There's no excuse for Masvidal to duck Edwards now

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
- Leon is ranked #3. Masvidal is ranked #7.
- Leon just beat fan favorite Nate Diaz on a PPV with 2 title fights. His name recognition has gone up now.
- Leon may have been exposed as chinny

What exactly can Masvidal say now?

- Leon just beat fan favorite Nate Diaz on a PPV with 2 title fights. His name recognition has gone up now.

He's been ducking since that three piece and a soda shit.

Leon beats Masivdal down

Wasn't aware Mas ducked anyone ever. But ok.

Everyone wants to see that fight anyway.

"I already dealt with that individual."

Same thing he always says. It's lame.

He was never ducking Leon lol, he got two title shots, why the fuck would he ask to fight Leon?

Now the fight makes sense, and has a good chance of happening

At this point I'd wonder if Leon would take that fight.

Unless they make Colby vs Usman, I dont see Leon taking that fight. He's been pretty consistent to sit on his ass and wait for a titleshot. Dude really thought he had a claim when he beat a shopworn RDA and after eyepoking Belal. Lets not forget he refused Wonderboy cause he thought he deserved the titleshot.

I'd love to be wrong on this one though. Mas vs Edwards would be a fun fight and def. should be next.

He was never ducking Leon lol, he got two title shots, why the fuck would he ask to fight Leon?

Now the fight makes sense, and has a good chance of happening
I 2nd this.
I think what Mas did in London to Leon was stupid, but I never really thought he ducked Leon.
Jorge just beat #3 Darren Till and had a fight lined up with Ben Askren. Leon beat a fighter in the the top 15-10 in Gunnar Nelson.

Afterwards Jorge got that crazy KO over Askren and was one win away from a TS. Leon beats RDA later that month(July) and is moved into the #4 ranked spot. Jorge was #3 and Leon was #4, I think this would've been the best time for the fight to have been booked IMO. Issue is Mas became a star and Leon isn't that great of an attraction to fans.

That's where the Diaz callout comes in a month later(August), Jorge wins that fight and goes on to fight for the belt.

Jorge had better fights lined up for him and Leon waited around until 2021 to fight again.

Leon probably not getting the TS now. This is a great high profile alternative for him. Good fight for Masvidal too as it will mostly be a striking affair. This fight is most likely happening imo.

Fight makes sense, but does it make $$$

Masvidal is up there in age and has clearly shown he wants big money every fight. I think a Diaz rematch could happen.

I 2nd this.
I think what Mas did in London to Leon was stupid, but I never really thought he ducked Leon.
Jorge just beat #3 Darren Till and had a fight lined up with Ben Askren. Leon beat a fighter in the the top 15-10 in Gunnar Nelson.

Afterwards Jorge got that crazy KO over Askren and was one win away from a TS. Leon beats RDA later that month(July) and is moved into the #4 ranked spot. Jorge was #3 and Leon was #4, I think this would've been the best time for the fight to have been booked IMO. Issue is Mas became a star and Leon isn't that great of an attraction to fans.

That's where the Diaz callout comes in a month later(August), Jorge wins that fight and goes on to fight for the belt.

Jorge had better fights lined up for him and Leon waited around until 2021 to fight again.
Yep, people say the same about Colby, I'd like to see them be more active too, but if the UFC is giving them title shots you can't blame them

If they're both willing, this would be a cool co-main to Colby/Usman 2.

At this point I'd wonder if Leon would take that fight.

Unless they make Colby vs Usman, I dont see Leon taking that fight. He's been pretty consistent to sit on his ass and wait for a titleshot. Dude really thought he had a claim when he beat a shopworn RDA and after eyepoking Belal. Lets not forget he refused Wonderboy cause he thought he deserved the titleshot.

I'd love to be wrong on this one though. Mas vs Edwards would be a fun fight and def. should be next.
Weird how people throw that accusation at Leon but not the guy more guilty of it in Leon. Odd

Masvidal is gonna want something less challenging. Dont be surprised if he calls out Nick Diaz lol

Agreed, I hope Mas is licking his lips hungry for another 3 piece and soda after seeing that shit show last night.

Sure. If pillowfisted Nate put him on bamby legs, Mas could potentially send him to Narnia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back