There are more MMA companies in Japan beside Inspirit.

Shooto Panama

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Barely post here but I usually like to read what you guy talk about the different MMA products.

Sometimes I wonder why because I never tried to buy anything online but I should start doing this since It`s hard as fuck to find MMA clothes on my size in Japan.

Anyways, I know some of you are a little bit excited about Inspirit, probably because you guys see Gomi, Sakurai and Kawajiri using Inspirit pants in Pride Bushido.

In case some of you guys didn`t know this Inspirit doesn`t make the vale tudo shorts like Hansen or Sakurai like to wear but instead focus in the board shorts like Gomi and Kawajiri.

Also and once again in case you didn`t know the Inspirit board shorts are the brainchild and design from non other than Rumina Sato. He came with the design from both the Compe and Spec shorts and told Inspirit to produce the pants.

Sato and the Inspirit guys are always trying to improve their products so Sato came with the Yoroi models and recently with this model:

spec2_item_p.jpg

I knew this model was coming out soon because....well you know..Sato told me so. I didn`t know any specifications about the new design but one thing I know is Sato is the kind of person who always like to ask and research for ideas to improve Yoroi.

I own the Compe Model and I really love to train with them. I can`t compare the Inspirit pants next to other brands like Sprawl or Tapout because those companies don`t distribute here ( I wonder why because Japan is such a big market).

Anyways, there are other two MMA companies here who compete with Inspirit in the Japanese MMA market: Reversal and Lutador.

http://www.rvddw.com/rvddw2/index.html

http://www.lutadorfight.com/lf-t.html

Ok, what those two companies share in common?

- They are designed with the BJJ market like main target. BJJ in Japan is very popular so you will notice a "Brazilian flavor" with both brands.

- How old are the companies? both are really new. Less than two years. Reversal is run by the owner of ISAMI Japan. In case you wonder ISAMI is the most important Martial Arts store in the Tokyo area.

In the other side I don`t know who is behind Lutador but probably a Japanese-Brazilian or someone really involve in the BJJ scene here.

- What products they make? Pretty much everything. From grappling shorts to jean pants. Reversal is more like fashion with Brazilian MMA style while Lutador is more focus in MMA & BJJ

- They ship overseas? As far as I know they don`t sell products overseas so in case you are interested in purchase one of their products you need someone in Japan to help you out.

- What about quality? Sadly I never tried any of their product before for several reasons. Until recently I found where in Tokyo is the Lutador store and finally this Saturday I will try to check them before go to the Shooto show. I`m actually thinking about get this parka:

lutador_pullp1.jpg

Now Lutador is producing Grappling/MMA pants like this:

vtshorts1.jpg

They look good (On pictures) and the price is similar to the new Inspirit shorts.

In the other side I won`t recommend Reversal because they are ridiculous expensive. I`m talking about sweet shirts in 150.00 dollars and MMA/Grappling short close to 80.00

rvcc004-b.jpg

Anyways, In case you guys have any question please let me know here.

Lutador shorts look like Sprawls with ClinchGear's crotch stretch panel.

Those fight jerseys on the Lutador site although they look like track jackets look awesome. Too bad I can read Japanese to find out the price

The Lutador stuff looks good.....now, if I only knew anyone in Japan.

Hockeyfight said:
Those fight jerseys on the Lutador site although they look like track jackets look awesome. Too bad I can read Japanese to find out the price

60.00 US dollars.

Thank you Shooto must save now and find some one to go to Japan

$150 for a shirt??? You sure Reversal isnt an Italian designer brand? :D

Superbeast said:
Lutador shorts look like Sprawls with ClinchGear's crotch stretch panel.

I noticed that too. good spot.

lol i dig this hat:

135_3584.jpg

rofl.

good info for the non-japanese familiar shopper Panama.

~Foz

migo said:
Haha, "RUSH GUARD"

Don`t expect British english from some of the Japanese sites.

rvcc004-b.jpg

Like I pointed before the shorts above belong to Reversal. I couldn`t find a bigger picture but notice the word: "The Biginning" under the KMA logo.

The first time I saw this model I almost fell to a heart attack. My Japanese friend just moved his head side to side and disapproved after check the short.

I guess it's like people getting random kanji tattoos.

Sean Sherk could have used a Rush Guard though.

migo said:
I guess it's like people getting random kanji tattoos.

Sean Sherk could have used a Rush Guard though.

*gasps* OMG!1111111111 *gasp*

*points at picture*

*bans migo*

~Foz

Using bt sites to distribute copyrighted mma stuff is bad.

Gotta say, those new Inspirit shorts look sick. Definitely thinking about buying a pair of those.

Yea, those new inspirits are really cool. I hope JBC can hook us up.

Back