These striking guys are fighting a losing battle

Rogan name drops Khabib as next opponent

crowds reaction

people who work night shifts and have frequent sleep deprivation also get brain damage but nobody goes like damn poor nurses
fuck fighters

Khabib took less damage over 27 pro fights than any of the guys in the co-main/main took just tonight.
Crazy stat.

<30>

Bad wrestlers also get beaten, compare Khabib to a great striker like Anderson and you will see he did not suffer a lot of damage.

Its a brutal sport for anyone but even more so to average fighters. But yes Wrestler have lower risk.

nobody wants to watch wrestling tho
I wish they brought a rule in with limited time on the ground, so if you wrestle and don't finish in 2 mins on the ground then the rest of the round has to be on the feet.

Speak for yourself.

I love wrestling, transitions, slams, scrambles and flurries of submission attempts.

Sounds like the recent surge in Bare Knuckle Boxing is exactly what you need.

I wish they brought a rule in with limited time on the ground, so if you wrestle and don't finish in 2 mins on the ground then the rest of the round has to be on the feet.

That’s retarted. Just watch kickboxing. That’s the sport you like.

its true, guys like Holloway are gonna be in a bad place in ~20 years, but I guess they must know that and accept the risk.

Brother... four of my close friends and our old ladies were watching this last night.

Demographic:

Involvement: 3 guys train or have trained fairly extensively.
Profession: 2 lawyers, 2 RCMP (Federal Cops - for those outside Canada), 1 Doctor, 1 Kenpo school owner, 2 insurance professionals.

EVERYONE was cringing watching that fight. Obviously there was tremendous excitement at the contest... but the conversation kept gravitating back to the insane amount of damage Holloway was taking and how that was, quite literally, a life-changing beating.

The doctor (who frequently does ER shifts) was talking (with sophistication) about the effect that degree of sustained trauma was having (and would continue have) on Max’s brain and how, if he has accumulated damage like that across various fights (which he has, although this was certainly the worst), he’s going to be absolutely fucked as he ages.

I loved the fight, but thinking about the effect that trauma will have on Max is unsettling.

One of my close friends who I’ve known since 2007 (who currently fights in the UFC) is NOT the same guy I met 12 years ago. He’s one example of several I could give you... Just the training alone has an incredibly deleterious effect on these guys, from a cognitive perspective.

Even myself, at 40... having been fairly heavily involved from 2007-2013, and then casually until 2016... I had an MRI of my brain in 2016, which demonstrated a fair number of traumatic lesions. That’s when I hung em up, even recreationally. As much as I love the sport. Getting hit in the head is NOT good for you.

Last edited:

Get your ass back to boxing. We don't want you here

Khabib doesnt do too much of it though. He mixes just enough. His fights with Barboza with jumping knees, Al with standup, Conor with strikes, Elbows with Pat Heley

Even his GNP is exiting beatdown as in MJ fight

There are worse fighters who just lay and pray for all rounds. Khabib mixes it and makes it interesting. Its more GNP beatdown

Khabib doesnt do too much of it though. He mixes just enough. His fights with Barboza with jumping knees, Al with standup, Conor with strikes, Elbows with Pat Heley

Even his GNP is exiting beatdown as in MJ fight

There are worse fighters who just lay and pray for all rounds. Khabib mixes it and makes it interesting. Its more GNP beatdown

90% of MMA fans are casuals aka WWE fans/red necks and they think its wrestling.

wrestling = boring

Wow, that's some deep thoughts.

Back