The Young Turks Praise/Promote Antifa

They use to deny the Armenian genocide, no so, they are not respected.
That was specifically Cenk Uygur from before he founded TYT. It was certainly never the position of Armenian Ana Kasparian or anyone else who works there. He's changed his sociopolitical views since then. But the main point is that they're an emerging voice on the left with Justice Democrats and Wolf-PAC and all the elected officials they're starting to produce, like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

That was specifically Cenk Uygur from before he founded TYT. It was certainly never the position of Armenian Ana Kasparian or anyone else who works there. He's changed his sociopolitical views since then. But the main point is that they're an emerging voice on the left with Justice Democrats and Wolf-PAC and all the elected officials they're starting to produce, like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Cenk is TYT.

You realise denying that is like being a former holocaust denier with all the racist baggage that goes with it? How is it acceptable? Is there no line?

Cenk is TYT.

You realise denying that is like being a former holocaust denier with all the racist baggage that goes with it? How is it acceptable? Is there no line?
Before TYT, Cenk was a Turkish immigrant who denied the Armenian genocide and had right-wing views in general. His genocide denial no doubt came from his family and background. He had some new experiences and his views changed, including on the genocide. Not sure how that reflects on the other TYT members.

Well this is how the Italian police deal with antifa...

Didn't watch. I'm just going to assume they did the same thing as Italian military and put down their rifles and surrender.

Didn't watch. I'm just going to assume they did the same thing as Italian military and put down their rifles and surrender.
I've got some Canadian army rifles for sale. Never been fired and only dropped once.

<JonesLaugh>

I've got some Canadian army rifles for sale. Never been fired and only dropped once.

<JonesLaugh>
A buddy of mine used to say that's why Italian rifles were the most sought after ww2 memorabilia.

are they.....pundits?

i dont know, as counter productive as it can get around here, i'd rather shoot the shit with you goofballs then ever give more than a few seconds here or there to any of these shit stirring profiteers on cnn, fox, or anywhere else.

if it needs spelling out, condemn them for this.

Last edited:
So, basically, TYT is saying the reason police are protecting the ~24 white supremacists surrounded by thousands of counter-protesters is basically because the government supports their white supremacy? And the reason police get into shit with BLM is because they are against white supremacy?

Ooooooookay.

I know that people (both on the left and the right) can be pretty biased, but this level of horse shit is hard to even watch.

Those pundits aren't getting people elected into Congress. We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

I don't disagree that pundits don't get people elected. Not sure the relevance of that to the discussion. I'm saying that very few people care what TYT think about anything. There are pundits whose views are paid attention to, but not TYT. And thus, I think it makes no sense to judge a political movement by their views. It would be like if someone said, "I think climate science is a hoax and that a higher percentage of our nation's wealth should go to rich people than it currently does, but I don't like David Duke so I'm not a conservative."

I don't disagree that pundits don't get people elected. Not sure the relevance of that to the discussion. I'm saying that very few people care what TYT think about anything. There are pundits whose views are paid attention to, but not TYT. And thus, I think it makes no sense to judge a political movement by their views. It would be like if someone said, "I think climate science is a hoax and that a higher percentage of our nation's wealth should go to rich people than it currently does, but I don't like David Duke so I'm not a conservative."
You raise some good points. However, how many young people are paying attention to these pundits? I think a lot more are following TYT, and they're starting to turn that into political capital. I think you're ignoring that aspect a bit too much.

You raise some good points. However, how many young people are paying attention to these pundits? I think a lot more are following TYT, and they're starting to turn that into political capital. I think you're ignoring that aspect a bit too much.

Not many young people follow politics at all, unfortunately. I think a smart, curious person is going to quickly get bored with TYT and seek out more serious stuff (or switch to video games or movies or something).

I've noted this before but only about the top 4th or 5th of most-informed voters even knows enough to have an ideology. Most people just identify the people who they feel an affinity with and then form positions based on partisanship. Look at the dizzying switches on issues from Republicans (who are disproportionately represented in that bottom 80%) in the Trump era. I'd say that we should be worried if presidential candidates, governors, or Congressional leaders start defending political violence, or if more respected pundits do (that would be the step before people with actual influence go that route). On the left, it's a complete non-concern, though I think we're getting closer on the right.

Back