1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

There is no championship ducking. Only moneyfights. Get used to it.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Raksas, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Raksas

Raksas Banned Banned

I'm tired of hearing that. The belts are a joke and prove nothing. I'm all in on Diaz vs Woodley. Let's get it on. This is prize fighting and nothing more and I don't blame any fighter for wanting to make a few bucks.

2. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

Yup. Set up the contracts in such a way that fighting the legit number 1 contender makes the champs more than they would fighting a guy outside of the top 5 in the rankings, and you will stop seeing fighters asking for them.

3. kenCs

kenCs Couches, couches, couches which one should I pick? Banned

USADA is in the house. Most of these guys wanna retire after the money fights. Aint worth it without the PEDS.

RenegadeMMA and Arm Barbarian like this.
  4. Kyler Ruxin

Kyler Ruxin The Gangstalicious of Sherdog

It's up to the UFC to just tell Champs who they are fighting, and if they say no, they get stripped. But the UFC probably won't do that because they want the "money" fights to. Because of the money. Sucks.

5. DaGenius

DaGenius Silver Belt

Woodley has done alright and lives in a low cost of living area, but he hasn't made big money fighting yet. A good move to try to get the Diaz fight

6. shino

shino Green Belt

Ya I think we're just gonna have to get used to it. As long as they sprinkle in a good dose of legit contenders we should just try to enjoy it. I have to admit I like a good "money fight" now and then, but I still wamna see the #1 contender get his earned shot at the belt. It's kinda sad to think that the fighter who supposed to get th is probably always gonna have to talk shit and create fake drama in order to get his due though.

7. shino

shino Green Belt

Supposed to say "fighter who's supposed to get the next shot at the belt"

8. DaleBoca

DaleBoca Gold Belt

"We set up the fights where the number 1 guy fights number 2, unlike boxing"

Dana White

9. No, it's a refined, excused, profitable way of ducking.

Still ducking

kaimana likes this.
  10. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

Its not ducking to me if it happens at 202. At 208 it is sort of ducking, but at 202, its such a quick turnaround its all good.