The year is 2006. Chuck Liddell vs Mirko Cro-Cop @ HW in Pride. Who wins?

Cro Cop was actually a great striker. Therefore, Cro Cop by domination.

Cro Cop would be the favorite and deservedly so, but Chuck has the ability to knock him out.

Horn may not have been the most deserving challenger, but he was red-hot at the time. I'm not gonna deny that they probably put this fight together to give Chuck a clean slate in the UFC. But they had few options.

I remember when that was going on, and a LOT of sherdoggers were picking Horn to win. They probably won't admit it now, but they did.

Prime Cro Cop destroys any Liddell. Bigger, kicks way harder, more powerful in general and simply a better striker.

CC wins most times than not. But Lidell could KO anyone so he'd have that.

But overall, I'd take CC without a second thought. He was just sooooo damn fast and powerful and skilled. His kicks were just too fast. Don't forget that it was his trademark, yet many fighters still got caught with it, until his kicks got slower.

I mean:

cro-cop-ko-s-vovchanchyn-o.gif

Don't forget that it was his trademark, yet many fighters still got caught with it, until his kicks got slower.

Same could be said about Chuck's overhand right, though.
Neither guy's game plans were ever a secret. It was always to just knock the other guys head off. Their opponents always knew what was coming, but both guys were still able to keep doing it, over and over again.

And hell yeah dude I always loved that gif ^

People talking about Mirko having a weak chin has no clue what they're saying. He has a weak chin now, yes. But before? Hell no. He ate clean shots from hard-hitting guys and didn't even wobble. The only thing is when he did get floored, he didn't really have great recovery.

Cro Cop would've murdered Chuck Liddell in their primes. It would be a mismatch. Wanderlei vs Liddell would've been a much more fun fight

Same could be said about Chuck's overhand right, though.
Neither guy's game plans were ever a secret. It was always to just knock the other guys head off. Their opponents always knew what was coming, but both guys were still able to keep doing it, over and over again.

And hell yeah dude I always loved that gif ^

I'm a PRIDE guy, but Chuck impressed the sh*t out of me. He had an amazing career. Amazing.

People talking about Mirko having a weak chin has no clue what they're saying. He has a weak chin now, yes. But before? Hell no. He ate clean shots from hard-hitting guys and didn't even wobble. The only thing is when he did get floored, he didn't really have great recovery.

Cro Cop would've murdered Chuck Liddell in their primes. It would be a mismatch. Wanderlei vs Liddell would've been a much more fun fight

CC's chin weak?:) LOL. Not only was his chin very solid, but his evasion was siiiiiiiiiiiick. In the first round vs f*cking Fedor, he vas evading huge punches. He also took some bombs in that fight, but was OK.

I agree , probably a violent head kick :D
Bad matchup for the iceman.

It fair to say Mirko should be the heavy favourite here. Bigger, stronger, and he was really in his prime. Ofcourse so was Chuck, and therefore he would have a chance because of his fighting style. His counters could end anybody. But the thing is, Chuck

lol at all the tuf noobs bringing up wand vs cro cop and acting like they only fought once.

i'd go with mirko in the ring and chuck in the cage but it would be competitive either way imo.

Mirko by headkick, round two.

OWGP Mirko was unstoppable. Mirko was on fire in 06. I dont think there was a fighter alive that could have challenged him at that time. He looked invincible against Wand and Barnett.

well in pride Crocop wins.

Like his manager has publicly commented, often Crocop would be the benefactor of a bait-n-switch, like when he fought Heath Herring. He trained for 4 months while Heath trained for a wrestler and was informed 10 days before that he'd fight Crocop.

One year after winning the GP he transitioned to the UFC and flopped in sanctioned in MMA.

In Pride though, not many would beat Crocop.

that's inaccurate. Dana didn't do that. I'm not trying to single you out, but I see ridiculous statements like this often regarding Dana. Chuck fought Couture (won the belt), Horn, Couture, Babalu, Tito, Quinton (lost it). Every fighter was the absolute top contender in the UFC, except for Horn.

Horn may not have been the most deserving challenger, but he was red-hot at the time. I'm not gonna deny that they probably put this fight together to give Chuck a clean slate in the UFC. But they had few options.

actually Horn had a win over Liddell. This fight was booked for Chuck to avenge his loss more than anything else.

Avenging losses was a popular gimmick for for booking back in the days.

Back