There is no way Garbrandt beats Cruz

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I just don't see it happening. Cody has not faced even close to the level of competition. All his round 1 wins are against really low ranked guys... Cruz has been in multiple title fights against the best in the world for years and is finally healthy.

How does Cody even get close to Cruz with one of those bombs? Just don't see it happening. He also doesn't have skills enough in the wrestling or BJJ departments to give Cruz any trouble whatsoever...

I looked at Cody's history. I did a bit of research to find out why this is an interesting matchup... It's not. Cody's record is painfully unimpressive (Takeya Mizugaki is no joke though even with his run of bad luck lately). Takeya is Garbrandt's best win. Styles make fights and there is absolutely nothing in Cody's style that can threaten Cruz nor does he have even close to the professional experience (or championship level experience for that matter).

Cruz destroys him in a five round UD and Cody goes on to say Cruz "ran" or thanks him for "making me better and I'll come back stronger than ever"

#AndStill
Dominick-Cruz.jpg

I'm gonna bump this when Cody get's his reality check. Wasn't hating on his neck tats and shit but that last interview made me wonder where his confidence comes from. He shouldn't have any in this match up.

Cody has great power and he's tall for the division, not sure what his reach is, but Dom is used to fighting guys he has a height advantage over. 5'4 Faber, 5'6 Dillashaw, 5'4 Benavidez, 5'2 Mighty Mouse, etc.

Cruz is the rightful favorite but there's a reason Garbrandt is only a +180 underdog in Vegas right now, he absoulutely has a chance to win this fight

I have a hard time seeing Cody win too. Just don't see him being able to land solidly on Cruz and don't see any other way he could get it done.

Cody has great power and he's tall for the division, not sure what his reach is, but Dom is used to fighting guys he has a height advantage over. 5'4 Faber, 5'6 Dillashaw, 5'4 Benavidez, 5'2 Mighty Mouse, etc.

Cruz is the rightful favorite but there's a reason Garbrandt is only a +180 underdog in Vegas right now, he absoulutely has a chance to win this fight

A punchers chance I suppose.

Cruz slips and falls on his rear, Cody dives onto him forearm-first and nails him right on the button.

One of many ways Garbrandt could beat Cruz. Improbably, but possible.

Cruz slips and falls on his rear, Cody dives onto him forearm-first and nails him right on the button.

One of many ways Garbrandt could beat Cruz. Improbably, but possible.

After this... I guess you're right

sonnen-strikes-out5.gif

Yes. The odds are stacked in Cruz's favor, but Cody has that "puncher's chance". IF <--- BIG IF ... IF he lands, Cruz will crumble. I give Cody a 1 in 5 chance.

no way . cody has zero chance. he is young, unbeaten 10-0 record almost all kos. just beat almeida who was 21-0. i can see dom being a favorite but he has to be very careful

no way . cody has zero chance. he is young, unbeaten 10-0 record almost all kos. just beat almeida who was 21-0. i can see dom being a favorite but he has to be very careful

Perry was also 9-0 until a mid-tier journeyman (<3 you Alan) made him look like a complete amateur. Cody is very similar to Perry and Cruz will embarrass him.

I am actually waiting to bet someone who is a neck tats nut hugger. Dom is going to school him.

First post nailed it perfectly.

No love gonna smoke Dom, no love via KO 2nd round

Cruz is arguably the best fighter on the planet right now. Cody has dynamite in those hands and can hurt Cruz bad. I wouldn't bet against Cruz at 135 though.

But maaaaan, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Cruz get stopped by strikes.

Can someone explain to me how garbrandt wins this fight. Cause i dont know how.

How does he win though

Can someone explain to me how garbrandt wins this fight. Cause i dont know how.
Faber dropped Cruz. Cody certainly has a chance. Slim, sure. But if you have no idea how Cody could win then you're dumb.

To say he has no chance when he literally only needs one punch is a little bit of a stretch I think. I do agree though this could turn into an embarrassing night for Cody if he gets impatient.

Back