Theory: was Cowboy actually injured?

zippo88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I’m sure a lot of you saw this Embedded video ahead of the McGregor vs Cowboy bout: .

I know we will never find out the truth but do you actually think there is a chance that Cowboy was injured going into the fight? And that he was just looking for an easy and quick way out because of an injury? Obviously, he wasn’t going to withdraw knowing how much money he was going to make for fighting McGregor.

I just can’t go around the fact that he did not expect Conor pressuring forward from the very start. He didn’t try to keep it at a distance knowing Conor’s strengths. What was Cerrone’s gameplan for this fight?

No. I think what happened was he got smashed in the face during the first encounter and it went downhill from there.

No. I think what happened was he got smashed in the face during the first encounter and it went downhill from there.

Yeah, Cowboy didn’t try to defend in that first clinch.

This.
Cowboy was unlucky. That is not to say he would have ever won this fight. But he ducks a punch and gets rocked when a leg hits him (it's the shock of this I think stops the takedown), 2 seconds later he has a broken nose from a shoulder. One second later his eye gets fcked up from shoulder bone into orbital. Break. Knee to head. Credit to cowboy he does throw a hard kick here but he is severely compromised and doesn't see mcGregor's head kick, it connects with the foot and is enough to rock him. A flurry of clean punches above the ear (same place andy ruiz found joshua in the first fight) and he's down and out.

it all happened so fast, one thing after another. Everything went wrong for cowboy.

Yep, his foot was a balloon. And according to conor fans that’s a legitimate excuse.

Just the fact he got wrecked 3 months ago is enough. Dude shouldnt even be sparring this short a period after, most less fighting

Last edited:
He's been on the receiving end of 3 pretty substantial beatings recently, this last one if he was in fact injured was for the big payday.

He needs to take some time off.

It's definitely not crazy to think Cerrone would happily go in with an injury. He has probably done so before. Why would he pass out on that pay day. More than likely it was just training exhaustion in the limp though.

He was literally KO'd in the first round of his very last fight.

Conor didn't want to fight that fellow.

FFS there is no conspiracy, it was the 5th time he was folded in the first round, 6th if you count the Masvidal fight where he got KOd twice.

I wondered about this. I read Cowboy was seen limping before the fight. And there's no way he'd pull out of this fight, because he knows if he did he'd likely never get this fight offered to him again.

kXeyS6P.jpg

If you're injured going into a fight, that's your fault. Injuries are a reason to pull out, not the reason you lost.

well he certainly was after the fight anyway

100% injured i don't think so. A broken nose takes a lot of time to heal and if you keep taking a lot of punishment it might get broke again.

Back