There is no way Garbrandt beats Cruz

Can someone explain to me how garbrandt wins this fight. Cause i dont know how.

knockout

Catch Cruz circling off the cage
ExhaustedLongLabradorretriever.gif

Catch Cruz coming in
cruz-slide-step-measures-into-body-shot.gif

Bum rush him
SplendidSecondaryCod.gif

I'll go with Cruz but weidman was 10-0 with no impressive wins then he shocked the mma world
Inb4 revisionist history

I am actually waiting to bet someone who is a neck tats nut hugger. Dom is going to school him.
Dom will school him and rule him......cause Cody can't fool him........I look for a 3d round RNC.....Dom will DOMinate.....

I just don't see it happening. Cody has not faced even close to the level of competition. All his round 1 wins are against really low ranked guys... Cruz has been in multiple title fights against the best in the world for years and is finally healthy.

How does Cody even get close to Cruz with one of those bombs? Just don't see it happening. He also doesn't have skills enough in the wrestling or BJJ departments to give Cruz any trouble whatsoever...

I looked at Cody's history. I did a bit of research to find out why this is an interesting matchup... It's not. Cody's record is painfully unimpressive (Takeya Mizugaki is no joke though even with his run of bad luck lately). Takeya is Garbrandt's best win. Styles make fights and there is absolutely nothing in Cody's style that can threaten Cruz nor does he have even close to the professional experience (or championship level experience for that matter).

Cruz destroys him in a five round UD and Cody goes on to say Cruz "ran" or thanks him for "making me better and I'll come back stronger than ever"

#AndStill
Dominick-Cruz.jpg

I'm gonna bump this when Cody get's his reality check. Wasn't hating on his neck tats and shit but that last interview made me wonder where his confidence comes from. He shouldn't have any in this match up.
The guy has power, but i agree with you in that it shouldn't be a threatening fight. There is a trend in combat sports, particularly in MMA, where fighters talk a lot of smack and paired with the marketing machine makes them seem like true contenders. There is a business purpose there. Cody has a puncher's chance lol.

Perry was also 9-0 until a mid-tier journeyman (<3 you Alan) made him look like a complete amateur. Cody is very similar to Perry and Cruz will embarrass him.

The Decisionater will probably get the nod but nothing would make me happier than Garbrandt taking it to him - Cody absolutely has a chance.

Do NOT compare Perry to Garbrandt unless you're just talking knockouts and power - give me a break!! Cody has much more experience, much better technique, a much higher pedigree and comes from a much better camp.

Second gif Cruz walks right into the pocket

Dont even have to chase him

Against Faber, who's not known for his KO power.

Garbrandt can absolutely take Cruz out, but Dom is no fool, he knows that. This fight is probably gonna happen mostly on the ground.

Prediction: he stays outside waiting for the opportunity to take Cody down. Wins 4 rounds and gets the nod.

Against Faber, who's not known for his KO power.

Garbrandt can absolutely take Cruz out, but Dom is no fool, he knows that. This fight is probably gonna happen mostly on the ground.

Prediction: he stays outside waiting for the opportunity to take Cody down. Wins 4 rounds and gets the nod.

Dom is cocky enough to stand with Garbrandt. Plus Cody has been training wrestling with Faber and Mendes. I'm not worried about the wrestling aspect

He has a better chance of beating Cruz than Serra did against GSP. Cody lacks the technique and experience of Cruz, and that will become more apparent as each round passes, but Cruz is not likely to finish him, giving Cody 5 rounds to find a finish. Cody hits hard and is aggressive/impatient, so he could KO/TKO him quite possibly within the first 2 rounds.

Still, Cruz by decision is the more likely outcome.

Did you just "I know you are but what am I?" me?

Your third grade classmates must bully you relentlessly.
You're the one who posted the retard pic after you couldnt answer the question, dummy

Vegas opened cruz up a modest -210 favorite which tells me that Cody has a real chance next week

I think Cody outworks Cruz the entire fight

Finishes him late

I get the impression that people on sherdog think Cody has a pea sized gas tank

Cruz is actually the one who has been slowing down in the later rounds. Did in in the Faber Trilogy fight and against Dillashaw

Back