There should be a "super 8" UFC MW tournament after Hendo vs Bisping

This probably won't ever happen, especially 8 man. But if it were to have any chance at all of happening, it would have to be because Hendo won the belt and then retired, leaving it vacant.

Keep it a Super Six like the one Boxing had...

Rockhold - Anderson
Weidman - Jacare
Bisping - Romero

Aternates:
Kennedy - Whittaker
Vitor - Mousasi

Wildcard:
Sonnen

Why? Jacare is the clear contender you stupid fuck.
He has a 1 fight win streak, settle down

Rockhold vs romero

Weidman vs jacare

Winners in this order get a shot

Romero
Jacare
Rockhold
Weidman

The super 6 also took over two years to crown a winner.

Strikeforce's tournament was a mess with false starts and the champion getting cut after the first round of the tournament.

Too many variables at play for a tournament this big. Pick 4 guys, winners fight for the belt.

The Strikeforce HW Grand Prix was great, until the Zuffa got involved and decided to torpedo it.

But yeah, a 4-man tournament would be good too...

Weidman - Jacare
Rockhold - Romero

Alt:
Bisping
VItor - Mousasi

Why? It will be an average title defense. Why should Bisping have to enter a tournament to earn a belt he already has?

I'm all for a tournamebt. It won't happen but I like it. However I think your proposal of 2 groups of 4 fighters fighting eachother on a round Robin type setting similar to soccer tournaments just doesn't work for mma. That's too long and the probability for injury goes up. Mma is just too physical of a sport for that kind of setting. Similar to why American football playoffs are not played as a series like baseball, basketball, hockey and so on. A straight up 8 man bracket tourney with 4 alternates as back up is the best way to go.

good idea but id rather have a bracket style tournament, more clarity that way, and the other way would take waaaay too long, this way would take about ten months, a year tops, and thats giving solid time between fights for camps and healing up

Why? It will be an average title defense. Why should Bisping have to enter a tournament to earn a belt he already has?

Because he doesn't make any terms. He needs to do what he's told.

well it could very well be that old man Hendo starches Bisping again and then retires immediately which would pave the way perfectly for a tournament to ensue, should that happen((it would be great)) but I have Jacare winning via death roll and subsequent drowning everyone in his gator tears

The Strikeforce HW Grand Prix was great, until the Zuffa got involved and decided to torpedo it.

But yeah, a 4-man tournament would be good too...

Weidman - Jacare
Rockhold - Romero

Alt:
Bisping
VItor - Mousasi

How do you have the champ as an alternate in a tournament to see who is #1? He's already #1.

Give it up with this shit already you Pride huggers.

It's not fucking happening. Let it go.

Bowling%20Cant%20Let%20Go.gif
New ownership there chief, no one knows how it will play out, if you think you do you're a fucking tard. I think it's a grand idea

it doesnt matter you goofs!!! whoever has the title is really just keeping it warm for Sonnen

Funny to see idiots who have no idea what they're talking about saying "OMG NO PRIDE IS DEAD LET IT GO" try read you idiots; it's not a PRIDE one night tournament.

It's actually a great idea, legitimised Ward and could do the same with one of the current Middleweight contenders.

Give it up with this shit already you Pride huggers.

It's not fucking happening. Let it go.

Bowling%20Cant%20Let%20Go.gif

Don't agree with your comment cuz you clearly didn't read the OP, but the gif is spec-fucking-tacular!!!! Hahahaha

Hendo retires with the MW Title.

Bisping would be coming off a loss.

Oh I see what you're getting at. So are Rockhold and Wiedman. If that situation does occur, just make Jacare Vs Romero. They're already legitimately the next 2 in line.

Write everyone in the middleweight divisions name on a ball and let the lottery decide it
CED61m.gif

Back