Theory: was Cowboy actually injured?

If you're injured going into a fight, that's your fault. Injuries are a reason to pull out, not the reason you lost.

Cowboy won’t complaint that he lost. Win or lose, he made the biggest paycheck of his entire career. In these 40 seconds he probably made more than in all of his previous fights combined.

This.
Cowboy was unlucky. That is not to say he would have ever won this fight. But he ducks a punch and gets rocked when a leg hits him (it's the shock of this I think stops the takedown), 2 seconds later he has a broken nose from a shoulder. One second later his eye gets fcked up from shoulder bone into orbital. Break. Knee to head. Credit to cowboy he does throw a hard kick here but he is severely compromised and doesn't see mcGregor's head kick, it connects with the foot and is enough to rock him. A flurry of clean punches above the ear (same place andy ruiz found joshua in the first fight) and he's down and out.

it all happened so fast, one thing after another. Everything went wrong for cowboy.
Source that nose and orbital broken?

His own fault if he came into the octagon whilst injured plus imho there's no need for this sort of speculation as he was rocked within a couple seconds of the fight. It would be different if the fight lasted longer or if Cowboy wasn't notoriously bad for being finished quickly...or if Conor wasn't a proven finisher.

Donald Cerrone is an absolutely disgrace of a man and "fighter"

I’m sure a lot of you saw this Embedded video ahead of the McGregor vs Cowboy bout: .

I know we will never find out the truth but do you actually think there is a chance that Cowboy was injured going into the fight? And that he was just looking for an easy and quick way out because of an injury? Obviously, he wasn’t going to withdraw knowing how much money he was going to make for fighting McGregor.

I just can’t go around the fact that he did not expect Conor pressuring forward from the very start. He didn’t try to keep it at a distance knowing Conor’s strengths. What was Cerrone’s gameplan for this fight?

Aren’t ALL fighters “injured” to some degree, or another, prior to entering the cage?

At least that’s what fighters, camps, Rogan, Goldie, and Dana have been telling us for ages!

I just can’t go around the fact that he did not expect Conor pressuring forward from the very start. He didn’t try to keep it at a distance knowing Conor’s strengths. What was Cerrone’s gameplan for this fight?

TS, can you name 2 fights where Cowboy game planned. Excluding Al I. Although Cowboy kept Al I at range with his jab, Al I never did anything to dictate range. Almost like Till v Gastelum.

Or fuck it, just for fun I'll give you Al I. Can you name 1 other fight where Cowboy clearly had a specific game plan for that specific opponent?

And BTW, there are also many interviews from yesteryear where Cowboy famously says "I don't game plan". So I'm not trying to take credit for making this idea up on the fly here.

Now for the record, I'm not saying he was or wasn't hurt. I'm just telling you that he may very well have gone in w/o a gameplan, and if so that would be very typical for this particular (atypical) fighter.

I do believe he was injured but the dude doesn't pull out of fights regardless, same with Conor. Plenty of people fight injured and still win in impressive fashion, if you pull out every time you get injured you'll end up like Cain/Cruz and never fight.

Just the fact he got wrecked 3 months is enough. Dude shouldnt even be sparring this short a period after, most less fighting

This.
I think this aspect gets a little overlooked. He was brutally knocked out only 4 months before the Conor fight (for the second time in a row). Taking that fight was nonsense in these circumstances.

Cowboy folding like a cheap tent has happen plenty of times so it wasnt anything new.

This.
I think this aspect gets a little overlooked. He was brutally knocked out only 4 months before the Conor fight (for the second time in a row). Taking that fight was nonsense in these circumstances.

Watch, he’ll probably fight again in June or July.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back