There is no historical standing to any of these divisions anymore.

• Thread starter Significance Deficit
  • Start date
How is FW in tatters? The division had one serious contender when Conor left, not 5. That contender has been eliminated and a huge rematch with Aldo will likely be booked by this time next month.

was in tatters

Wonderboy is coming off a few wins over unproven guys,

What the fuck are you talking about?

Wonderboy is coming off three top ten wins, two of which were top 5 and had just fought for the belt. In fact most felt Johnny beat Lawler.

Diaz has zero top five WW wins in his entire career.

This thread is patently ridiculous.

Wonderboy is coming off three top ten wins, two of which were top 5 and had just fought for the belt. In fact most felt Johnny beat Lawler.

Diaz has zero top five WW wins in his entire career.

I already said Wonderboy is by far the most deserving contender on paper. You're arguing something I conceded in the OP.

My point was that the rankings you're talking about are meaningless. I'm open to hearing someone argue otherwise but you're showing a complete inability to grasp a basic point.

I'm not making specific accusations against individual fighters. I'm pointing out the reality that any fan would be a fool to ignore. Things are different right now than they were before USADA.

The idea that everyone is on something they shouldn't be on is full retard. Truly. Some guys are some guys aren't. For various reasons. Health concerns, availability, cost, fear of getting caught.

I never said post-USADA wins don't count. I'm just taking those wins for what they are.

In my eyes, everyone is unproven right now, some more than others obviously. Wonderboy is coming off a few wins over unproven guys, Diaz hasn't even fought yet. I'm not making the case that he deserves anything on merit, only that things aren't entirely what they seem. I don't see Wonderboy as being on a 7 fight run right now. I think he has 2 or 3 wins against guys who haven't shown much post-USADA. Pretty simple.

I never said Diaz deserved a shot. I used his situation as one example in a broader argument.

Ok that's somewhat more reasonable, I just disagree that people are unproven. We already have people on win streaks post USADA.

we're in the wasteland now. where shit like this belongs.

I already said Wonderboy is by far the most deserving contender on paper. You're arguing something I conceded in the OP.

My point was that the rankings you're talking about are meaningless. I'm open to hearing someone argue otherwise but you're showing a complete inability to grasp a basic point.

You just said Wonderboys recent wins were against unproven opponents, so.... yeah, hard to take anything you've written seriously.

This thread is patently ridiculous.

Nothing at all ridiculous about it.

I made a coherent point that was well thought out, backed it up and supported it. I can see why it was out of place in the heavies.

Nothing at all ridiculous about it.
You can't be serious. Discrediting all wins from ALL fights, based on your arbitrary criteria of the "TRT Era" in which if memory serves correctly less than 20 UFC fighters had active TUE exemptions, is ludicrous.

This thread is nothing more than an attempt to claim that Diaz has a legitimate claim to a title shot in 2016, despite his last win coming in 2011 and him being suspended for drugs twice since that win. There are plenty of "Diaz deserves a shot" threads, this could have easily gone in one of those.

Can't really call out a problem unless you have an alternative solution though. Are we drawing names out of a hat? I can't deny the fact that things have been changing rapidly, but you could argue that the McGregor effect has been as big of a factor as USADA has. The fact that the UFC is a business set on making profits has become more and more clear.

When MMA was a niche sport, it was easy to sell the best fights. Now that it has spread in popularity, the fight knowledge of the average fan has dropped tremendously. Selling the fights that "make the most since" doesn't result in the biggest earnings in the current era. Your point is that it's hard to say whose the most credible fighter. I don't think the UFC really gives a shit about finding that out anyhow. What will more people pay $60 to see has become the driving force behind most of the matchmaking decisions.

My next Sherdog account will be one of the top Sherdog accounts in history!! I'm at zero posts with it so we can't compare it to any of the other posters who currently have multitudes of posts.

- using TS logic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back