There is no controversy in the first Gustafsson/Jones fight

You're correct in the fact that there is a championship bias when it comes to the judges, but MMA media get's it right most of the time.

But not always, like you just admitted there. Its an argument you can use, but you cant say fight wasnt controversial just by that. You have to remember those mma journalists are just normal guys, internet nerds and mma-fans.

Was a very close fight. Scored it 49-48 Gus.
10-9 Gus
10-10
10-9 Gus
10-10
10-9 Jones

Stupid close and could've gone either way. A round here makes it a draw a round there give it's to Jones.

But not always, like you just admitted there. Its an argument you can use, but you cant say fight wasnt controversial just by that. You have to remember those mma journalists are just normal guys, internet nerds and mma-fans.

If it's an OVERWHELMING majority, I don't think there's much of an issue. If half the people were saying Gus won, and then other half were saying Jones won, then we have a case.

For example, the MMA media was completely split on Gil/Bendo. Which is fine, because that fight was truly very very close. Jones/Gustafsson was competitive, but clear. There's a good amount of difference.

Was a very close fight. Scored it 49-48 Gus.
10-9 Gus
10-10
10-9 Gus
10-10
10-9 Jones

Stupid close and could've gone either way. A round here makes it a draw a round there give it's to Jones.
Something tells me that those 10-10s that you have should be 10-9s for Jones.

No-controversy-featured.jpg

If it's an OVERWHELMING majority, I don't think there's much of an issue. If half the people were saying Gus won, and then other half were saying Jones won, then we have a case.

For example, the MMA media was completely split on Gil/Bendo. Which is fine, because that fight was truly very very close. Jones/Gustafsson was competitive, but clear. There's a good amount of difference.

MMA media unanimously thought Hendricks won against GSP, while its very easy to make a case for GSP winning the round 1 and therefore the hole fight.

Majority of those people who think Gus won don't like JBJ and sh*t on him every chance they get. Watch ths fight again. JBJ won 3 rounds out of 5.

I scored the fight 48-47 for Jones.

As for my personal opinion, so you're saying my opinion is invalid because it goes against the "popular" verdict of others who say Gus won. That's funny, when did you do your survey? Did you use an entire population or a sample of a population? May I see statistics to validate your point?

Your opinion is just as valid as anyones but you alone can't decide if there was controversy or not. By definition it means that people disagree about something. It's a fact that a lot (I didn't say most) of people thought Gustafsson won, so the decision was controversial.

You know what kills me? It's people like you who say "your opinion doesn't matter" when in all reality none of our opinions matter. What really matters are facts. And the fact is, Jones won the fight and is still LHW champion. The should of, could of & would of scenarios you pull just shows how you cannot deal with facts. FACT, I can't stand JBJ. FACT, JBJ BEAT Gus. FACT, JBJ is still the UFC LHW champion. With the FACTS that I stated, you can't tell me nothing. FACT!

You need to calm down, buddy.

It was a close and great fight, which Jones won.

People who say Gus won are in denial.

It is because most sherdoggers want to see Jones losing so bad. :icon_chee

Anyway there will be a rematch and we will see how both fighters will perform.

Still ended on a stronger note then Gustafsson did.

He ended the round by getting tossed to the floor after failed flying knee how is that a stronger note?

Theres definite controversy over a fight where a big percentage think the wrong man won, no matter how you scored it. Basically it comes down to whether you think one big strike should outweigh clearly winning a round for 4 and a half minutes (and I feel that when its that significant, it should)

Jones, although losing the round, was keeping things semi-competative up until the elbow.

He was lit up.

finished off with a flying knee (all under the category of EFFECTIVE STRIKING) WHILE defending the trip of Gustafsson (EFFECTIVE GRAPPLING and DEFENSE).

Calling that flying knee effective striking means that your credability is now officially < 0.

Something tells me that those 10-10s that you have should be 10-9s for Jones.

2nd round was fairly even. Gustafsson won the majority of the 4th while Jones landed the most significant strike. Both have a legit claim to round so give it to both imo.

If I had to give the 4th to somebody I'd give it to Jones making the fight a draw. Just goes to show how damn close it was.

If you can't figure out what that post means, then you should really try going back to school and taking a course in reading comprehension.

As for your "Sh*t eating f*ck head" comment, good job lil' man. Way to have a come back. Poppa is proud of you!

:eek:

You couldn't comprehend a read even if it fucked your moth in the ass.

:eek:

You couldn't comprehend a read even if it fucked your moth in the ass.

"You couldn't comprehend a READ even if it f*cked your MOTH in the ass"

Really? You can't even spell and you're coming at my comprehension. I'm done amigo!

I agree. The 2nd,4th and 5th were clearly Jones. The first was close but Gus edged it. Gus clearly won the 3rd. I've watched it multiple times and scored it the same.

TS doesn't understand what controversy means. Not a good start to a thread.

Back