There are less and less Conor haters

I feel like there is going to be 1000x more of these threads before the fight but I'll say this again.

Conor McGregor 100 million - All other fighters in UFC combined income 20 or 30~ million

The man glitched marketing in the UFC and got rich as fuck doing it. Regardless of fighting talent or of his defending of belts nobody has done shit like Conor.

You idiots just don’t get it, do you?

We don’t hate Conor.

We hate you.

We hate cock gobbling, hero worshipping, irrational fools.
But you easy marks are fun to get a rise out of.
Conor Bless your bum, hateful soul

Finally the press has had a chance to step back and look at McGregor's accomplishments objectively, without the distraction of his superstardom, over the top rhetoric, etc. And the truth is that he has signed to fight the toughest opponents, never pulls out, and has one of the most impressive records in the organization, with victories over Holloway, Poirier, Mendes, Aldo, and Alvarez. And not just decisions, but one sided, devastating beatdowns against these world class opponents.

I remember a few months ago when Khabib won the belt there was this idea going around amongst the haters that Conor would never fight Khabib despite him being the obvious choice, instead favoring a rubber match against Diaz that no one wants to see. The idea was dead in the water to begin with yet still people believed it. Now that the fight is signed these people have even less credibility.

Protected, spoon fed, given favorable circumstances for the most difficult fights.

I'm still a hater of a "champion" who never defends any of his titles. My prediction is that Conor will do what Conor has always done - take a fight for the huge purse he can squeeze out of Dana. Same thing this time, Conor doesn't care if he wins or loses as long as he gets a boatload of money for showing up - and he always does.

I've watched all of McGregor's fights since his fight with Holloway just 5 short years ago, and knew even then what now nobody denies - that he's an elite, world-class MMA fighter. For a long time he never got enough credit, and was perceived by a significant portion of MMA fans as untested - a sort of one-dimensional brawler with knockout power yes, but ultimately not skilled enough to compete amongst the top 5. This same stupid narrative held out even through defeating Aldo, and wasn't truly buried until he moved up in weight and made Eddie Alvarez look like an amateur.

Now it's taken for granted that McGregor is elite. The only question is whether he is GOAT-level.

Look out for another long layoff for Conor after he gets smashed by Khabib, probably a layoff that will last Conor forever this time.

Nobody seems to mention that conor won the belt from a champion. Khabib won it vs ranked 11 iaquinta.

Back