Social There are more dogs than people under 18 in San Francisco

San Francisco, for example, is home to nearly 150,000 dogs but just 115,000 children under age 18. Farther north, Seattle has more households with cats than with kids. Nationwide, pets outnumber children in apartment buildings. In New York neighborhoods like Long Island City and Williamsburg, wealthy singles have the highest number of pooches per capita.

In a recent Atlantic essay, Derek Thompson wrote about how “America’s urban rebirth is missing a key element: births.” Manhattan’s infant population is projected to halve in 30 years. High-density cities are losing families with children over age six, while growing their populations of college-educated residents without children. Indeed, the share of children under 20 living in big cities has been falling for 40 years.

Young professionals’ four-legged friends have replaced those babies. While statistics are spotty, the cultural signs of a shift toward the parenting of pets in major cities are evident in apartment ads, park design, retail mixes, and the explosion of services catering to the “fur-baby economy.” In the absence of kids, a dog or cat serves as something like a starter family. Young Americans dote on their pets with the care once reserved for children, with lavish birthday presents or “family portraits” on Instagram.

https://www.city-journal.org/pet-ownership-over-children-cities

Click link for full article.

--------------------------------------------------------

This really gets to the core of liberalism's weakness: it simply does not place any value on the family & community. The only things that really matter in liberal societies are pleasure & money. But how can a country be sustained with those hollow 'values'? Quite simply, they can't. The left will argue that the solution is immigration, not realising that the countries which the immigrants are brought in from are some of the most conservative on the planet, thus proving the point that a liberal country simply cannot sustain itself and needs a conservative, religious culture to constantly supply new people.

This also raises the question of how will the culture of the accepting country change due to large-scale immigration from deeply religious, socially conservative countries? Immigrants from Africa & Asia, particularly Muslim countries, are the least accepting of secularism, casual sex, abortion, gay marriage, feminism & transgenderism, so how does the left plan to keep alive its 'values' in the face of massive demographic transformation? This conflict was exposed in full in a school in Birmingham (UK), a city with a large Muslim population. The school, which has an almost entirely Muslim demographic, introduced a new curriculum which included teaching the children about homosexuality & transgenderism. The backlash was swift and bold: the Muslims weren't having any of it. They utterly refused to give an inch to the leftist drive to indoctrinate the minds of the young. The result: decisive Muslim victory.

So what future does liberalism really have in the West, if liberal Westerners can't even be bothered to bring new life into the world, to pass on their 'values' to?

Yeah, and ? Kids are the worst.

Personal responsibility, how awful. Truly a thing conservatives can't stand. Better have 8 kids right?
8 kids means 8 vulnerable minds to indoctrinate with your bullshit ideology according to the TS. When you can't convince rational adults, this is the only option remaining.

Yeah we're doing it all wrong. Promoting the wrong people, the wrong behavior, the wrong system of ethics. It might be orchestrated. I'm not sure.

Far-left freaks don't tend to breed as much, so never forget that the way they "reproduce" is through indoctrinating YOUR children. Hence Drag Queen Story Time and some of the other perverted mind-fucks that kids are subjected to these days.
Or wall jumpers because voters.

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5/rankings
Can you spot the first Muslim nation on this list of highest murders per capita?

Hint: It's way down there at #33. Nearly every nation above it is majority Christian. Is anyone on this forum stupid enough to conclude all Christian nations are "shit" because of this?

Yeah, CHRISTIANITY is the reason all those countries have sky-high murder rates.

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

Life in Morocco, Malaysia or the Maldives is undoubtedly better than anything near the vicinity of whatever shithole you dwell in.

I'm from Britain, and Muslims are always leaving their own countries to live in Britain. But as a result, Britain is going down the drain. So if my country is a shithole, well...

I mention them in particular because it seems to be an obsession with you Great Replacement authoritarians who have nightmares of a blackening planet.

I'm against Europe becoming part of Africa & the middle east. That's happening due to mass immigration into Europe. Replacement migration isn't a theory, it's a fact. The UN wrote an article about it about 20 years ago, and lo-and-behold we see Europe is being flooded by the third world which can only harm Europe. Africa's population is projected to be between 3-4 billion by the end of this century. Are they all going to stay in Africa? Nope. We all know where a large % of them are going to go.

Judging by the state of every single black-majority country, I'd say it's a legitimate fear to have, of a "blackening planet" as you call it.

And don't use words you don't know the definition of i.e. "authoritarians".

even White British women still have a higher fertility rate than Russia and Poland.

Evidence needed.

So, it's not accurate to say that the reason the UK has a higher rate is purely because of Muslims and other immigrants.

Yes, it is.

I'm a little confused here, you are claiming that Poland and Russia are liberal?

They're certainly not as liberal as western Europe or America and Canada, but they're in no way a conservative haven like is often made out.

I thought you defined liberalism as, in part, wanting mass muslim immigration, yet Poland for instance have practically none.

When have I ever defined liberalism in that way? Anyway, I've already said eastern Europe isn't as liberal as western Europe. It's liberal, but they haven't completely gone off the deep end (yet). They still reject transgenderism, gay pride parades and haven't completely opened the doors to the rest of the world. But I expect it to happen.

What about Hungary then, are they liberal?

ALL of Europe is liberal, it just differs from country to country.

They have an even lower birth rate (1). I wonder which countries you would consider conservative, Saudi Arabia? You have to clarify this point.

There isn't a single conservative European/Western country. Socially conservative countries are all outside of Europe. Obviously Saudi Arabia is one of them, but I don't consider their extreme brand of conservatism (which is based on Islam) to be desirable. I want a country that is socially conservative, but doesn't go to the extreme like countries like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc etc.

Saying the same thing doesn't make it true just because you say it. You have to show evidence for your claim. There's an argument there, but it requires more work and if you did want to know the underlying mechanisms it would appear to me that you would understand how multifaceted the issue is. Arguing that capitalism is the reason why birth rates are declining would probably be an easier one.

Capitalism is a huge part of it. Capitalism & liberalism go hand-in-hand.

My point still stands: liberalism is unable to sustain itself and liberals themselves understand this, which is why they believe importing immigrants in will help offset the effects of a low birthrate. But these immigrants are the least accepting of liberal 'values'.

I see no problem with this. I don't believe people "should" have children. To many people are having kids they can't afford or give the time of day. They just creating more fuck up people.
Plus we need to decrease the population of this world. It's important we industrialize, modernize and secularize the 3rd world. It will reduce migration and pressure on the environment.

You know I actually agree with OP to an extent. Obviously he hates Muslims and I am one so yeah some tension there but in general I think there's truth to the idea that modern liberal values are anathema to so called "family values" due to the emphasis on individualism, consumerism, and hedonism. If the point of your life is to accumulate wealth to spend on stuff and experiences then why on earth would you have a child? Its expensive and time consuming and gets in the way of your vacations to Europe or your yoga classes or whatever else these people think are more important.

Its a world view that eschews any kind of duty to family which is also why the elderly are increasingly confined to spend their last years in old folks homes surrounded by strangers. You also see it in the heinous way in which people try to justify this sleepwalk towards demographic Armageddon by appealing to environmentalism; the idea being that we're so unwilling to even consider letting go of some of our creature comforts that we'd rather just decrease the world's population instead. Its nonsensical of course, even if we all have one kid at best the world cannot support American levels of consumption and resource depletion if everyone on the planet had access to that lifestyle. Meanwhile the footprint of the Amish communities, despite their 8 kids or whatever, is probably dwarfed by the San Fran yuppie couple.

You know I actually agree with OP to an extent. Obviously he hates Muslims and I am one so yeah some tension there but in general I think there's truth to the idea that modern liberal values are anathema to so called "family values" due to the emphasis on individualism, consumerism, and hedonism. If the point of your life is to accumulate wealth to spend on stuff and experiences then why on earth would you have a child? Its expensive and time consuming and gets in the way of your vacations to Europe or your yoga classes or whatever else these people think are more important.

Its a world view that eschews any kind of duty to family which is also why the elderly are increasingly confined to spend their last years in old folks homes surrounded by strangers. You also see it in the heinous way in which people try to justify this sleepwalk towards demographic Armageddon by appealing to environmentalism; the idea being that we're so unwilling to even consider letting go of some of our creature comforts that we'd rather just decrease the world's population instead. Its nonsensical of course, even if we all have one kid at best the world cannot support American levels of consumption and resource depletion if everyone on the planet had access to that lifestyle. Meanwhile the footprint of the Amish communities, despite their 8 kids or whatever, is probably dwarfed by the San Fran yuppie couple.

It's the liberals who are always crying about man's negative impact on the environment who love to travel the most, thus producing the most carbon emissions. They never seem to see the irony/hypocrisy in that. And they love stuffing their faces at restaurants, thus further harming the environment. There's more than enough land to feed the people of the world and we shouldn't need to ever worry about it. All we need to do is simply eat less. But that would mean a load of restaurants shutting down, which would upset the city dwellers greatly. And what would they have going on in their lives, without a million different restaurants to eat at, constant wanderlusting and other vapid bullshit.

Awesome news. The world is overpopulated anyways.

Don't tell me that TS is one of those morons that marry at 21 and have like 5 children by the age of 30.

These tools are obsessed with California and places like San Fran while their rural
States are a complete dump, have the lowest test scores, receive the most federal money from places like California and also have some of America’s fattest citizens.
So you're saying fuck black people right?

I see no problem with this. I don't believe people "should" have children. To many people are having kids they can't afford or give the time of day. They just creating more fuck up people.
Plus we need to decrease the population of this world. It's important we industrialize, modernize and secularize the 3rd world. It will reduce migration and pressure on the environment.
Hey Mr Gates!

It's the liberals who are always crying about man's negative impact on the environment who love to travel the most, thus producing the most carbon emissions. They never seem to see the irony/hypocrisy in that. And they love stuffing their faces at restaurants, thus further harming the environment. There's more than enough land to feed the people of the world and we shouldn't need to ever worry about it. All we need to do is simply eat less. But that would mean a load of restaurants shutting down, which would upset the city dwellers greatly. And what would they have going on in their lives, without a million different restaurants to eat at, constant wanderlusting and other vapid bullshit.
That's the other side of the coin of sustainability, demand. Normally the current discourse doesn't touch it with a ten foot pole, instead spending countless effort trying to figure out how we can meet current demand for electricity and food and other things through sustainable means instead of ever considering the idea that perhaps we could reduce demand in conjunction with increasing the supply of renewable essentials.

Its why demographic decline is seen as the obvious solution, because these people would rather march towards a Children of Men style dystopia than question their current lifestyle.

Well, the plan to genocide the West is going according to plan. The Great Replacement is well underway.

Fucking hell man, you post nothing but garbage. The great replacement? Who the hell is preventing you from having children? Oh right, no woman wants anything to do with your miserable ass.

Show me where I am wrong and why?
Well for one your authoritarian demeanor isn't going to help anything. For two everything you said is pretty fucked up. You're advocating taking away different basic human rights.

Back