There's one man who has ruined Conor's career, and it's not Nate.

Conor McGregoat

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Rafael Dos Sorefoot.

Nate DIaz is clearly one of the worse matchups out there for Conor. If Dos Sorefoot wouldn't have pulled out, Conor KO's him in round 1 (obviously), and then moves on to face Robbie Lawler at Welterweight. Conor is top 3 in pure boxing technique on the roster. Conor would have KO'd Woodley tonight the way he came in chin up, hands down, as he would most other fighters at 170 and below. It's a shame that we will most likely never see this, thanks to Dos Sorefoot.

You still think Conor would have been able to deal with RDA's smothering grappling and high cardio pace huh.

Fucking RDA and his bruised foot. I really wanted to see this fight. Guess they never heard of Ibuprofen at Kings MMA.

Conor could not handle the punching power of Nate Diaz. The elite WWs would knock his fucking head off of his shoulders.

Also Conor knocking out elite WWs is laughable. There is no reason to believe that his punching power would translate at WW. In fact the only evidence that we have suggests that it doesn't even translate to LW.

The sad thing is you probably think that really wouldve happened

Conor is going to lose to another opponent not named Nate Diaz within the next 12 months. He's fighting top guys now. Mystic Mac is dead--no one is afraid of him.

this is so retarded i cant even believe it. Nates a beast and conor cant handle pressure. RDA wouldve raped conor.

You still think Conor would have been able to deal with RDA's smothering grappling and high cardio pace huh.
Conor's style is to fight long at a distance. Nate totally disrupts this with his length. RDA is a better matchup stylistically, imo.

I thought this thread was gonna be about playing touchbutt in the park, with a guy that has a man-bun.

I was thinking about it around the time of UFC 200 and how RDA's broken foot completely shifted Conors career to the point its major. Conor went from having a solid shot at the LW belt and being the first multiple division champ and possibly getting a shot at the WW shot.......to fighting a non title fight, losing.....and then getting kicked off UFC 200. All cause of a broken foot

Conor could not handle the punching power of Nate Diaz. The elite WWs would knock his fucking head off of his shoulders.

Also Conor knocking out elite WWs is laughable. There is no reason to believe that his punching power would translate at WW. In fact the only evidence that we have suggests that it doesn't even translate to LW.

You don't actually believe that Conor couldn't handle Nates power, do you? It's very clear that Conor miscalculated the effects of fighting a high cardio pace with an extra 25 pounds. He was clearly out boxing Nate until he gassed.

You can't determine that Conor's power did not translate to lightweight because he didn't KO a Diaz. One of the many reasons this was his worst possible matchup

You don't actually believe that Conor couldn't handle Nates power, do you? It's very clear that Conor miscalculated the effects of fighting a high cardio pace with an extra 25 pounds. He was clearly out boxing Nate until he gassed.

You can't determine that Conor's power did not translate to lightweight because he didn't KO a Diaz. One of the many reasons this was his worst possible matchup

Extra 25 lbs? WTF are you talking about?

I saw the fight. He could not handle Nate's power. He got lit up and he panic wrestled.

If Conor could kick ass at WW he would not be killing himself to cut to FW. Right?

Nate is a bad matchup.

209 boxing, worlds better on the ground were Conor is not terrible but not good, long reach, hard as fuck to finish pretty much takes a huge shot like a headkick.

But.....I think alot of other guys are potential bad matchups

I thought this thread was gonna be about playing touchbutt in the park, with a guy that has a man-bun.
Oh, so doing gay shit in the park ruined his career?
Ban for homophobia. It's 2016.

The Conor we saw against Nate is the Conor we would've seen against RDA. There's no way that guy could've done what Alvarez did.
RDA didn't respect Conor at all, he would've blitzed him. It's sad because I wish he'd still be the champ even if his talking is boring.

Extra 25 lbs? WTF are you talking about?

I saw the fight. He could not handle Nate's power. He got lit up and he panic wrestled.

If Conor could kick ass at WW he would not be killing himself to cut to FW. Right?

Ok ok, maybe 15. Either way, point is he fought at a much bigger weight. You have to admit that it had an effect on his cardio, right? Anyone who says no is just being a McGregor hater.

Obviously, FW is a much easier route to success, which is what he wanted coming into the UFC, a quick, sure road to the top. Just because he prefers the easy route, doesn't mean he wouldn't kick ass at WW. It just wouldn't be a smart business move to come right in the UFC and take unnecessary risks, not when you were so set on "taking over the game", like he was.

RDA puts Conor on his back and makes Conor his pet even faster than Nate did.

Anyone with mean wrestling and ground game is a worse match-up for Conor than Nate is. RDA, Alvarez, El Cucuy and Khabib are all nightmares for Conor. Even Cowboy has good enough offensive wrestling these days to make Conor's life a misery.

I was thinking about it around the time of UFC 200 and how RDA's broken foot completely shifted Conors career to the point its major. Conor went from having a solid shot at the LW belt and being the first multiple division champ and possibly getting a shot at the WW shot.......to fighting a non title fight, losing.....and then getting kicked off UFC 200. All cause of a broken foot

Conor kicked himself off UFC 200 by literally believing he was above the entire UFC coming off a loss.

Unfortunately if anything that move makes him look good now that UFC 200 bombed because he can claim it was only due to him not being in it.

Lol RDA is a worse matchup than Diaz for Mac. He would have killed him in the octagon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back