There is 809,308 Cops in the USA, 130 deaths. There is 38,929,319 Black people, 306 Killed by cops

Leroy Jenkins

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yet both these groups act like they have the most dangerous lives ever.

130 cops died in 2015 on the job. Cops have a probability of .00016063105 chance of dying on the job, keep in mind I kept heart attack and accidental deaths.

Leaving accidents off....65 deaths, so thats .00008031552 chance of dying

Cops killed by actual gun fire = 39....That's 0.00004818931 chance of dying.

Now lets look at black people killed by cops.

306 black people were killed by the police in 2015. The probability of getting killed by a cop is .00000786039 chance ....Keep in mind I kept both armed/unarmed black people.

102 unarmed black people were killed by the police in 2015. The probability of an unarmed black person getting killed by a cop is 0.00000262013 chance.

So whats my point? Both sides are fucking exaggerating the danger of their lives

The Cop brotherhood acts as if their lives are always in danger, thus they are dicks/shoot way too quickly....Fact is that it really isn't that dangerous to be a cop, at least not as much as they portray it to be. It's obvious that some cops are trigger happy because they are big fucking pussies. Not all of them but a few of them.

As for black people, again the odds of getting killed are really low, it's really a non issue. Now Cop discrimination/brutality is a whole other issue that might actually have higher rates but as for actual cops killing, it's really not this huge problem that people like to portray it as.

ny_post_walsh-620x412.jpg

3258-large.jpg

33876.jpg

3613D53A00000578-3681151-image-a-24_1467994653459.jpg

DEM_2016_Clinton.JPEG-01aed_c0-172-3500-2212_s885x516.jpg

The fact is that media is making a huge deal out of little numbers, sensationalism at it's finest.....They use words as "Black people are 20x more likely to get shot" which makes it seem like is a huge fucking number but it isn't, and cops use lines like "We have the most dangerous job, we can't take any chances" which makes it seems like it's necessary for cops to be trigger happy.

Of course then the politicians come in on these issues to take sides, Republicans with Cops/Democrats with blacks; then they divide the people over something that statistically is insignificant. An easy ass issue where you choose a side and avoid the real complex issues that actually affect the majority of the population.

It's fucking ridiculous how both sides are exaggerating their difficulties...It's ridiculous how people focus on this minuscule problem when there is real fucking problems.

Both sides are literally filled with pussies screaming "we have it harder".

Yes it's fucked up that cops get killed and black people get killed by cops...but lets be honest, that doesn't give the right to cops to be completely pussies/be trigger happy and that doesn't give the right to black people to act like they are getting slaughtered(most of the blacks killed were literally asking for it).

Sorry guys just pure facts here.

My sources

Cops killed in 2015 https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2015

Cops in the USA this was in 2008, best I could do, sorry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_number_of_police_officers

Blacks killed in 2015, could be disputed but I went with the higher number
In 2015, The Counted estimates, at least 306 black people were killed by police. The Washington Post puts the number of black people who were shot dead last year at 258.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...by-police-america_us_577da633e4b0c590f7e7fb17

Unarmed blacks killed
http://mappingpoliceviolence.org/unarmed/

Numbers of blacks in the USA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_States

So please stop with the sensationalism....Focus on better things...and check your privilege, Cops/Black People.

I know it's easy to get caught up on choosing sides with people killing eachother but we have more important issues to worry about.

Last edited:
For the first time ever, I completely agree with you.

So you're just automatically assuming that every cop killed by gunfire was murdered by a black? That information is critical to these statistical comparisons.

The cop deaths vary widely from year to year. You have tabled data going back at least a decade. You're not interested in averaging the data?

130 cops died in 2015 on the job. Cops have a probability of .00016063105% chance of dying on the job, keep in mind I kept heart attack and accidental deaths.

Leaving accidents off....65 deaths, so thats .00008031552 % chance of dying

Cops killed by actual gun fire = 39....That's 0.00004818931% chance of dying.

306 black people were killed by the police in 2015. The probability of getting killed by a cop is .00000786039% chance ....Keep in mind I kept both armed/unarmed black people.

102 unarmed black people were killed by the police in 2015. The probability of an unarmed black person getting killed by a cop is 0.00000262013% chance.

So whats my point? Both sides are fucking exaggerating the danger of their lives

The Cop brotherhood acts as if their lives are always in danger, thus they are dicks/shoot way too quickly....Fact is that it really isn't that dangerous to be a cop, at least not as much as they portray it to be. It's obvious that some cops are trigger happy because they are big fucking pussies. Not all of them but a few of them.

As for black people, again the odds of getting killed are really low, it's really a non issue. Now Cop discrimination/brutality is a whole other issue that might actually have higher rates but as for actual cops killing, it's really not this huge problem that people like to portray it as.

3258-large.jpg

33876.jpg

The fact is that media is making a huge deal out of little numbers, sensationalism at it's finest.....They use words as "Black people are 20x more likely to get shot" which makes it seem like is a huge fucking number but it isn't, and cops use lines like "We have the most dangerous job, we can't take any chances" which makes it seems like it's necessary for cops to be trigger happy.

Of course then the politicians come in on these issues to take sides, Republicans with Cops/Democrats with blacks; then they divide the people over something that statistically is insignificant. An easy as issue where you choose a side and avoid the real complex issues that actually affect the majority of the population.

It's fucking ridiculous how both sides are exaggerating their difficulties...It's ridiculous how people focus on this minuscule problem when their is real fucking problems.

Yes it's fucked up that cops get killed and black people get killed by cops...but lets be honest, that doesn't give the right to cops to be completely pussies/be trigger happy and that doesn't give the right to black people to act like they are getting slaughtered(most of the blacks killed were literally asking for it).

My sources

Cops in the USA this was in 2008, best I could do, sorry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_number_of_police_officers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...by-police-america_us_577da633e4b0c590f7e7fb17

Unarmed blacks killed

So please stop with the sensationalism....Focus on better things...and check your privilege, Cops/Black People.

I know it's easy to get caught up on choosing sides with people killing eachother but we have more important issues to worry about.

WAIT! I call BS.

At first, I was with you, and then I remembered some stories on laws for reporting shootings by cops that resulted in no files charged against the officer, being a patchwork of laws from county to county in reporting to the federal government.

I will say this though. Whatever that real number is, when in comparison to our population, it is hard to argue that we don't live in a largely peaceful country. Media has been very obviously pushing a narrative here.

So you're just automatically assuming that every cop killed by gunfire was murdered by a black? That information is critical to these statistical comparisons.

The cop deaths vary widely from year to year. You have tabled data going back at least a decade. You're not interested in averaging the data?
I never assumed that.

I was attacking the narrative that cops have such a dangerous job that it's understandable for them to be trigger happy...if I found the number of blacks killing cops, the numbers would be much lower.

As for getting a whole decade, well I did this very fast, I didn't have stats like how many cops there is in 2015, since I didnt find it...so all this is an aproximation, not 100% accurate but it gives people an idea.

I just did a quick look, the difference in cop killings these few last years isnt drastic.

you dont know how percentages work, do you, dumbass? 130 out of 809308 is NOT 0.00016%, just like 1 out of 2 is not 0.5%.

you dont know how percentages work, do you, dumbass? 130 out of 809308 is NOT 0.00016%, just like 1 out of 2 is not 0.5%.
I dun goof, I decided to put the percentage sign unlike last time.

130 cops died in 2015 on the job. Cops have a probability of .00016063105 chance of dying on the job, keep in mind I kept heart attack and accidental deaths.

Leaving accidents off....65 deaths, so thats .00008031552 chance of dying

Cops killed by actual gun fire = 39....That's 0.00004818931 chance of dying.

306 black people were killed by the police in 2015. The probability of getting killed by a cop is .00000786039 chance ....Keep in mind I kept both armed/unarmed black people.

102 unarmed black people were killed by the police in 2015. The probability of an unarmed black person getting killed by a cop is 0.00000262013 chance.

3258-large.jpg

33876.jpg

Of course then the politicians come in on these issues to take sides, Republicans with Cops/Democrats with blacks; then they divide the people over something that statistically is insignificant. An easy as issue where you choose a side and avoid the real complex issues that actually affect the majority of the population.

It's fucking ridiculous how both sides are exaggerating their difficulties...It's ridiculous how people focus on this minuscule problem when their is real fucking problems.

My sources

Unarmed blacks killed

These percentages are wrong. For cops, its 0.01 %, for blacks its 0.0007 (roughly)

I never assumed that.

I was attacking the narrative that cops have such a dangerous job that it's understandable for them to be trigger happy...if I found the number of blacks killing cops, the numbers would be much lower.

As for getting a whole decade, well I did this very fast, I didn't have stats like how many cops there is in 2015, since I didnt find it...so all this is an aproximation, not 100% accurate but it gives people an idea.

I just did a quick look, the difference in cop killings these few last years isnt drastic.
Stop fucking this up.

just shows that you have no idea what the sign means. you dont just put it whenever you feel like it.

Again I screwed up, I didnt put it last time I did this in my other thread.

I fucked up, sometimws these things happen irl.

These percentages are wrong. For cops, its 0.01 %, for blacks its 0.0007 (roughly)
I left the number as it was when I divided. I did not turn it into percentage.

Its the odds..so .75 is 75%

In July I had to confront two guys (in two separate incidents), one robbery suspect armed with a knife and the other one was a suicidal guy armed with a 9mm. Luckily, nobody was harmed including the suspects.

of course, my job is not dangerous because I'm not shot/stabbed dead.

I agree but it kind of misses the point.

The odds of the cop killer being prosecuted are pretty good. The odds of the killing cop being prosecuted aren't as good. That's the actual concern. If cops that engage in unjustified killings were summarily prosecuted and convicted then most of this conversation never happens.

The odds of the cop killer being prosecuted are pretty good. The odds of the killing cop being prosecuted aren't as good. That's the actual concern. If cops that engage in unjustified killings were summarily prosecuted and convicted then most of this conversation never happens.

How many unjustified police killings of blacks have there been in the last year?

I agree the cop brotherhood protects cops no matter what. They put police above the law and I disagree with that. Again the Cops think they are some sort a special group, who have the hardest job ever thus they act like they should get a pass.

I wish we had stats of that so we could see the odds.

In July I had to confront two guys (in two separate incidents), one robbery suspect armed with a knife and the other one was a suicidal guy armed with a 9mm. Luckily, nobody was harmed including the suspects.

Well the way I hear cops talk about their jobs, you swear it was a warzone out there, where they are getting shot everyday.

Sure it's dangerous but the stats say you won't get killed....The odds are in your side.

Sorry, it's not that dangerous as portrait by cops/media.

He never said it wasn't dangerous.

Back