These long term contracts are ruining the UFC's future

Smoking Indoors

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's irritating that fighters have to sign contracts stating they agree to fight X amout of times over a few years for guaranteed money of 15k to show 15k to win. Each fight should only have to be a 1 fight contract so the fighters dont get screwed out of money.

That's the only way to get the best money fights that the fans want to see. The payout wouldn't be a problem since the new owners only need to cut around 400+ fighters from the roster. Those people are just wasting space.

Besides, we only talk about maube 20-25 fighters anyways, so why have all that extra? Doesn't make sense.

Fightes only talked about:
1. Werdum
2. Jones
3. DC
4. Lawler
5. Woodley
6. Mickey Gall
7. Mike Perry
8. GSP
9. BJ Penn
10. Nunes
11. Holly Holm
12. The viking guy
13. Aldo
14. Holloway
15. T Ferg
16. Khabib
17. Fedor
18. CM Punk
19. Joanna
20. Wonderboy
21. Korean Zombie

Put on a card every 4-6 months and make all these big money fights (min of $2mil per fighter).

They need to cut a lot of fighters and slow down on all those Fight Night cards.

and a more structured system for getting a Title shot and defending it.

They need to cut a lot of fighters and slow down on all those Fight Night cards.

I think a structured system is a thing of the past. When we all played Street Fighter, we didn't match up who was most deserving, we just picked our favorite characters. Rankings are a thing of the past and titles mean absolutely nothing anymore.

I think a structured system is a thing of the past. When we all played Street Fighter, we didn't match up who was most deserving, we just picked our favorite characters. Rankings are a thing of the past and titles mean absolutely nothing anymore.

Yeah I always Picked Chun Li and I fought whoever, I would happily fight the bigger guys e.g Zangief or Blanka

I agree with you sir. I would also like to add that title holder needs to defend the belt X amount of times per year or he or she gets stripped. (X being a number determined by the UFC, I would like to see 1-2 times per year). Asking a fighter who is the champion of his/her division to fight twice a year, once every six months, is not unreasonable and would really move things along.

It's irritating that fighters have to sign contracts stating they agree to fight X amout of times over a few years for guaranteed money of 15k to show 15k to win. Each fight should only have to be a 1 fight contract so the fighters dont get screwed out of money.

That's the only way to get the best money fights that the fans want to see. The payout wouldn't be a problem since the new owners only need to cut around 400+ fighters from the roster. Those people are just wasting space.

Besides, we only talk about maube 20-25 fighters anyways, so why have all that extra? Doesn't make sense.

They are not forced to sign, but they do. They feel whatever the UFC offers is better than any other organization will offer. Some fighters probably realize they are going to win some and lose some so the guaranteed money suits them best.

I personally would try and negotiate 1-2 fight contracts, every time I win and more people watch negotiate a higher payday. Get my title shot, negotiate a higher payday and ppv cut.

They are not forced to sign, but they do. They feel whatever the UFC offers is better than any other organization will offer. Some fighters probably realize they are going to win some and lose some so the guaranteed money suits them best.

I personally would try and negotiate 1-2 fight contracts, every time I win and more people watch negotiate a higher payday. Get my title shot, negotiate a higher payday and ppv cut.
I'm just saying if you win a few fights, call out the champ, then win...you should negotiate each defense as it's own contract. If you know someone is likely to take your title, you demand more money or dont fight at all. They can "strip" tour title and give it away, but we all know who the real champ would be anyways, which is why being a champion means nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back