There's no real substance to Rogans UFC commentary when you rewatch the fights

Isn't that what he's supposed to do? You got your pbp commentator, Rogan, and your color commentator(whoever else) who fills in the silence.

He's apparently alive.. I must have him confused with somebody else..

919754411-picard-facepalm.jpg

It isn't easy to analyze something as it's happening at the pace of a typical fight.
Going in depth on something that is happening fast is what makes Cruz so unlistenable, he's still breaking down something that happened a while ago but 100 different other things have happened since.
I can't stand Cruz commentating...so goddamn annoying and distracting.

It isn't easy to analyze something as it's happening at the pace of a typical fight.
Going in depth on something that is happening fast is what makes Cruz so unlistenable, he's still breaking down something that happened a while ago but 100 different other things have happened since.

Spot on, brother.

I think the best combo would be to have one guy constantly explain the basics. He comes at every fight in every event as if the viewers had never watched MMA. The other guy tries to get at the nuances of the various techniques and styles. He treats the viewers as if they themselves train MMA, every fight, every card.

A third guys job would be to talk about how devastating leg kicks are in every fight, whether leg kicks are being employed or not.
Boxing commentators should try to incorporate leg-kick analysis into their work.

The game has passed Rogan by. That's why he tries to create these injury or GOAT narratives mid fight because he can't accurately explain what is going on.

For someone with his striking abilities, it's shockingly void of any deep analysis. All he does his rapport what we are seeing on the screen. Is he so caught up with the fights himself that refuses to analyze or what's up?

As always overhyping leg kicks----

leg kick! Leg kick, Leg kick again!, another leg kick! Those leg kicks are devastating"

Fixed it for you.

GIeDKAx.jpg

Joe Rogan built this company from nothing, wait wrong person.... nevermind....

For someone with his striking abilities, it's shockingly void of any deep analysis. All he does his rapport what we are seeing on the screen. Is he so caught up with the fights himself that refuses to analyze or what's up?

leg kick! Leg kick, Leg kick again!, another leg kick! Those leg kicks are devastating"

I wouldn't call him a technical analysis kind of guy

I think he just tries to look at the larger picture in general. Mostly in basic terms considering the larger fanbase

I wouldn't call him a technical analysis kind of guy

I think he just tries to look at the larger picture in general. Mostly in basic terms considering the larger fanbase

I wouldn't call his commentary anything but a fan watching, which is why it sucks

I wouldn't call his commentary anything but a fan watching, which is why it sucks
Yeah but it's not his job to be the technical guy

Hes best when he plays that role of the passionate fan with a few basic nuggets of knowledge in there

Maybe he'll throw a few grappling or striking tidbits in the mix but the nuanced stuff is better done by his co commentators

His role is best served with what hes doing imo, at least in terms of his value as a commentator for the masses, obviously the more hardcore / well studied fan would like that other side of joe

This is an entertainment business, and Rogan is there solely for this reason.

Yeah but it's not his job to be the technical guy

Hes best when he plays that role of the passionate fan with a few basic nuggets of knowledge in there

Maybe he'll throw a few grappling or striking tidbits in the mix but the nuanced stuff is better done by his co commentators

His role is best served with what hes doing imo, at least in terms of his value as a commentator for the masses, obviously the more hardcore / well studied fan would like that other side of joe

there's more to commentary than technique, as I already explained

Leg kick.

I still want to see an arm kick.

"Arm kick! Arm kick again! Those arm kicks are pure devastaishon"

Back