There is no way you can watch Jones' last 3 fights and conclude hes the GOAT

Khabib more impressive.

Anderson was more impressive too IMO.

I'd say GSP was more impressive as well.

Khabib LOL.. Tell me Fedor or GSP.. But Khabib Stop it.. He has really ZERO Good wins. Who did he beat Conor?

No all of Sherdog says Conor sucks.

The dudes been a killer for a decade and on top for 8 years or some shit.
A couple of lackluster performances recently dont automatically erase everything he has achieved. He is regarded as the goat for his career as a whole

5'8" 250 pound HW Latifi would beat the piss and dogshit out of both Reyes and Jones last night.

There is no way you can watch Jones' last 3 fights and conclude hes the GOAT

I'm not just judging him by his last 3 fights when he's had a whole career in front of those last 3 fights which he was declared winner...

You all need to let go of all this bitterness it's destroying you all from the inside...

The Jon Jones geeks in this thread are pathetic chumps lol

Cant accept the fact that without steroids Jones is simply UNIMPRESSIVE.

insecure pussies lol

I dislike Jones as much as anyone. His entire career should be one big no contest.

However, you can pretty much say that about Muhammed Ali, Fedor, or any of the goats.
Rewatch Ali’s fights with a jaded and suspicious eye.

Caution: this could cause painful feelings of disillusionment.

Its simply impossible to watch his last 3 fights and conclude that hes the greatest fighter to ever live.

The reality is that steroids make a huge difference. There is a reason for why Jones is unable to power through his shots like he used to. Why he isn't as fierce in the clinch. Why his intensity in general is nothing it like it used to be.

We are in a new era of Jon Jones where he isnt nearly as dominant as he once was. He plays it safe and controls the center of the Octagon and shows great endurance late in the fight and is good at stealing rounds but he isnt nearly as deadly and dangerous as he used to be and truthfully hes just not that impressive.

This is what we will be seeing from him for the rest of his career which is OK I guess and still somewhat impressive on some scale but its not GOAT like. I dont see the same level of dominance. No way in hell tonight's Jones finishes DC the way he did late in the fight with a high kick without the gear.

Reyes, Santos and Smith are good fighters but they arent better fighters than DC, young Rampage, Prime Glover or prime Rashad and Jones of today wouldnt have dominated DC, Rampage and Glover like he did when he was juiced up like a Christmas ham.

The conclusion is even without steroids Jones is still pretty good but hes not putting on GOAT like performances. Instead hes actually quite boring and competitive with guys he would have probably ran through when he was still on steroids..

We are now seeing what Jones would have really looked like without steroids. Good but GOAT??? Na son.

Jones last finish was against Gus who mentally quit the sport and got submitted by Anthony Smith in his very next fight AND Jones was pulsing in that fight and the event had to be moved to LA last minute because Nevada refused to sanction a fighter with steroids in his system.

Jones last 3 fights with no steroids: 3 boring decisions where he didnt look dangerous at all. Completely unimpressive. That's steroids for you...
I agree with everything, except the last statement, Jones last fight wasn't boring. But he lost the fight.

How many top 5 wins has Jones got? What the fuck has suspensions got to do with anything?
top 5 in the poorest division, where MW jobbers can have TS in a heartbeat, is not like a top 5 in the LW division, where fighters on 7 fights win streak are not even in the top 10 ...

I agree with everything, except the last statement, Jones last fight wasn't boring. But he lost the fight.

The Reyes fight was boring as hell. Anything exciting came from Reyes. Jones ran like a bitch the whole fight and never hurt Reyes once or did anything impressive once.

The Reyes fight was boring as hell. Anything exciting came from Reyes. Jones ran like a bitch the whole fight and never hurt Reyes once or did anything impressive once.
I agree, but it still was an entertaining fight, thanks to reyes.

Its simply impossible to watch his last 3 fights and conclude that hes the greatest fighter to ever live.

The reality is that steroids make a huge difference. There is a reason for why Jones is unable to power through his shots like he used to. Why he isn't as fierce in the clinch. Why his intensity in general is nothing it like it used to be.

We are in a new era of Jon Jones where he isnt nearly as dominant as he once was. He plays it safe and controls the center of the Octagon and shows great endurance late in the fight and is good at stealing rounds but he isnt nearly as deadly and dangerous as he used to be and truthfully hes just not that impressive.

This is what we will be seeing from him for the rest of his career which is OK I guess and still somewhat impressive on some scale but its not GOAT like. I dont see the same level of dominance. No way in hell tonight's Jones finishes DC the way he did late in the fight with a high kick without the gear.

Reyes, Santos and Smith are good fighters but they arent better fighters than DC, young Rampage, Prime Glover or prime Rashad and Jones of today wouldnt have dominated DC, Rampage and Glover like he did when he was juiced up like a Christmas ham.

The conclusion is even without steroids Jones is still pretty good but hes not putting on GOAT like performances. Instead hes actually quite boring and competitive with guys he would have probably ran through when he was still on steroids..

We are now seeing what Jones would have really looked like without steroids. Good but GOAT??? Na son.

Jones last finish was against Gus who mentally quit the sport and got submitted by Anthony Smith in his very next fight AND Jones was pulsing in that fight and the event had to be moved to LA last minute because Nevada refused to sanction a fighter with steroids in his system.

Jones last 3 fights with no steroids: 3 boring decisions where he didnt look dangerous at all. Completely unimpressive. That's steroids for you...
Jones is also older my man

Hes been fighting for over a decade

He has been slowing down and i dont think it has anything to do with peds. Hes just an older man, hes slower.

Theres no reason why he couldnt also continue to juice under usada either. Especially with a proper chemist.

What were seeing here is Jones slowing down, his mind is still there, his experience is still there, but his body is not reciprocating as well as it once did..

There is no way you can watch Fedor's last 3 fights and conclude hes the GOAT

There is no way you can watch Silva’s last 3 fights and conclude hes the GOAT

There is no way you can watch GSP's last 3 fights and conclude hes the GOAT

There is no way you can watch Aldo's last 3 fights and conclude hes the GOAT

l@nd0
wrong for GSP ...

Jones is also older my man

Hes been fighting for over a decade

He has been slowing down and i dont think it has anything to do with peds. Hes just an older man, hes slower.

Theres no reason why he couldnt also continue to juice under usada either. Especially with a proper chemist.

What were seeing here is Jones slowing down, his mind is still there, his experience is still there, but his body is not reciprocating as well as it once did..

Jones is 32 and spent 3.5 years on the sidelines.

Please stop with the hes old and slower excuses.

The truth is without steroids hes unimpressive. A play it safe fighter who runs like a bitch the whole fight and cant do damage to his opponents.

Khabib LOL.. Tell me Fedor or GSP.. But Khabib Stop it.. He has really ZERO Good wins. Who did he beat Conor?

No all of Sherdog says Conor sucks.
Tibau, RDA, Barboza at the time was a good win streak many though he would be a nightmare match up for khabib, conor, Poirier who had a better resume than tony and khabib at the time ...

top 5 in the poorest division, where MW jobbers can have TS in a heartbeat, is not like a top 5 in the LW division, where fighters on 7 fights win streak are not even in the top 10 ...
Before Jones, LHW was the most competitive. This is fact

..but you can watch his last decade. Idk if Jones is the GOAT but he is definitely up there.

Back