Elections There's one issue that Democrats seem to agree on: Paying teachers more

Make the process to become teachers more streamlined.

We need more professionals with years of experience being recruited to teach.

We need more fomer engineers, chemists, accountants, nurses, etc in the educational field.

At least make it easier for private school teachers to teach in public schools.

Sure, I'd like more in my paycheck. But, it's more important to me to have more colleagues with more life experiences and expertise in their teaching field.

So you do know that Christians have literally been slaughtered overseas for being Christian, right?

Sure wish those countries were less Christophobic.

...but no, only the white man must be tolerant of others.

Climb up on that cross victim.

How come these highly edumucated people break down in tears and run away when their opinions are challenged?

Well, the leftists do at least.

The conservatives can at least answer a question.

What a broad and useless generalization. In the libtard sciences, they call observations like yours worse than wrong, as they're not even useful enough to learn in error.

It's hilarious how much disdain you righties have for colleges and for higher learning in general, yet you consistently act like you're the arbiters of truth, proliferated in the institutions of higher learning, proudly standing up and asking the real questions!!! Laughable piffle by the side denying climate change, evolution and sexual education.

The right is going full heel lol. Now it's "fuck off teachers, take your pay and fuck off...my taxes need downin'"...

Paying teachers more is definitely something we should be bitching about. Just give billionaires more money to sit on for a few generations and it will eventually trickle down. On the bright side, if we just trust Trump and re elect him, he'll show us that health care plan he's been plotting. That, incidentally, is by far Trump's best "vote for me" ploy. I want to meet the guy who buys into that.

Tr- Vince was right, life does suck, and then you die!!! Lol!!! Who cares?! Fuck off!!
tenor.gif

44k a year for a person with a master's degree doesn't seem very good to me.

This is what some of my family makes teaching in Alabama.
Based on some cost of living calculators, that would be on par with someone in brooklyn, ny making 96,000

Based on some cost of living calculators, that would be on par with someone in brooklyn, ny making 96,000

Which is what a cab driver makes that works allot of hours in NYC, not what someone whose job requires a master's degree for, should make.

Which is what a cab driver makes that works allot of hours in NYC, not what someone whose job requires a master's degree for, should make.
I agree its not enough to prosper, but cab drivers dont make anywhere near 96k

Top pay for NYPD is 95k

Yeah, and cops, and fire fighters, and teachers can't live in the areas they work because of this.

Seems like a good argument for public sector unions.

Turns out that without those unions, they would be even more under paid then they already are. Which is why they came into existence in the first place.

In NYC, working 80 hours a week?

You sure?
The average salary for a Taxi Driver is $43,598 per year in New York, NY, which is 32% above the national average as per indeed.com
With uber and Lyft etc, they take even more of a hit.

Median in New York for teachers is 80k. So not making 6 figures easy.

Source.
https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/25-2021.00
Your comparing the state of new york. Data is useless. The cist of livihg in upstate ny is on par with the midwest

Same thing with nys corection officers...average is 55k. I know guys who cleared 200k last year

Fucked up my edit, see below

Your comparing the state of new york. Data is useless. The cist of livihg in upstate ny is on par with the midwest

Same thing with nys corection officers...average is 55k. I know guys who cleared 200k last year, i should have specified

Back