There is no controversy in the first Gustafsson/Jones fight

Gustafsson Beat Jones, and Jones knows it, and deep down, so do you.

Oh yes, you areVERY objective.

Plus, if you were actually intelligent enough to discern what I wrote by browsing through my post history then you would have realized that I merely point out the unjust assertions and hatred/fighter bashing directed towards Jones. Nothing about that is indicative of have a "bias" or being "irrational".

Mmmhmmm sure thing.

You're on his nuts in every thread.

At the end of the day, whether you think JBJ won or Gus won, it would be settled at UFC 178. I'm sick and tired of the JBJ nutthuggers claiming that JBJ won 4 out of 5 or all 5 rounds. I'm tired of these bandwagon hoppers claiming that they were always a Gus fan and Gus beat JBJ hands down.

STFU and wait for it to be settled inside the cage at UFC 178.

GOTTDAMMIT!

Plus, if you were actually intelligent enough to discern what I wrote by browsing through my post history then you would have realized that I merely point out the unjust assertions and hatred/fighter bashing directed towards Jones. Nothing about that is indicative of have a "bias" or being "irrational".

Actually you really hug his scrotum as any good irrational fanboy is wont to do. The fact that you think you have no bias shows just how subjective you are.

At the end of the day, whether you think JBJ won or Gus won, it would be settled at UFC 178. I'm sick and tired of the JBJ nutthuggers claiming that JBJ won 4 out of 5 or all 5 rounds. I'm tired of these bandwagon hoppers claiming that they were always a Gus fan and Gus beat JBJ hands down.

STFU and wait for it to be settled inside the cage at UFC 178.

GOTTDAMMIT!

/thread. Seriously we're debating on a fight that happened 10 months ago and the rematch will happen soon.

/thread. Seriously we're debating on a fight that happened 10 months ago and the rematch will happen soon.

Only we are NOT discussing who won (JJ did you can look it up guys) - but weather the outcome is controversial. Judging by the amount of posts in this thread I'd say it is controversial and TS has clearly been wrong.

Majority of those people who think Gus won don't like JBJ and sh*t on him every chance they get. Watch ths fight again. JBJ won 3 rounds out of 5.

As for my personal opinion, so you're saying my opinion is invalid because it goes against the "popular" verdict of others who say Gus won. That's funny, when did you do your survey? Did you use an entire population or a sample of a population? May I see statistics to validate your point?

You know what kills me? It's people like you who say "your opinion doesn't matter" when in all reality none of our opinions matter. What really matters are facts. And the fact is, Jones won the fight and is still LHW champion. The should of, could of & would of scenarios you pull just shows how you cannot deal with facts. FACT, I can't stand JBJ. FACT, JBJ BEAT Gus. FACT, JBJ is still the UFC LHW champion. With the FACTS that I stated, you can't tell me nothing. FACT!

He's saying that ones personal opinion of who won doesn't matter in determining whether or not there was controversy. Only some sort of shit eating fuck head wouldn't understand that, so I'll assume you were joking.

I do not think you understand the unified rules. Damage is not scored and GUS outstruck JJ for 4 minutes of that round.
Don't get me wrong I scored the rd for JJ and hence the fight - but it could have gone either way. Calling it pretty clear makes you look like an idiot.

Let's not pretend like Gustafsson was blowing Jones out of the water in round 4. He wasn't. Jones was keeping is semi-competitive and was still landing on Gustafsson as well as vice-versa.

Yes, Gustafsson was winning the round. That's a fact. But nothing that Jones couldn't come back from if he landed a huge shot (which he did).

From the Unified rules of MMA:

Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.

Jones, although losing the round, was keeping things semi-competative up until the elbow. Keep in mind when Gustafsson was scoring, Jones was ALSO scoring but simply to a lesser extent. That comes under the category of EFFECTIVE STRIKING. Jones landed the most significant strike of the round, and arguably of the fight in the last minute, and had Gustafsson really hurt for a whole minute. And continued to land hard elbows, and finished off with a flying knee (all under the category of EFFECTIVE STRIKING) WHILE defending the trip of Gustafsson (EFFECTIVE GRAPPLING and DEFENSE).

Rd 2: Jones is in control of the entire round landing a couple nice head kicks and elbows. Gus defends all takedown attempts, but doesn't do enough to win the round. 10-9 Jones.

I think this round was closer than you are making it sound.

In which case, your thinking is wrong.

The fact that there is such massive disagreement in this thread alone implies that there is indeed controversy you fucking retard.

Your personal opinion --which is just that of some idiot on Sherdog-- isn't the one and only opinion of any importance or the one that objectively decides the matter once and for all.

"Your thinking is wrong, my thinking is right! HERP DERP!" How eloquent.

tumblr_moa8xffZ7c1qd243po1_500.gif

The fact that there is such massive disagreement in this thread alone implies that there is indeed controversy you fucking retard.

Your personal opinion --which is just that of some idiot on Sherdog-- isn't the one and only opinion of any importance or the one that objectively decides the matter once and for all.

"Your thinking is wrong, my thinking is right! HERP DERP!" How eloquent.

The "massive disagreement" only exists because there's such a irrational hate for Jones. If people can keep that out of the way, they'll be able to see that Jones won the fight pretty clearly.

I'm just trying to show people the light. Some people are slow.

He's saying that ones personal opinion of who won doesn't matter in determining whether or not there was controversy. Only some sort of shit eating fuck head wouldn't understand that, so I'll assume you were joking.
If you can't figure out what that post means, then you should really try going back to school and taking a course in reading comprehension.

As for your "Sh*t eating f*ck head" comment, good job lil' man. Way to have a come back. Poppa is proud of you!

If you put your foot down you need authority. Otherwise your like a foot stomping toddler. You lost all authority with your flying knee bs.

Because I forgot to mention the little tidbit that the fight DIDN'T end with the flying knee?

Oh sorry. I was putting my full attention to arguments that are actually valid.

I completely agree with the opening post. 3-2 Jones, clearly but competitively, with the crucial round hinging on the spinning elbow rocking Gustafsson.

I loved that fight. It made me like both fighters a lot more. Looking forward to the rematch.

Back