There are no Bellator events scheduled for 2021. What's up with that?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Leonard Haid, Jan 5, 2021.

1. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

I expect them to announce at least 3/4 shows to start 2021 soon. Showtime Boxing has not announced anything yet, only 1 show in January and usually they will announce the first half of the year shows all together or quarterly. They now work together so I think they are going to do the same

2. Bubba32 Purple Belt

it's jan 11th and they still dont have any schedule? wtf?

fifinex likes this.
  3. Small Town Andrew Green Belt

2020 was a sad year for Bellator. Instead of getting better the shows have been getting worst under Coker.

Hope they can rebound in 2021

David Street and Chosen like this.
  4. InfinityLens Black Belt

2020 was a sad year period.

5. careto Brown Belt

I guess there will be some announcement soon. Also, is it me or does Ali's relationship with Bellator has improved a lot? He seems to be moving a lot of his fighters there.

asdf122345, GueseGuy and tehMoose like this.
  6. Hellowhosthat Gold Belt

Yeah I think he's fallen out with PFL a bit so this is probably his plan b for fighters now.

asdf122345 and David Street like this.
  7. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

His stable of fighters has grown a ton in Bellator

asdf122345 and careto like this.
  8. Bubzeh Silver Belt

Fuck Ali.

Bluesbreaker and MMALOPEZ like this.
  9. GueseGuy Black Belt

PFL is bush league. Back when it was WSOF he had ties to the company so he had a reason to push them. But now there’s no incentive to keep pushing them. He is smart to bring his fighters to Bellator. It is the clear #2 in the mma space and the biggest platform to bring his fighters to. As a manager you need at least 2 options for your client for negotiating purposes so Ali is smart. He might be a rat but the man is a smart motherfucker no doubt about that.

asdf122345 and careto like this.
  10. CorninginChristianburg Blue Belt

I'm getting super impatient for an announcement. I'm really excited about this year's slate but Bellator isn't doing much to fuel that right now.

careto likes this.
  11. careto Brown Belt

Yes, its hard to get any momentum if they go silent for over a month, meanwhile the UFC has has 2 events and a massive PPV coming up. I have always wondered why Bellator does such a shitty job at advertising and announcing their events with only a week or two in advance.

12. vote4pedro Orange Belt

there's some talk of bellator's 2021 debut taking place feb 26th. not sure who is fighting.

13. Bubba32 Purple Belt

it's now jan 20th and still no word?

14. Eszopiclone Yellow Belt

Scott Coker is a literal retard. Imagine if we had Bellator events while the UFC was in hiatus. Imagine Romero x Rumble during that time, that would've been a banger and would certainly boost Bellator's sales to the roof.
    These fucking retards have no idea on how to promote an event, no one fucking knows about them unless they constantly follow MMA. It's a shame because they have some decent fighters and we need someone to compete with UFC, it's a shame Scott Coker is a literal retard.

Chosen and moon to me like this.
  15. Terry_Dak_Tull White Belt

They tried to counter Bellator's first event in 2019 and actually did so in 2020. If Bellator had intentions to run in early January, there wouldn't have been a hiatus for the UFC. There would have been some Apex cards.

Romero signed in mid December. A fight in early January means they would have fought with no camp. As an added bonus, one of those fighters would have fought for the first time in years without a camp.

16. Eszopiclone Yellow Belt

UFC is not magically aware of Bellator's intentions unless they have spies, and they're not gonna pull up an event out of nowhere.
    None of the things you mentioned matter when compared to the benefits of having that fight during the hiatus, lots of fighters have fought with no camp. You're too close minded to see how big this is Marketing-wise.

17. Hellowhosthat Gold Belt

I don't think UFC pay any attention at all to when Bellator have cards scheduled tbh.

18. Terry_Dak_Tull White Belt

Bellator announced Bader vs Fedor for the LA Forum. Later the UFC tried to put together a card for the same night in Anaheim. Budd vs Cyborg was announced and was on an open weekend. Then the UFC put a card in Raleigh for the same night. Both those cards were the first for Bellator in 2019 and 2020.

If they would have announced a card, especially Romero vs Rumble, they would have thrown together a card for the Apex. You're naive to think otherwise.

I still can't believe suggesting that fight in the first place. It's not being close minded to think it's dumb having them fight on short notice with no camps. Especially when one of them hasn't fought in years.

GueseGuy, careto and tehMoose like this.
  19. Hellowhosthat Gold Belt

I still don't think the UFC plans around Bellator. If you want to run on a different night to the UFC, just don't run on a Saturday.

Also, just because they haven't announced a fight doesn't mean they can't have it signed and already have the fighters in camp.

20. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

Ever since their return from COVID lockdowns, Bellator has adopted a Pride style of scheduling, where they don’t release the fights until almost fight week. While it’s hard to gain momentum, it also spares people from disappointment when fights they were looking forward to get canceled.

careto likes this.