There's a reason locker room bonuses aren't disclosed; they aren't real.

I am gonna assume you meant file taxes.

Those people don't have to file, because their income is very low.

The UFC isn't a money laundering scheme. their guys pay taxes like everyone else.

They don't disclose it so that they can use it as a reward for fighters and not have it used in negotiations.

Not really. From low incomes to the super wealthy, there are plenty that does not report or file their full income, esp among ICs. That's just the way it is in our country.

No one said ufc is doing money laundry. The fighters report or not report the backroom income as ICs is ENTIRELY up to them. UFC bares NO responsibility in that.

First reply nailed it. It's for tax purposes.

The UFC is a private company. They have to publicly give the salaries for show/win/lose money for commission purposes. All other pay is under the table.

It benefits the UFC to give as low numbers as possible and to talk as little about pay as they can to keep from getting eaten alive by taxes.
Randy Couture's contract is public record thanks to him suing the UFC many years ago. If people took the time to read his contract, they would get an idea just how much these guys actually make and how the salary list after every PPV gets posted is just for show and shouldn't be taken seriously. It would be like me saying how much money I made an hour but giving no more details on how many hours a week I work, bonuses or incentives I might be making. It doesn't tell the whole story.

Fighters are independent contractors, so yeah it is possible.

I've never understood people who argue "the fighters arent underpaid, they get locker room bonuses!"

why do you think the bonuses aren't disclosed while the other pay is? because they don't exist or because they're so shamefully small they may as well not exist.

multiple fighters said they have received them vs you just claiming they don't exist with no source or basis of claim...hmmm

Wow...6 examples out of hundreds and hundreds of fighters over many years. Quite the sample size.

So he gives six examples which you discredit because it's not every single fighter?

Tell you what dipshit, can you find one quote from a fighter saying the bonuses aren't real? Does evidence only matter when it tells the story you want told?

UFC discloses the minimum they are required to: Show and win money in sanctioned districts. Some of those commissions release the numbers to the public, and some of them dont. There's no reason on earth they should disclose any more than that about the money they pay out.

Oddly enough, the NFL seems perfectly happy to disclose every penny. But I guess the moment you go below 5 billion dollars in annual income, transparency becomes impossible.

Wow...6 examples out of hundreds and hundreds of fighters over many years. Quite the sample size.

It's a big enough sample size to dispel TS' notion that "they don't exist."

If "they don't exist" there wouldn't be a single example.

Instead he gave 6.

I gave a few more in another post in this thread.

But hey, ignorance is bliss, right?

There's more examples of fighters saying they're broke and got paid peanuts. Those examples vastly outnumber any fantasy locker room bonuses.

There's more examples of fighters saying they're broke and got paid peanuts. Those examples vastly outnumber any fantasy locker room bonuses.

This thread aint even about whether the UFC pays well. The thread is about wether or not they pay undisclosed bonuses, and if so, how often. We have no examples that I know of of fighters saying it doesn't happen. We have plenty examples of fighters saying it does. Even the guys who are complaining about pay aren't disputing it. Why are you?

No, because of taxes

Has nothing to do with taxes. 67,000 posts on Shertard forum doesn't make you smart.

UFC, no doubt, deducts these bonuses as an expense to lower their taxable income. In doing so, they obviously have to record where this money goes...

If payments total more than $600 for the year, per individual, you are required to report this money to the IRS and send the individual a 1099 form, so they can include this amount on their taxes.

UFC pays bonuses to encourage and reward exciting fights and fighters who do their job well, which includes marketing the fight, showing up to events, etc., etc.

This is one of those cases where you have two extremes of an argument and both are wrong.

One extreme says locker room bonuses are made up or completely insignificant. This isn't true because several fighters, both in and outside the UFC, have come out in favor of how significant their bonuses are.

The other extreme says fighter pay is not a problem because you have bonuses, while knowing NOTHING about just how much those bonuses are. So if a fighter is getting 16k for a fight, they'l argue "You really think they just got 16k? They all get a bonus!"
Bonuses are variable, for all we know that guy got 5-10k on top of his 16k. An unknown bonus is not a good excuse to pay ridiculously low salaries.

So for me it's somewhere in between. It seems UFC is usually quite generous with their bonuses, but they still need to make the discloses salaries somewhat reasonable.

Unless you're the IRS who really cares? They're not a publicly traded company either they can do what they want when they want and however they want they have no one to answer to.

They are, but from my interactions with fighters they are rare and are never more than $5,000, which is nothing to scoff at when you receive it..... but also not the pot-o-gold some pretend it must be.

I've never understood people who argue "the fighters arent underpaid, they get locker room bonuses!"

why do you think the bonuses aren't disclosed while the other pay is? because they don't exist or because they're so shamefully small they may as well not exist.

Lemme tell you something, whitebelt-noob-who-rehashes-old-shit. This topic was done to death years ago. It's 2015 and you're still not over it. For the sake of everyone here, please, get a life.

They have been proven real and sourced as such by UFC fighters. They are real, deal with it.

Lemme tell you something, whitebelt-noob-who-rehashes-old-shit. This topic was done to death years ago. It's 2015 and you're still not over it. For the sake of everyone here, please, get a life.

Okay okay, let's set one thing straight. NOBODY on Sherdog should tell anyone else on Sherdog.... they they ought get a life.

Okay okay, let's set one thing straight. NOBODY on Sherdog should tell anyone else on Sherdog.... they they ought get a life.

I always get a good laugh when I see stuff like that from fellow 1,000 post members. In this case though i'm pretty sure the poster is just a long time troll account that pretends to be a UFC fanboy, its a pretty odd troll job if so though, but he doesn't break character so i'll give him credit for that.

Back