The Wrestler's Body

WTF.

First . . . really confused person to read that and wonder why the heck you thought that interesting.

It is just so far off of the practical aspect of the sport. I read the chapter you suggested as well as skimmed some others and the author really comes off (to me at least) as a typical pointy headed intellectual who had to write a scholarly paper about something and this is what he came up with.

I've seen some Indian wrestling and it seemed fairly interesting but this monograph was pretty esoteric.

It is just so far off of the practical aspect of the sport. I read the chapter you suggested as well as skimmed some others and the author really comes off (to me at least) as a typical pointy headed intellectual who had to write a scholarly paper about something and this is what he came up with.

I've seen some Indian wrestling and it seemed fairly interesting but this monograph was pretty esoteric.
I think the author is just trying to touch base with all aspects of the sport, including the spiritual.

Yeah but he used too many big words. We all know cauliflower ear causes hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

Back