There is no way you can watch Jones' last 3 fights and conclude hes the GOAT

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its simply impossible to watch his last 3 fights and conclude that hes the greatest fighter to ever live.

The reality is that steroids make a huge difference. There is a reason for why Jones is unable to power through his shots like he used to. Why he isn't as fierce in the clinch. Why his intensity in general is nothing it like it used to be.

We are in a new era of Jon Jones where he isnt nearly as dominant as he once was. He plays it safe and controls the center of the Octagon and shows great endurance late in the fight and is good at stealing rounds but he isnt nearly as deadly and dangerous as he used to be and truthfully hes just not that impressive.

This is what we will be seeing from him for the rest of his career which is OK I guess and still somewhat impressive on some scale but its not GOAT like. I dont see the same level of dominance. No way in hell would tonight's Jones finish DC the way he did late in the fight with a high kick without the gear.

Reyes, Santos and Smith are good fighters but they arent better fighters than DC, young Rampage, Prime Glover or prime Rashad and Jones of today wouldnt have dominated DC, Rampage and Glover like he did when he was juiced up like a Christmas ham.

The conclusion is even without steroids Jones is still pretty good but hes not putting on GOAT like performances. Instead hes actually quite boring and competitive with guys he would have probably ran through when he was still on steroids..

We are now seeing what Jones would have really looked like without steroids. Good but GOAT??? Na son.

Jones last finish was against Gus who mentally quit the sport and got submitted by Anthony Smith in his very next fight AND Jones was pulsing in that fight and the event had to be moved to LA last minute because Nevada refused to sanction a fighter with steroids in his system.

Jones last 3 fights with no steroids: 3 boring decisions where he didnt look dangerous at all. Completely unimpressive. That's steroids for you...

Last edited:
I dislike Jones as much as anyone. His entire career should be one big no contest.

However, you can pretty much say that about Muhammed Ali, Fedor, or any of the goats.

Khabib doesn’t have half the accolades of Jones hahahahaha

GSP,Fedor and all the other “GOATS” had horrible fights aswell.
He has the best record in the sport

However, you can pretty much say that about Muhammed Ali, Fedor, or any of the goats.

Fedor was way more impressive than Jones. The intensity and ferocity was on another level. Juiced up Jones would have a chance against Fedor but current Jones would get killed by a prime Fedor. It woudlnt even be close.

I am sure Jones was gassed to the gills, but I also assume most of the guys he went against were on the same stuff.

Juiced up Jones would have a chance against Fedor but current Jones would get killed by a prime Fedor. It woudlnt even be close
True...but we're talking about the last 3 fights here. Fedor has no chin anymore and that's just a start.

GSP,Fedor and all the other “GOATS” had horrible fights aswell.
He has the best record in the sport

It's not about having horrible fights. Jones hasn't even looked slightly dangerous or impressive in his last 3 fights.

The last time Jones got a finish was against old ass mentally weak Gus who got choked out by Anthony Smith in his next fight and even then Jones had steroids in his system in that fight which is why they had to move the event to LA last minute because Nevada wouldnt sanction it.

In fights with no steroid Jones hasn't looked the least bit dangerous and unimpressive. 3 boring 5 round decisions in a row...

What I do feel confident saying about Jones after the last three fights:

[1] The performances have all been mediocre. His offensive potency has simply withered and evaporated. Jones is clearly either past his prime, or was a PED product to begin with.

[2] I scored Jones as losing both the Santos and Reyes fights. So he is 1-2.

[3] Irrespective of whether he should be classed as the all-time P4P GOAT, his last three performances [i.e. his most recent body of work] have been so technically poor that there is no way on earth Jones should still be thought of as a current P4P great. There are *lots* of fighters who have looked technically better, against superior opposition, than Jones has of late. He doesn't belong anywhere near the top of the rankings.

Fedor was way more impressive than Jones. The intensity and ferocity was on another level. Juiced up Jones would have a chance against Fedor but current Jones would get killed by a prime Fedor. It woudlnt even be close.

Agreed. I also think prime Cormier would defeat this Jones, particularly at HW where he packed more KO power.

I thought more than ever Jones lost that one

But whatever

You realize Jon Jones is in the UFC for 10 years already?
that said King Fedor is the GOAT.

Back