There has never been a better LW than Oliveira 2.0

Scheme

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
He has all the skills, elite ground game (even on bottom), elite stand up, amazing chin (stood up yesterday very well), amazing fight IQ. I don't ever recall a fighter being as good as Oliveira 2.0.

he would have probably lost that fight in UFC1 but the second round was awesome.

He looked beatable by a very dangerous fighter and still won by ko
Pitbull actually beat Chandler way more convincingly. Charles is a good fighter but people are overreacting as usual

Pitbull actually beat Chandler way more convincingly. Charles is a good fighter but people are overreacting as usual
Man listen if a fighter is an undisputed champion then it means he is the best guy right now,ı wanna say he is not talking about a newcomer or a top 10 guy.He is talking about the champ

lol Habeeb already being forgotten and it took even less time than I thought.

Man listen if a fighter is wçan undisputed champion then it means he is the best guy right now
But OP is talking about him being the best LW ever. That's clearly recency bias

You realize that Mario and a few other refs would have stopped that fight and Chandler would have been the champ, right?

lol Habeeb already being forgotten and it took even less time than I thought.

I dont think so. Theres threads about him everyday and every new hyped fighter is compared to him lol.

I dont think so. Theres threads about him everyday and every new hyped fighter is compared to him lol.
Nah, his star is already starting to fade. That's what happens when you retire early with an inflated record

Prime BJ Penn was better at everything
"prime" Penn was amazing, but he wasn't better/more dangerous at submissions.

I am excited to see him face the top guys in Porier, Gathje, Connor, Dariush, etc. all fresh matchups against top comp.

If he hold the belt after fighting all these guys, then, maybe OP can make this thread. But now its way premature, even though Charles is super skilled and dangerous and newly minted champ.

Not sure. He lost to Paul Felder. He got a title shot off tony who just lost the same way against #9 dariush. And he defended against a guy who had 1 win in ufc. Remains to be seen. Winner of Conor and Dustin would legitimize him if he were to beat them but for now the lw tourney still going.

Back