There NEEDS To Be Stricter Consequences For Grabbing The Fence

I'm not against DQs for multiple fence grabs, but the same needs to be done for the "wall and stall" technique. If the cage can't be used to prevent TDs, it also shouldn't be used to aid TDs. Even pushing a guy up against the cage and dirty boxing him should be banned if this is the case, because you're using the cage to keep him from escaping. And what about moves like the Showtime kick?

Either the cage can be used as part of the fight, or it can't. There shouldn't be some uses of the cage permitted, while others are banned.

I suggest you read and try to comprehend before responding. I did not suggest such thing at all. Just for the fun of it, what would you say about the yellow card for inactivity?
Oh and you are not LITTLE biased.

Whether or not I am biased, I still supported my stance with examples. You haven't done any of that. And, your English sucks.

This is what should happen to people who grab the cage.\

a2vqrl.gif

Whether or not I am biased, I still supported my stance with examples. You haven't done any of that. And, your English sucks.

Supported your stance with examples? That fence grabbing exists? Good for you.
Being biased as you are doesn't make you especially credible, but that went over your head I guess. So do you understand what I just wrote or are you still having problem with reading comprehension?

Supported your stance with examples? That fence grabbing exists? Good for you.
Being biased as you are doesn't make you especially credible, but that went over your head I guess. So do you understand what I just wrote or are you still having problem with reading comprehension?

So my bias takes away all credibility? Even though I supported with actual examples from fights (unlike you). Because most people in this thread seem to agree with me, and they aren't wrestling fans like me. Someone had to say it. YOU are the one who needs a reading comprehension and English lesson buddy. Just read through your past posts.

So my bias takes away all credibility? Even though I supported with actual examples from fights (unlike you). Because most people in this thread seem to agree with me, and they aren't wrestling fans like me. Someone had to say it. YOU are the one who needs a reading comprehension and English lesson buddy. Just read through your past posts.

Don't know why I even botter responding when you painfully not getting it. Well I make a last attempt. Well first of all credibility usually contains two key components: trustworthiness and expertise. Guess which one you are not having when you are biased. I would be glad if you could in any way prove that the people agreeing with are not wrestling fans. Did you do a poll just recently? Finally the funny thing is that I wasn't even arguing with you if it should be penalized or not. I was merely asking you what you thought about the favorable rules for wrestlers. So I was obviously provoking you and you went very defensively. Lets say the fence grabbing would be legal it would not make it K-1, a CHILD responds like that. The sport you are watching is not catch wrestling and it's not kickboxing. It's MMA, get it?

Here's how they should do it:

First time, the ref. give the fighter a warning.

Second time, he gives him a warning like: "Don't grab the fence again or I'll punch you in the face."

Third time, the ref. just full on cold-***** him in the face, as hard as he can.

1st time warning

2nd time point deduction and restart them on the ground where the fence grabbing occurred.

I like it the way it is personally. Warn till it becomes a problem, then start deducting points.

When a fighters "grabs" the fence
A nice low volt electric shock may do the trick to prevent this sort of thing happening

You couldn't come off as more of a jerk here, just because people disagree with you does not mean you can act like your better.

The funny thing about you saying this thread is full of stupid people is that you say someone grabbing the fence cannot be accidental, that is the stupidest thing I read in this 12 page thread. You apparently have spent no time anywhere near any kind of martial art, hell if you had even been picked up against your will before you would understand the human body has reactions that happen with very little consent from the mind. Notice most of these grabs happen when people get lifted? Thats because it is a natural human reaction, if you do not like it maybe there should be a cloth material in place of the fence, one that could not be grabbed and had the same give as the fence.

This is hardly the worst problem in MMA today, the judges are far more scary.

This is not to say all fence grabbing is accidental, since so many people in these forums see everything in black and white

I wouldn't mind it being a point deduction without warning. It really can change the outcome of a fight.

I was disgusted with how many times JDS grabbed the fence. That was some bullshit. Can't believe how many times he got away with it. I'm glad he still lost but he shouldn't have been allowed to do it.

How about something similar to a screen door lining the cage on the inside? That could obstruct the view a bit though, so maybe something like plexiglass tightly attached to the outside of the cage, enough that it'd be impossible to grab onto.

Anyway, here's my opinion on repercussions; If a fighter grabs the fence while there's little or no benefit ("accidentally"), I think they should get a one-time only warning and no more, then start deducting.

On the other hand, if a fighter blatantly grabs the fence in defense against something such as a potentially fight-ending/changing takedown then an immediate point deduction, a few seconds added to the clock, and a restart in a similar position.

Instant replay is something MMA really needs to start utilizing more; give each judge a monitor so they could at least review their scores on close decisions, and using the big screen so the refs could quickly watch the foul in question before making a decision (lookin' at you Mario). With a proper setup it would take no more than 30 seconds to display the video and have the ref (and everyone else) watch it again, and considering fighters are allowed much more time for a nutshot or eye-poke then I think 30 seconds is fair enough.

Back