These photos show Aldo was talking out of his @$$. Is Conor getting in his head?

MMASuperfan

Purple Belt
Reaction score
From what I've heard, the UFC wanted Connor and Aldo to stare down in the cage after the fight, and Aldo refused because "he only steps into the cage if he's fighting."

OH REALLY??? The last time UFC came to Detroit (Penn vs Hughes III and Lyoto vs Rampage) I was there and Aldo was in the cage!

josealdoufcbeltceremony.jpg

Jose_aldo_ufc_title.png

They had crowned him the champ since he was WEC champ and gave him the belt in front of the crowd.

I haven't watched the card via broadcast since I was there, so I'm not sure if this was televised.

The current champ needs to promote. Not going into the cage after Rogan said it was gonna happen looked WEAK!

Not to mention, I really think he looked gotten to after Connor ran into the crowd. Yes he was smiling but I thought he was a little shaken up judging his body language and demeanor.

This seems like a joke but it's becoming more and more of an intriguing matchup!!

Its doesn't matter because aldo will probably whoop mcgregor.

Aldo hates the weight cut, is getting older, and although he's one of the best we've ever seen fight, and is a p4p top 5, he has a hell of a matchup on his hands.

Its doesn't matter because aldo will probably whoop mcgregor.

We will see about that soon. :)

I don't think Aldo was "shaken" when McGregor. Come on, the guy is a professional fighter, I don't see him being scared just because someone came at him.

But it was very unprofessional of Aldo not getting into the octagon to "promote" the fight. Especially since, as it was mentioned here, he has done it in the past.

Aldo hates the weight cut, is getting older, and although he's one of the best we've ever seen fight, and is a p4p top 5, he has a hell of a matchup on his hands.

Eveyone is getting older. Aldo is 28, absolute prime fighting age.

Hahaha, hey now, this isn't a big conspiracy, just saying he's done this before, and should promote the fight like a good Champion. From a fighting standpoint, Jose is a great Champion, one of the all time best. But he's not a big name because he's so quiet. This was a chance to get the fight more high profile.

Remember Chuck vs Wand facing off? or Brock being there when Shane Carwin destroyed Mir?? Cmon, seize the opportunity!

I don't think Aldo was "shaken" when McGregor. Come on, the guy is a professional fighter, I don't see him being scared just because someone came at him.

But it was very unprofessional of Aldo not getting into the octagon to "promote" the fight. Especially since, as it was mentioned here, he has done it in the past.

Yeah i dont think aldo gave a single fuck. I think what mcgregor did was somewhat unprofessional.

Good for the cash flow though i suppose.

i thought the whole thing with him getting in the ring was only getting in with opponents if hes fighting, due to some superstition he had?

Aldo doesn't have to play McGregor's childish game.

the champ shouldn't be asked to go in there to face the challenger. That would make Aldo the challenger. It's not the Conor show

Aldo is going the Diaz route. Be on the look out for a video of him flipping the camera off in his car.

Looks like this fight should spark some fireworks.

the champ shouldn't be asked to go in there to face the challenger. That would make Aldo the challenger. It's not the Conor show

But sir, until he loses, it is the Conor show...

Yeah i dont think aldo gave a single fuck. I think what mcgregor did was somewhat unprofessional.

Good for the cash flow though i suppose.

lol @ you

"I'm a massive McGregor fan" yet, you shit on him throughout all these threads ... GTFO.

I think it is a bit strange to promote that fight allready. It was still the Mcgreggor vs. Siver night.

But we all know that McGreggor vs. Siver was just set up for business purposes.

Poor Siver.

but sometimes in the cage after the fight is where MMAs most memorable moments come from

notimpressed.jpg

lol @ you

"I'm a massive McGregor fan" yet, you shit on him throughout all these threads ... GTFO.

I haven't shit once on him FOOL. Me and my missus enjoy watching him fight and are fans. Big fans. I think aldo will beat him, but i hope im wrong. Will probably change my tune closer to the fight. So pull that angry leprechaun out of your ass and beat yourself over the head with it.

What really matters is what happens inside the cage IN THE FIGHT. Aldo is not so skilled as a trash talker or fight promoter. Conor is really good on that... So maybe Aldo just got unconfortable to step in and didn

Back