There is a serious need for a club in my area

3s_em1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Jesus man, everything is so far from me. I live in South Florida - Broward County.
My trainer is leaving the current club and opening his own school. I would love to go there but it is just too far. I can't afford ATT or Popovitch. Anyone know a club in this area for about $100/ month? My zip is 33065. I have spent alot of time looking through school databases and I have not found anything that stands out.

Please help.

from $130 or so and up from what I heard.

ATT is the one closest to me. About 10 minute drive. I just hearing the classes are really big from people who used to train there.

It's an ATT affiliate, so I would assume the pricing is similar.

It was closed at the time but I looked inside. It is some sort of soccer mom kickboxing gym. There was asign at the door that said BJJ. I'll have to stop back when they are open.

I also drove here, but it seem like the place was sold or no longer fucus on just BJJ. it is now some sort of MMA fight club. It is very small too.

Untitled Document

I swear, if I had the money I would open a school in this area.

It was closed at the time but I looked inside. It is some sort of soccer mom kickboxing gym. There was asign at the door that said BJJ. I'll have to stop back when they are open.

I also drove here, but it seem like the place was sold or no longer fucus on just BJJ. it is now some sort of MMA fight club. It is very small too.

Untitled Document

Hmmm, dam that sucks. Just check it out tomorrow, and post back, or save up some money for a few sessions at ATT.

from $130 or so and up from what I heard.

ATT is the one closest to me. About 10 minute drive. I just hearing the classes are really big from people who used to train there.

nyone know a club in this area for about $100/ month?

all this over 30 bucks a month?

and up. so it could be $30-$50/ month. I am currently paying $53.00 (dirt cheap, I know. I got spolied).

I am also not to thrilled about big class sizes like ATT has.

I would pay $75.00/month for the new school since he is taking us with him. But I would spend $50-$70 on gas easy since it is so far away

and up. so it could be $30-$50/ month. I am currently paying $53.00 (dirt cheap, I know. I got spolied).

I am also not to thrilled about big class sizes like ATT has.

I would pay $75.00/month for the new school since he is taking us with him. But I would spend $50-$70 on gas easy since it is so far away

That is true. Like I said, you should probably wait it out, until you're financially flexible until to train. However, you said ATT is like only a 10 minute drive, so why not go to that one? I'm sure you won't expend that much gas going from and to there.

And how big are we talking? Like 40+ more? Thats nothing, I usually roll around with 60+ people at my gym on a daily basis and it's fine. Again, if you're having problems financially, I say save up.

if i were you i'd go with ATT. your only getting the best instructions and people would pay to do privates with individuals there. i pay 165/mo out here in Los Angeles just for bjj. i'd rather spend the extra money for the better school and save gas then to drive far.

where in South Florida are you, I don't know that zip code. Are you in Coconut Creek? Or I guess very close since you said ATT is 10 minutes away. As far as a need for a club in your area I can't say I can agree. We have Marcelo Garcia, ATT headquarters, A Machado brown belt, Popovich, a Renzo brown belt and a number of other schools down here. I think South Florida is really very lucky for the amount of schools we have. The problem is they all know they have an in demand product.

If it's a money issue you might want to try judo instead until your finances improve. Almost all the reputable schools are charging $150 a month and up that I know of.

I am in Coral Springs. Marcelo is in Hollywood. Renzo is in Weston, Popovich is by the Beach. I am willing to pay $150.00 to train at those places but none are around the corner either. With the exception of ATT.

Again, I guess I am spolied since I only paid $53/ month and had very small class sizes with a Black belt.

Were is the Machado Brown Belt?

Whan I said my area, I meant Coral Springs.

Back