There is no way you can watch Jones' last 3 fights and conclude hes the GOAT

Before Jones, LHW was the most competitive. This is fact
before Jones yes, but it was already getting washed. LHW was the best during the chuck era. Jones just took on Pride left overs, they were all completely washed ... lol at thinking that Jones beat prime rampage and evans ...

you can go back with any fucking fighter in history and look at his opponents and make arguments for them being cans, and it is always done too, especially here on Sherdog

I am sure Jones was gassed to the gills, but I also assume most of the guys he went against were on the same stuff.

Yeah but the gap between Jones and the field has dramatically narrowed without PEDs. So either they weren't using the same stuff or Jones responds better to it. Not everyone responds to steroids the same way.

If you thought he was the GOAT before those fights I'd struggle to understand why you wouldn't still think so

The guy for whatever reason clearly isn't at the level he used to be, but he's still winning fights (2 of them at least..) where as other GOAT contenders like Silva and Fedor dropped off really quick

Yeah, Jones definitely wouldnt have gotten past Rampage and Machida without steroids. Hell, he might not even have got past Shogun without them.

Jones is 32 and spent 3.5 years on the sidelines.

Please stop with the hes old and slower excuses.

The truth is without steroids hes unimpressive. A play it safe fighter who runs like a bitch the whole fight and cant do damage to his opponents.
Doesnt matter

Hes 32 and been fighting for over a decade

Steroids have nothing to do with anything. He looks exactly the same physically as he always has

Theres zero difference

But hes just slowing down. He even looks much older. His reactions are slower.

Thats not steroids dude, that is age.

Hes been fighting for like 12 years

Jones has been boring for a while. Roids make a huge difference, anyone who has worked out with and without them would tell you that (including myself).

Jones has been boring for a while. Roids make a huge difference, anyone who has worked out with and without them would tell you that (including myself).
That's why I believe that it's basically impossible to reach the top level of any serious sport without steroids.

Khabib more impressive.

Anderson was more impressive too IMO.

I'd say GSP was more impressive as well.

Khabib didn’t even beat someone in the Top 10 to win the the belt.

How many losses did Anderson have before he came to the UFC?

You guys are too much!! Jon won the belt in 2011. He’s unquestionably the greatest fighter that ever lived. If you can’t see that, then I don’t know what to tell you. The lack of respect(skills) that he receives on here is ridiculous.

Reyes fought a great fight. He came out strong... but many of his shots didn’t have that much on them. + Jon was the aggressor for much of the fight. And Jon took the Championship rounds aka winning time.

Doesnt matter

Hes 32 and been fighting for over a decade

Steroids have nothing to do with anything. He looks exactly the same physically as he always has

Theres zero difference

But hes just slowing down. He even looks much older. His reactions are slower.

Thats not steroids dude, that is age.

Hes been fighting for like 12 years

Yea same can be said about Vitor right?

It's not steroids its age... right?

You see how dumb that sounds?

If steroids didnt help Jones wouldnt be caught using them 3 different times.

Khabib didn’t even beat someone in the Top 10 to win the the belt.

How many losses did Anderson have before he came to the UFC?

You guys are too much!! Jon won the belt in 2011. He’s unquestionably the greatest fighter that ever lived. If you can’t see that, then I don’t know what to tell you. The lack of respect(skills) that he receives on here is ridiculous.

Reyes fought a great fight. He came out strong... but many of his shots didn’t have that much on them. + Jon was the aggressor for much of the fight. And Jon took the Championship rounds aka winning time.

I don't know maybe the roids is what makes him questionable.. I mean evidently he didn't even think he was good enough to fight with out them...

Tibau, RDA, Barboza at the time was a good win streak many though he would be a nightmare match up for khabib, conor, Poirier who had a better resume than tony and khabib at the time ...

Well shit I guess Jones just has to fall back on

Rampage
Rashad
Shogun
Vitor
Sonnen
DC Twice
Gus Twice

Oh well..

Yeh he lost the last two fights. One to a guy with his legs literally not attached haha

smith I think he beat barely just cuz smith was so passive

They need to just make roids legal. Then everybody else can be juiced up too and we’ll get some awesome fights.

What makes you think hes off anything? Realistically he can afford any designer undetectable shit he wants

His body looks exactly the same

Hes just as ripped as ever

Wheres the difference?

I see an older, calculated, slower and more methodical Jones.

I see all the signs of an aging fighter who is on the tail end of his physical prime.

Its been said fighters only have a few years of their physical / athletic prime.

Logic says that Jones, having fought for 12+ years, probably isnt going to be able to keep it up forever.

Discounting his age and fight years is just naive

Well shit I guess Jones just has to fall back on

Rampage
Rashad
Shogun
Vitor
Sonnen
DC Twice
Gus Twice

Oh well..
Most of them were washed pride fighters, you know it.

The other are MW ( sonnen, vitor etc ), lol imagine Khabib beating on aldo , what an accomplishment !

Gus is arguably the most overrated fighter of the year 2010s, best win being teixeira, he was fucked by anthony smith btw ...

DC is a great win, but he was on the juice, so even that ...

It's pretty undeniable at this point. He is the undisputed GOAT and he's proved it.

The record doesn't lie. You can bitch if it makes you feel better but it doesn't change history and records

What makes you think hes off anything? Realistically he can afford any designer undetectable shit he wants

His body looks exactly the same

Hes just as ripped as ever

Wheres the difference?

I see an older, calculated, slower and more methodical Jones.

I see all the signs of an aging fighter who is on the tail end of his physical prime.

Its been said fighters only have a few years of their physical / athletic prime.

Logic says that Jones, having fought for 12+ years, probably isnt going to be able to keep it up forever.

Discounting his age and fight years is just naive

His reputation is on the line. He doenst want to damage his legacy by getting caught a 4th time so hes making an effort to fight without the sauce. Like I said..would you say Vitor Belfort slowed down only because of age? Would you say steroids didnt help him? Lol

Using Vitor in any analogy is just straight up retarded.

In 99% of other instances in combat sports going back generations, there are no fighters whove been fighting 12+ years who dont start slowing down a bit. Steroids or not

Back