There is no serious person.. who would suggest that you could even rig America's elections. - Obama

ehtheist

#FreeBanchan
Banned
Reaction score
"There is no serious person out there who would suggest that you could even rig America's elections." - Direct quote from Barry shortly before the election

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/18/trump-rigged-election-obama-warning-america-divided

I'm sure we all remember this. It was Obama's statement about Trump's "whining," paired with an admonishment that it was a sign of weakness on Trump's part with the suggestion being that he wasn't presidential material.

Fast forward to a month after the election and I see headlines all about Russia, hacking elections, etc, with gads of misinformation mixed in. Then this one pops up on my news feed:

"Obama says ‘we will’ retaliate against Russia for election hacking"

"“But that does not in any way, I think, detract from the basic point that everyone during the election perceived accurately — that in fact what the Russian hack had done was create more problems for the Clinton campaign than it had for the Trump campaign.”

The video - not the article - says, verbatim:

"The Obama administration had warned, for months, that Russian hackers had tried to interfere in U.S. elections"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...hacking/ar-AAlCY8m?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Go figure, it's the Washington Post.

I'm trying to get a handle on this here... Who is spouting the BS here? Was Obama in BS campaigning mode, telling half truths to plug the Democrat candidate when he said what was in the thread title? Is there some new definitive proof that Russians hacked the elections now, or is the headline of this article just clickbait BS? Did Obama actually say that we will retaliate against Russia - specifically, against Russia - in the last few days, or is this just some journalist interpreting it out of an otherwise unclear statement?

How do we reconcile Obama saying this:

"There is no serious person out there who would suggest that you could even rig America's elections."

With this:

"The Obama administration had warned, for months, that Russian hackers had tried to interfere in U.S. elections"

If this statement is actually true - it's not a quote from Obama, it's the WP video stating it outright.

Who's pulling the wool over our eyes? The WP? Obama? Those dastardly Russians? Does anyone have firm sources on:

A) Did Obama actually say we would retaliate for Russian hacking?
B) Has Russian hacking - especially Russian government hacking - been absolutely confirmed?
C) Was Obama essentially lying to plug Clinton and attack Trump with his "No serious person" comment?

The difference between the attempt, which needs to be addressed, and a successful attempt, which isn't in evidence.

The difference between the attempt, which needs to be addressed, and a successful attempt, which isn't in evidence.

Fair. What I'm wondering is, is this statement true?

This isn't Obama speaking, or a member of his administration - this is the jerkoffs at the Washington Post, so I daresay it's most likely a load of BS. Is it true though? Did the Obama administration give a serious warning about Russian hacking attempts? If not, then there is nothing going on here. If it is true, then... Well...

"There is no serious person out there who would suggest that you could even rig America's elections."

That is a direct Obama quote. Why bother warning about something that "no serious person" would even "suggest" could happen? If the first statement is true, this is why I think it's just Obama playing politics - he knew there was a potential threat, he knew it was real, and serious people who worked for him were warning it could happen. That being the case, him blasting Trump with his "no serious person" comment was pretty much an outright lie.

Ultimately, it boils down to nothing but "what happens on the campaign trail stays on the campaign trail" and Obama was essentially lying to the public about how small an issue potential Russian hacking was in order to plug Hillary. If so, it's kind of egg on his face now... But, he's on his way out, so it doesn't really matter. Of course, the Washington Post could be the ones who are outright lying here - hard to believe, I know - and the Obama administration wasn't warning about Russian hacking, they were blindsided by it.

So, did the Obama administration warn about Russian hacking or not?

Just for shits and giggles (sorry this is kind of side bar link) but now the U.S is blaming China for stealing an underwater drone.

Link Source : http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12/16/china-steals-us-underwater-drone-in-south-china-sea.html

We now have a three way circle jerk going on between us, Russia, and China. Shit is getting real, really quick.

Btw we are presently watching a Political Coup in action. The only next logically question is who will the military back. My bet is with the guy who has 3 popular generals in his cabinet.

I don't know, but isn't Washington post tied to intelligence agencies?

Also, aren't intelligence agencies know for lying and spreading misinformation.

Spain rigged their elections for like 50 years or some shit. Canovas devised a system where the two major political parties (libs and cons) would alternate. It was system that excluded any third party from getting power and held military coups in check. It was accomplished by utilizing electoral fraud. It was a different era and a different country but modern electoral fraud in developed countries is not far fetched and the US intelligence community is more adept at electoral fraud than any other community in modern times.

Last edited:
Just for shits and giggles (sorry this is kind of side bar link) but now the U.S is blaming China for stealing an underwater drone.

Link Source : http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12/16/china-steals-us-underwater-drone-in-south-china-sea.html

We now have a three way circle jerk going on between us, Russia, and China. Shit is getting real, really quick.

Btw we are presently watching a Political Coup in action. The only next logically question is who will the military back. My bet is with the guy who has 3 popular generals in his cabinet.

I hope you aren't hinting at civil war here. I'd say that's crazy talk to assume it would come to that as lazy and comfortable as most voters on both sides are in this country.

I could see if we were 2nd or 3rd world, but no way do I see it getting that bad atm

Then again, I didn't think Trump had a snowballs chance in hell at getting elected so..

Fair. What I'm wondering is, is this statement true?

This isn't Obama speaking, or a member of his administration - this is the jerkoffs at the Washington Post, so I daresay it's most likely a load of BS. Is it true though? Did the Obama administration give a serious warning about Russian hacking attempts? If not, then there is nothing going on here. If it is true, then... Well...

That is a direct Obama quote. Why bother warning about something that "no serious person" would even "suggest" could happen? If the first statement is true, this is why I think it's just Obama playing politics - he knew there was a potential threat, he knew it was real, and serious people who worked for him were warning it could happen. That being the case, him blasting Trump with his "no serious person" comment was pretty much an outright lie.

Ultimately, it boils down to nothing but "what happens on the campaign trail stays on the campaign trail" and Obama was essentially lying to the public about how small an issue potential Russian hacking was in order to plug Hillary. If so, it's kind of egg on his face now... But, he's on his way out, so it doesn't really matter. Of course, the Washington Post could be the ones who are outright lying here - hard to believe, I know - and the Obama administration wasn't warning about Russian hacking, they were blindsided by it.

So, did the Obama administration warn about Russian hacking or not?
Going by memory, somebody suggested it prior to the GE, whether it was Dems or Reps I don't recall, nor whether it was Russians themselves saying it.

"There is no serious person out there who would suggest that you could even rig America's elections." - Direct quote from Barry shortly before the election

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/18/trump-rigged-election-obama-warning-america-divided

I'm sure we all remember this. It was Obama's statement about Trump's "whining," paired with an admonishment that it was a sign of weakness on Trump's part with the suggestion being that he wasn't presidential material.

Fast forward to a month after the election and I see headlines all about Russia, hacking elections, etc, with gads of misinformation mixed in. Then this one pops up on my news feed:

"“But that does not in any way, I think, detract from the basic point that everyone during the election perceived accurately — that in fact what the Russian hack had done was create more problems for the Clinton campaign than it had for the Trump campaign.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-says-‘we-will’-retaliate-against-russia-for-election-hacking/ar-AAlCY8m?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

I'm trying to get a handle on this here... Who is spouting the BS here? Was Obama in BS campaigning mode, telling half truths to plug the Democrat candidate when he said what was in the thread title? Is there some new definitive proof that Russians hacked the elections now, or is the headline of this article just clickbait BS? Did Obama actually say that we will retaliate against Russia - specifically, against Russia - in the last few days, or is this just some journalist interpreting it out of an otherwise unclear statement?

With this:

If this statement is actually true - it's not a quote from Obama, it's the WP video stating it outright.

Who's pulling the wool over our eyes? The WP? Obama? Those dastardly Russians? Does anyone have firm sources on:

B) Has Russian hacking - especially Russian government hacking - been absolutely confirmed?
C) Was Obama essentially lying to plug Clinton and attack Trump with his "No serious person" comment?

TL;DR

Rig vs influence

Google it.

Direct evidence Obama is once again full of shit and a partisan hack. Sad. Of course the same jabronis will defend this arguing over semantics. We know what he meant, and we know damn well what he'd be saying if Hillary had won. Nothing about all the foreign nations endorsing her and all the millions she received from them.

"There is no serious person out there who would suggest that you could even believe a fraction of the news coverage of the elections." - Direct quote from Barry shortly before the election

*Fixed*

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-says-‘we-will’-retaliate-against-russia-for-election-hacking/ar-AAlCY8m?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

With this:

Rigging the election is not the same as hacking/influencing the election. No one has suggested that the voting machines were hacked and the election rigged. This thread is silly.

The Russians didn't rig the election. They manipulated the voting base. Which are 2 different things.

I would say Obama is tainting his legacy, but the loonie left won't care at all about this. They WANT him to do it for some reason.

The Russians didn't rig the election. They manipulated the voting base. Which are 2 different things.

By releasing factual information. And again, there isn't any available evidence that they did it. The people who released the hacks say they didn't get it from the Russians. The CIA has lied to the American people plenty of times, no real reason to trust them. They already politicized themselves before the election. Ruining their credibility on the issue.

For the nth time, rigging and what Russia is accused of doing are not the same.

I hope you aren't hinting at civil war here. I'd say that's crazy talk to assume it would come to that as lazy and comfortable as most voters on both sides are in this country.

I could see if we were 2nd or 3rd world, but no way do I see it getting that bad atm

Then again, I didn't think Trump had a snowballs chance in hell at getting elected so..
I highly doubt you'll see ordinary citizens out in the streets and fighting or even militias.....

But I don't doubt for a second that there is going to be very significant tear between the upper echelon of our political system that may require military generals to essentially pick a side (step in and intervene politically), if Obama, Clinton, the DNC, FBI, and CIA keep pushing this narrative. And no I'm not kidding either, because Obama is essentially implying he will not allow Trump to transition into presidency (which is the hugest violation of our constitution) because that means we now are a dictatorship and not a republic anymore.

Listen man, the rhetoric Obama is slinging at Russia right now is *just* one step below making a declaration for war and I say that with complete sobriety. He's going out on a national platform and publicly telling another sovereign nation he's going to do something against them. (And its not going to be handing them a fresh bouquet of flowers)

This stuff is very f*cking serious.

I would say Obama is tainting his legacy, but the loonie left won't care at all about this. They WANT him to do it for some reason.

I would say that a lot of War Room posters have been tainted by a vile corruption known as total brain retardation.

Why does this have to be said so often? It's not even close. So weird.

Back