There will never be another Fedor

Agreed. GSP was a far better representative of the beauty, respect and honor than Fedor.
GSP never had ties to shady and dangerous politicians. Who your friends are shows judgement.
You sound like my mom.. This is about a once in a lifetime fighter, not political views

Nobody had the mystique and aura that Fedor had. Those steely eyes looked bored, but we rarely ever were during a Fedor fight.

I don't do GOATs, that shit is constantly changing and will continue to. But Fedor has a special place in my MMA heart, for sure.

Agreed. GSP was a far better representative of the beauty, respect and honor than Fedor.
GSP never had ties to shady and dangerous politicians. Who your friends are shows judgement.

Well... there is the whole Jimmy Cournoyer thing, no?

Jon ain't shit compared to Fedor
tumblr_ncrhs04BXj1tfrx5ho6_400.gif

I don't really say never, and so I won't here. I doubt we see someone like that for a really long time though.

GSP talked a lot of crap about other fighters not being clean, whe he wasnt clean either. That isnt honourable.

Forget about the GOAT debate which is rightfully belongs to Fedor, if you poll it on Sherdog, he wins, if you poll it with fighters, he wins, if you poll it in brazil, he wins and so on.

One thing about Fedor that will never be replicated is that he literally embodies his country and his martial arts. I mean, he's stoic, calm, cold blooded, religious, nationalist, kinda sexist in a traditional way, vodka loving Russian, who if you look at his sambo matches before he got old and careful after losing three in row, he had very strike-to-throw style that he implemented very well in MMA in his combat sambo matches.

I mean, who else is there who really can say that they represent their country as one of their citizens so well, I mean by that not necessarily by their success but by their personality and demeanor, and also the maritial arts style that he represents?

Maybe Don Frye for USA, loud, brash, confident, gun loving, beer loving, representing the good old united states of america martial arts, wrassling.
Muhammad Ali

Did the right thing by avoiding Vietnam and did it with honor -- went to prison instead of running to Canada "No Viet Cong called me n.1gger!"

Stuck by his people -- campaigned for civil rights

Personal integrity over personal benefit at all important moral decisions

Was willing to give up his career and go to jail for it.

And he did it in the most American way possible: with individual thought and action, not conforming to the immoral collective hive mind

True American

The greatest

My conscience won’t let me go shoot my brother, or some darker people or some poor, hungry people in the mud, for big, powerful America. And shoot them for what? They never called me n1.gger. They never lynched me. They didn’t put no dogs on me. They didn’t rob me of my nationality, and rape and kill my mother and father. Why would I want to—shoot them for what? I got to go shoot them, those little poor little black people, little babies and children, women; how can I shoot them poor people? Just take me to jail.
"You my enemy," he tells the assembled crowd of mostly white students. "My enemy is the white people, not Viet Cong or Chinese or Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. You won't even stand up for me in America for my religious beliefs — and you want me to go somewhere and fight, but you won't even stand up for me here at home?"

Last edited:
Silly statement.

Assuming human civilization doesn't implode, and MMA continues for the next 100 years, there will likely be multiple "Fedor-esqe" fighters that emerge.

Russia's a terrible country with very little in the way of moral sanity so not sure what point you're trying to make here

Silly statement.

Assuming human civilization doesn't implode, and MMA continues for the next 100 years, there will likely be multiple "Fedor-esqe" fighters that emerge.
No. Never.

Gsp never had the aura of dominance that Fedor had and the only person who has come close is Jon Jones and very briefly Ronda Rousy and look how they handled having all that smoke blown up their ass. No one had more smoke blown up their ass than Fedor and this is how he handled it.
<Fedor23>

He is close friends with infamous violent criminals in Montreal.

His name is Jimmy cournyer. Drug trafficker who killed potential witnesses. Not a great guy to associate with and even convince the judge to reduce his sentence which gsp did.

Last edited:
I dont have to. Facts are facts. Associating with people who have no concern for the peace of the free world and actively seek to destabilize it is not the action of an honorable man. And it says a lot about your character that you support a man such as this.
What the fuck are you on
Putin is not the best or holy
But still among the better ones there is by far.

Back