1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

There's this douchebag guy

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Janilane, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Janilane

Janilane Guest

in my kyokushin class which is quite new and has been attending class like 4 times only. He's got a MT training/background, and what pisses me off is he always power up in every kick and punches to the kicking pads even with a frail female student holding it. My sensei seems okay with it though, but all the guys and girls who held the pad during training did feel the force of the kicks and punches, but being the good guys that they are, they just brushed it aside. Imagine him, muscular 180lbs kicking the pad with force being held by a 125 lbs girl. Just because he's the muscle man in the group and the only one with MT training, he's trying to prove a point I guess. What a dick. I hope you're reading this, i won't reveal your name though.:mad:

2. GrapplerGrobi

GrapplerGrobi White Belt

Talk to him then and ask him if he can put less power in his kicks when you are holding the pads. There is no shame in that. Otherwise he wont change it, and why would he. Going hard is what the pads are for.

I am assuming you are the 125lb girl. If you are a guy then, well, you should perhaps consider changing the sport, as kyukushin is one of the harder fighting styles out there. :icon_neut

3. ChrisK1

ChrisK1 Orange Belt

he probably isnt aware...ive never seen someone not try to blast the pads in the gym...like grappler said...its what they're for

4. Kellogg's

Kellogg's Green Belt

If he can't kick the pads with full force then what can he kick? That's what the pads are for.

5. shera

shera Brown Belt

You want him to hold back when hitting the pads?! ahahahahaha

6. Bennosuke

Bennosuke Blue Belt

There was a girl like that at the kyokushin dojo I trained at before. Honestly, he isn't doing anything wrong by hitting the pads full force. If it is too hard for the girl, maybe she should talk to him or the sensei, and work something out.

7. Thaimless

Thaimless Banned Banned

I'm assuming your the 125 pound girl?

8. Cannon_6

Cannon_6 Green Belt

Your instructor is the "douchebag guy", for pairing a 180-lb guy up with a 125-lb girl for padwork.

9. Nefron

Nefron Purple Belt

Just ask him to ease up ffs.

10. esum80

esum80 แทงเข่าขวา

pair up with a more suitable partner

11. MonkeyNuts!

MonkeyNuts! Rear Naked Poker

girl may actually prefer it, u never kno

12. mjw1

mjw1 Blue Belt

Yes & secondly is she hot?

13. Smw

Smw Purple Belt

This thread makes me chuckle..

14. rms13

rms13 Purple Belt

I train Muay Thai. I'm about 185 and I always find someone close to my size when we are pairing off to do pad work. That guy shouldn't be working with someone that much smaller then him. And I agree you have to kick pads hard because you can't kick someone full speed in the ribs when you are sparring so you have to work on power somewhere

15. Lionidas

Lionidas Brown Belt

Asking someone to go easy on the pads is just plain wrong....
    The sensai should pair him with someone of equal size or strength.

edit: Holding the pads against someone bigger and stronger is actually a good mental conditioner. It gets your body used to be being pushed and taking impact.

16. BigInJapan

BigInJapan Green Belt

LOLOLOL winner. Anyway yeah tell the kids at your gym to stop being such pussies. Pads are there for going 100%

17. Mat Nemesis**

Mat Nemesis** Green Belt

talk to him and ask him why he is training this karate shit when he trained mt before.

18. Janilane

Janilane Guest

okay then, if the concensus is to allow it, then let the sensei handle it. No, I'm actually a 155 athletic type of guy who can do 100 situps and 100 pushups in one go, so I don't mind him powering up, I actually doesn't block his body shots so my body can get used to it. It's the ladies in the class I'm worried about, but yeah, the hell.

19. NuTzOnSwOll

NuTzOnSwOll Purple Belt

yeah man that happens. One time way back i was paired with this chick to hold pads while low kicking. Of course i zoned out (like i always do during pads) and was belting away full force.
    Later on my buddies were laughing about it on how she nearly fell everytime and i wasnt even looking at her !

:redface:

20. Janilane

Janilane Guest

same fucking thing happens everytime to the ladies, they almost always lose their balance with the hits!