There is no bantamweight goat.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I remember when there wasn't even a lightweight division in the UFC. The bantamweight divisions haven't really been around long enough. I mean, greatest of all time is really subjective and all, and I'm sure all time could mean whatever have happened to this point, but there should have been at least somewhat significant amount of time that it existed.

For example, Dominick Cruz have 13 bantamweight fights to his resume. How can someone be a greatest of all time in your weight class with 13 fights? On the other hand, TJ have been competing in bantamweight division, I think since the beginning of his career. But, TJ also has three losses, and one of which happens to come at the hands of the aforementioned guy. Can you compete in a division for 8 years, with three losses, one of which was the guy who have 13 fights in his career, and still be the greatest of all time?

At the end of the day, it would be hard to pick TJ over Cruz when Cruz beat him after coming off a long lay off, or Cruz over Cody when Cody convincingly beat the guy, while he wasn't coming off a lay off.

Well technically someone can be GOAT in a weight class with just 1 fight if it's a brand new weight class and there has only been 1 fight.

BW seems to be like LW. No clear cut GOAT yet. I'd have Cruz number 1 until TJ does a bit more. But it's arguable.

It's a young division but he's easily the BW Goat. Imagine if he never got hurt all those times? He still came back and reclaimed his belt despite all the setbacks.

Put some respect on his name, damn it.

Cruise said he beat off TJ on his couch

Cruz still has the resume so he's the BW goat

TJ is imo the BEST bw to date skill wise

Put some respect on this man's name. He was the O.G Goat of Bantamweight.
20081018053856_torres.JPG

I remember when there wasn't even a lightweight division in the UFC. The bantamweight divisions haven't really been around long enough. I mean, greatest of all time is really subjective and all, and I'm sure all time could mean whatever have happened to this point, but there should have been at least somewhat significant amount of time that it existed.

For example, Dominick Cruz have 13 bantamweight fights to his resume. How can someone be a greatest of all time in your weight class with 13 fights? On the other hand, TJ have been competing in bantamweight division, I think since the beginning of his career. But, TJ also has three losses, and one of which happens to come at the hands of the aforementioned guy. Can you compete in a division for 8 years, with three losses, one of which was the guy who have 13 fights in his career, and still be the greatest of all time?

At the end of the day, it would be hard to pick TJ over Cruz when Cruz beat him after coming off a long lay off, or Cruz over Cody when Cody convincingly beat the guy, while he wasn't coming off a lay off.

Shall we bump this thread in 15 years when we have the answer bro

TJ is getting there. If he knocks out Cruz he'll definitely be there

1. Cruz
2. Faber
3. TJ
4. Barao

Best to date based on accomplishments, really hard to argue this list and anyone that thinks Faber isn't number 2 has not been a fan of mma for long....his run in wec was amazing.

You absolutely can put Cruz over Cody in the GOAT conversation

It's close between Barao and Cruz but I'd have to go with Cruz.

Back