These are the 2 most beautiful displays of martial science I've ever seen. But which is better?

Fedor's move is actually a helluva lot more intricate than MM's move. The redirection of momentum and weight distribution is out-fucking-standing in Fedor's move.

You must be new to mma if you think that is impressive. Pro wrestlers do that on a daily basis.

Most professional fighters couldn’t do DJ’s move IN PRACTICE, let alone in a real fight.

That's because most professional fighters aren't 5'3 and 125lbs

Being small makes pulling that off infinitely easier.

Whole lot easier to toss Ray Borg and arm bar him than it would be for Yoel Romero to toss Rockhold and arm bar him...

That's because most professional fighters aren't 5'3 and 125lbs

Being small makes pulling that off infinitely easier.

Whole lot easier to toss Ray Borg and arm bar him than it would be for Yoel Romero to toss Rockhold and arm bar him...
What? How? Ray Borg is the same size as MM. He is tossing a man his own size and weight. Luke is much bigger than Yoel so ofc it would be harder.

What's more impressive? I'm a Fedor fanatic so I say Fedor's move is >.
Fedor's move is actually a helluva lot more intricate than MM's move. The redirection of momentum and weight distribution is out-fucking-standing in Fedor's move.

But what say YOU, Sherdog? All opinions are welcome. Except for Nostromo's. Because fuck Nostromo. I'm glad he's gone and I hope he's impotent wherever he is.

they are both great
WZF7TC.gif

Cip8ulp.gif

All opinions are welcome. Except for Nostromo's. Because fuck Nostromo. I'm glad he's gone and I hope he's impotent wherever he is.
Yep,

Fuck that guy, I never did nothin and was unfairly targeted countless times for dishing out harmless emotional abuse.

As for the post, got to be Fedor, yes MM was impressive but remember how light he and Borg are - its impossible for Fedor to do that because he's an averaged sized human. Also, Borg was just expecting a takedown so didn't protect himself from an arm bar attempt.

For Fedor to move like that with such speed and power at HW is just amazing.

I prefer Matt Hughes making GSP tap out to the armbar.

MM by a landslide. You will never see that pulled off again.

But what say YOU, Sherdog? All opinions are welcome. Except for Nostromo's. Because fuck Nostromo. I'm glad he's gone and I hope he's impotent wherever he is.

WZF7TC.gif

Cip8ulp.gif
These obviously are not the two best ever but of the two Mighty Mouse is obviously more impressive by a wide margin

I am a striker who loves technical striking. So...

1) Anderson silva vs leben, Franklin, belfort, griffin, and okami.

2) how prime pettis set up his headkick against joe.

3) Nick Diaz vs frank shamrock and penn.

In the future: Israel adesanya
Howsabout Cowboy v Story? Ooooo

That wasn’t even Fedor’s best moment, let alone best MMA display. He just chain wrestles really beautifully and cleanly there, but it’s not like a demonstration of the arts blending together. His punches into crowding the hips, then throwing are some pretty spectacular examples of the mixed martial arts.

WZF7TC.gif

Cip8ulp.gif
who is nostromo? and what happened to him?

Fedor is definitely well beyond MM in overall MMA skill and ability, but that particular takedown isn't that special whereas that arm bar off that takedown that MM did was pretty god damn awesome.

What? How? Ray Borg is the same size as MM. He is tossing a man his own size and weight. Luke is much bigger than Yoel so ofc it would be harder.

Luke is not "much bigger" than Yoel. He's taller, not a whole lot bigger. There is a difference you know.

Them being the same size isn't why this happened.

The reason this happened is because they are small human beings. Small people are more agile than large people. That's a fact of life.

I mean, could you imagine Jon Jones tossing DC into the air and catching an arm bar in one motion? No. Because they are large and cumbersome. It is physically impossible for them to move like mighty mouse because of their size.

Who'd win a fight though? The larger men would. That's why Fedor's move is more impressive to me. It's actually a more effective move.

Mighty mouse can't pull that move off against a normal sized fighter. Fedor could literally pull that off on anybody at any weight.

Luke is not "much bigger" than Yoel. He's taller, not a whole lot bigger. There is a difference you know.

Then being the same size isn't why this happened.

The reason this happened is because they are small human beings. Small people are more agile than large people. That's a fact of life.

I mean, could you imagine Jon Jones tossing DC into the air and catching an arm bar in one motion? No. Because they are large and cumbersome. It is physically impossible for them to move like mighty mouse because of their size.

Who'd win a fight though? The larger men would. That's why Fedor's move is more impressive to me. It's actually a more effective move.

Mighty mouse can't pull that move off against a normal sized fighter. Fedor could literally pull that off on anybody at any weight.
Ofc the larger men would that's why we have weight classes. Otherwise the UFC would be just HW fights..

The reason why MM's move was impressive has nothing to do with whether or not he could pull it off on a larger opponent but the skill level and technique required to pull it off. Even if they are both small it takes a lot of skill to pull a move like that. It's why all fighters respect MM because they understand what he does in the Octagon while casuals dismiss him simply because he is small.

Do you not have eyes folks? MM throws a guy into the air, the applies an by the time they hit the ground.

MM by a light year.

Fedors move was a TD
MM move was a TD and a sub
How is this even a discussion? Lol @ people that chose Fedor because he'd win against MM. No shit. Thats what weight classes are for.

Back