There has never been a UFC event in Greenland

most mysterious place in the world? literally only talked about one time ever, and that's when president Trump made maybe the smartest move ever and tried to buy it...

Take the entire population of Greenland.

Then you start to subtract those people that are not interested in watching MMA, who are interested but don't have the money, those who have the interest and money but don't have the time available, etc.

10-20 people sounds about right.

Australia is much bigger than Greenland, you were simply duped by that globe/map effect TS.

Aus is 4x bigger, AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Facts about New Zealand, Great Britain, Japan:

- None of them are an island.

What are they

They're countries made up of a series of islands/land masses. Technically Great Britain is the name of the main island (so is an island), but in the context of what he said, he's using it as a colloquial contraction of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

They're countries made up of a series of islands/land masses. Technically Great Britain is the name of the main island (so is an island), but in the context of what he said, he's using it as a colloquial contraction of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

I have a question and my and my Gramps used to joke about this (I miss him)

There is a little piece of France near Nova Scotia - a remnant of early colonization that never joined US or CANADA

St Pierre and Meceleon or however you spell it

It's full on france so I said if I went there I could say I went to france

He said no I couldn't say that

but it's as much france as the island of PEI is Canada

What say you?

Facts about Greenland:

- It is the largest island in the world. UFC events have been held on much smaller islands (New Zealand, Great Britain, Japan)

- Greenland has a population of 55,000, which is larger than Uniondale, NY (UFC on Fox 25), Hidalgo, Texas (UFC Fight Night 94), and Fairfax, Virginia (UFC Fight Night 20)

- Humans have lived on Greenland for nearly 5,000 years, for most of which they have been fans of combat sports

When will the UFC end this gross injustice and bring an event to Greenland?

What a spectacular post. The question is, will anyone actually bite and turn this into a spectacular thread.....

i mean it's not exactly a big market, name one fighter from greenland without googling.

Annnnnd this is the first reply.

I have a question and my and my Gramps used to joke about this (I miss him)

There is a little piece of France near Nova Scotia - a remnant of early colonization that never joined US or CANADA

St Pierre and Meceleon or however you spell it

It's full on france so I said if I went there I could say I went to france

He said no I couldn't say that

but it's as much france as the island of PEI is Canada

What say you?
Saint Pierre and Miquelon is a self-governing territory that is owned by France. It is not France.

Same way that Greenland is a territory owned by Denmark. And Puerto Rico is a territory owned by the US.

PEI is different- It is not a self-governing territory, it is an official province of Canada. Under direct rule of the federal government of Canada. Very different from Saint Pierre and Miquelon, which is not considered a part of the country of France. Your gramps is correct on this one.

War Gramps

Facts about Greenland:

- It is the largest island in the world. UFC events have been held on much smaller islands (New Zealand, Great Britain, Japan)

- Greenland has a population of 55,000, which is larger than Uniondale, NY (UFC on Fox 25), Hidalgo, Texas (UFC Fight Night 94), and Fairfax, Virginia (UFC Fight Night 20)

- Humans have lived on Greenland for nearly 5,000 years, for most of which they have been fans of combat sports

When will the UFC end this gross injustice and bring an event to Greenland?
Why do you compare a country's population to a city all the while talking about how much big it is landwise?

Saint Pierre and Miquelon is a self-governing territory that is owned by France. It is not France.

Same way that Greenland is a territory owned by Denmark. And Puerto Rico is a territory owned by the US.

PEI is different- It is not a self-governing territory, it is an official province of Canada. Under direct rule of the federal government of Canada. Very different from Saint Pierre and Miquelon, which is not considered a part of the country of France. Your gramps is correct on this one.

War Gramps

What about Grand Menan or Sable Island?

Look it up pirates crash on this toenail island and wild horses survive and thrive there and ate all the ppl

The only way the UFC would hold an event somewhere like Greenland is if the government gave them a bunch of money to do so. Like places in Africa, the Middle East or China have done for boxing events.

You can bring up some place with a smaller population, but fans travel from all over.

Back