There is no championship ducking. Only moneyfights. Get used to it.

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing that. The belts are a joke and prove nothing. I'm all in on Diaz vs Woodley. Let's get it on. This is prize fighting and nothing more and I don't blame any fighter for wanting to make a few bucks.

I'm tired of hearing that. The belts are a joke and prove nothing. I'm all in on Diaz vs Woodley. Let's get it on. This is prize fighting and nothing more and I don't blame any fighter for wanting to make a few bucks.

Yup. Set up the contracts in such a way that fighting the legit number 1 contender makes the champs more than they would fighting a guy outside of the top 5 in the rankings, and you will stop seeing fighters asking for them.

USADA is in the house. Most of these guys wanna retire after the money fights. Aint worth it without the PEDS.

It's up to the UFC to just tell Champs who they are fighting, and if they say no, they get stripped. But the UFC probably won't do that because they want the "money" fights to. Because of the money. Sucks.

Woodley has done alright and lives in a low cost of living area, but he hasn't made big money fighting yet. A good move to try to get the Diaz fight

Ya I think we're just gonna have to get used to it. As long as they sprinkle in a good dose of legit contenders we should just try to enjoy it. I have to admit I like a good "money fight" now and then, but I still wamna see the #1 contender get his earned shot at the belt. It's kinda sad to think that the fighter who supposed to get th is probably always gonna have to talk shit and create fake drama in order to get his due though.

Supposed to say "fighter who's supposed to get the next shot at the belt"

"We set up the fights where the number 1 guy fights number 2, unlike boxing"

Dana White

No, it's a refined, excused, profitable way of ducking.

Still ducking

Back