There should be more tune up fights in the UFC

They should make it a non-title fight.

Besides, tune up fights should be even lower caliber of fighters than Serra or Lutter, no chance top fighter losses to them. That's the point of a tune up fight.
Yeah people will line up to watch Anderson Silva kick some 0-1-1 fighters face off. Oh wait no they wouldn't that is the reason people don't watch boxing. We had to wait five years to get Manny vs Floyd and how did that turn out?

They hype the prospects. They rush the prospects. The prospects get smoked.

There is ZERO forward thinking in the UFC. It's all about living for today, and taking what you can.

Come on... The UFC completely sucks at bringing fighters along.

Bring them along slowly. You can still hype but you're likely guaranteed a better overall result than if you just keep upping the competition at unreal levels.

Rose... TUF Rose... She has baggage that is not her fault... but it's there. Esparza beat her without batting an eyelash. Joanna obliterated Esparza stuffing 16/17 takedown attempts.

Did people really believe that Rose would beat Joanna ? In a post the other day I said in all seriousness that ...

Joanna would take out Rose, and Michelle even in an elimination Tag team. ...

If I had been on the ball... I would have added PVZ.

But the UFC is forever in search of the money. I have no say in the matter. But I know what's right.

Bring them along more slowly. We will get much more even fights on the tail end.
Who's developed more stars in the last 10 years the UFC or boxing? I'll help you it's the UFC.

Its great to see the best fight the best. But sometimes i just want to see my favorite fighter woop someones ass. Of course the main event should always be a great fight tho. I think ufc does it pretty good. A lot better than boxing has. Usually we get the tuff matchup unless an injury in training occurs then we get a jobber replacement. Maybe im being to harsh on the replacements but you get it right. Oh yeah comming of an injury you should get a tune up fight. To gain confidence on your recovery
If you want to see the most popular guy win go back to WWE.

Who's developed more stars in the last 10 years the UFC or boxing? I'll help you it's the UFC.

Oh...

You mean by raping other organizations ?

You picked the wrong tree to piss up against, son.

Grow up and wisen the fuck up.

Oh...

Yeah boxing's business practices have always been straight forward. One of the 1,654,756 different boxing federations would never try to fuck over another one. Also I piss on trees not up them and don't call me son I've seen and been through shit That would make you show that inner bitch we know is there. Now go grab some bench little fella untill I tell you that you can get up.

Oh...

You piss up trees don't you get piss all over yourself?

no, tune up fights are just another name for mismatches..... shit like that is bad for the sport

OK you have confirmed that you are a moron. Klitschko could walk around time square with a sign that says im Wladimir Klitschko and nobody would give a shit. Where as a guy like Cowboy Cerrone who's never been a champion would be recognized for sure. And who are these tens of millions of people watching? They aren't American I know that. I think like seventeen people in a bar in Russia watched the Fury fight.

Who gives a shit about time square? Americans follow weird sports. The rest of the world knows Klitschko better.

What? I don't care about time square I just used it as a reference for a place with a lot of people that wouldn't know him from Adam . What weird sports do Americans follow? And the rest of the world knows he's better than who because a mid level MMA fighter would choke him out real quick. Being the best HW boxer these days is like being the toughest kid in school about 50 people give a shit.

I don't think it's that crazy. I don't really like it, but there are times it could be used well.

I wouldn't mind if champions fought less personally, and waited for undisputed #1 contenders.

What? I don't care about time square I just used it as a reference for a place with a lot of people that wouldn't know him from Adam . What weird sports do Americans follow? And the rest of the world knows he's better than who because a mid level MMA fighter would choke him out real quick. Being the best HW boxer these days is like being the toughest kid in school about 50 people give a shit.

Except that he made way more money than any MMA fighter, is a household name in Europe, fills the stadiums and is watched by many more people live than anyone in the UFC could ever dream of. HW boxing division has a deeper talent pool than any division in MMA where most fighters come from either USA or Brazil. Boxing is global and if boxing HW division would be so easy then those MMA fighters would have gone there instead and earn millions like Wilder, Joshua, Fury, Povetkin... All of them making more money than anyone in the UFC

Except that he made way more money than any MMA fighter, is a household name in Europe, fills the stadiums and is watched by many more people live than anyone in the UFC could ever dream of. HW boxing division has a deeper talent pool than any division in MMA where most fighters come from either USA or Brazil. Boxing is global and if boxing HW division would be so easy then those MMA fighters would have gone there instead and earn millions like Wilder, Joshua, Fury, Povetkin... All of them making more money than anyone in the UFC
And yet nobody could pick one of those guys out of a lineup. Look bro boxing is dead I didn't kill it the promoters killed it. Also im am so tired of hearing the money argument all you talk about is the top guys. How much does the guy on the 4th undercard fight make? Not shit thats how much half of them can't even fed their family with the money from being a mid level boxer.

If you want to see the most popular guy win go back to WWE.
Or you should stick to tournament format shows. But anyway. Like i said. Tune up fights are usefull. Comming off an injury they help you gain conidence in your recovery. And theyre against someone you should defeat. They shouldnt be main events.

That's a nice idea and everything but people ain't paying to watch marquee fighters taking on bums . Theres a reason boxing is slipping and it could very well be That.
I agree they could build the younger fighters up and bring them on right but it just wouldn't work with the more well known guys .

Back