The "You have a Virus" Pop-Up Ads are offensive and stupid

jamison said:
Hey Fucktard, I made the post because you're to stupid to post in the OT. Moron. i see you've posted 1500 times since April, and you still can't figure this out? You're a troll.

You posted because I'm stupid. What do you do when I'm not around, post because other people are stupid?

I guess you're option B then and posted because you just like to chew people out.

http://www.mozilla.org/

free download firefox 1.07

its an internet browser like internet explorer but its faster has automatic pob up blocker. jus overall made better than internet explorer less chances of getting virus.

zAd - said:

its an internet browser like internet explorer but its faster has automatic pob up blocker. jus overall made better than internet explorer less chances of getting virus.

WOW THANKS

TheHumungus said:
Sherdog depends on its userbase for income, yet it insults us with these horrible pop-up ads that doubtlessly want to install spyware on my computer.

Doesn't seem smart to me.
Yes is very offensive and it annoy the hell out of me.

I dont get any here .. I get the pop up your talking about on insidefighting.com ... the you may have a virus one .. spk 2 comes with a pop up blocker maybe that is why most people dont get pop ups here but you do

i've never noticed any popups on Sherdog. Maybe because i've always had the google toolbar installed which has a builtin popup blocker. I know its not the best for popups but the search bar is darn useful. But goes to show, even a simple run of the mill free popupblocker is enough to make sure you never seen one on sherdog.

zAd - said:

That's one opinion. I think anyone that gets popups in Internet Explorer has a system so out of date they have more to worry about than popups.

Firefox with the adblock extension rules.

I too am annoyed by some of Sherdogs latest ads though.... For one, you can't really "surf" the fightfinder anymore as those adpages appear far too often. Sometimes I get them three times in a row (before going to my requested page).

TheHumungus said:
Sherdog depends on its userbase for income, yet it insults us with these horrible pop-up ads that doubtlessly want to install spyware on my computer.

Doesn't seem smart to me.

i dont get them either. You have spyware already!

It absolutely does look bad on Sherdog. I don't get the ads, but I have seen them before. If I was running a site like Sherdog, I'd say to them, Hey, wtf are you doing running deceiving ads for? Don't be trying to trick my members.

TheHumungus said:
Yeah but then I'll feel like I paid to listen to 20 white belts tell me this shit after having not read my thread.

:icon_chee

I get ebay pop ups here now and then. I have Avast anti virus, so Im not worried, but it does get annoying.

Buy Platinum Membership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back