These striking guys are fighting a losing battle

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Khabib took less damage over 27 pro fights than any of the guys in the co-main/main took just tonight.
Crazy stat.

<30>

True shit. Stand up fighting is so exciting to watch but damn that wrestling is so important. Better to have shot knees and a bad back at the end of your career than bad CTE but what do I know

Khabib's wrestling is too strong. Of course he would take less damage

Great fight.... but neither looked like they would have anything to stay competitive with Khabib.

nobody wants to watch wrestling tho
I wish they brought a rule in with limited time on the ground, so if you wrestle and don't finish in 2 mins on the ground then the rest of the round has to be on the feet.

True, I think Tony will be the only one who at least could make the fight more exciting. I'm rooting for Dustin but Khabib is on a another level.

I wish they brought a rule in with limited time on the ground, so if you wrestle and don't finish in 2 mins on the ground then the rest of the round has to be on the feet.
giphy.gif

I don't like wrestling

I assume that's what you meant to write.

That's not how wrestling, or BJJ, works. If you can't get up and the wrestler is staying active, that's on you, not the wrestler. Why don't we make a rule where if you can't KO your opponent in two minutes, you have to start again on the mat?

Great fight.... but neither looked like they would have anything to stay competitive with Khabib.

Khabib will beat himself. He is too much of an Egomaniac and poorly represented to handle this title run properly..

Do yout think tonight's fight is going to change how Max Holloway does in a spelling bee?

If you can't get up and the wrestler is staying active, that's on you, not the wrestler.
like you said, 'staying active' we've seen refs stand them up when the guy on bottom can't get up himself? Because fck all is happening..and fck all tends to happen a lot with wrestlers. They do just enough to stop the ref stepping in and ride out the round..

Wrestling is the most dominant base by a huge margin and I don't think it's gonna change any time soon.

Speak for yourself.

And yes TS Khabib will smash him.
I'm sure Dustin will game plan a lot differently, but imagine him coming forward with those hooks at Khabib. Auto ground smash.

Khabib will beat himself. He is too much of an Egomaniac and poorly represented to handle this title run properly..

Jon Jones is an egomaniac, he's handling it fine. So was Muhammad Ali. Probably most fighters are really.

Conor was an egomaniac too. Unlike him, Khabib is 27-0 and handling it quite well it seems.

its true, guys like Holloway are gonna be in a bad place in ~20 years, but I guess they must know that and accept the risk.

There is a sport you might like more than MMA, it's called boxing. You should check it out.

Back