The WRAP - Wario Ranting About Podcasts

Listened to the new 83 Weeks podcast with Conrad and Bischoff. First episode was ok. Conrad broke his balls a bit but was holding back a lot, you could tell that it's a feeling out process. Was interesting to hear some specifics about $ amounts and shit that you don't really get with the Prichard show, but it isn't as enjoyable as that podcast or WHW Mondays just because Bischoff is soooo damn unlikable. Just a smug prick. I'll continue to listen, although I have a feeling that this one may not last all that long.

Keep reporting on that, I just can’t stand listening to Bischoff.

Postwrestling BS:

“**For $12+ members of the POST Wrestling Café, we have a new video discussing the month of April for POST Wrestling, our coverage of the Greatest Royal Rumble and feedback received, plans for May and other notes.“

That’s more expensive than the Network, Observer or Torch VIP.

The first episode of 83 Weeks was pretty good. I thought Eric was likeable and I love when all of Conrad's co-hosts get stuck into Dave Meltzer.

Yea the first episode of 83 Weeks was great
Bischoffs line about trying to entertain Meltzer was hilarious
The line about booking Melters mother was a little too much though, even Conrad seemed to get uncomfortable for a second

I thought the first 83 Weeks was ok, but the second one was FIRE! All about the Fingerpoke of Doom. Bischoff is a dick but he was delivering the goods here, a ton of stories about this angle and this era. Or maybe a lot of this stuff is common knowledge to some of you guys who read dirtsheets but it was all news to me. Crazy to think that Goldberg went from making a half mill in 98 to over 5 million in 99! At least E didn't try to defend the "butts in the seats" line he fed Tony.

Listened to the first episode of 83 weeks and thought it was great. Gonna listen to the second one tomorrow. Should be fun.

Second episode was indeed very good. I think Bisch just about buried the entire world. He made a spirited defence of the FPOD, but I gotta disagree with him on that. He and that Conrad dude have good chemistry.

I like the podcast with Booker T saying Hogan has paid his dues.

It’s not like Hogan went on live tv and did this

I like Konnan Keeping it 100.

Oh Cultaholic is so bad.

Just some drunk Brits talking shit.

No work. No insight. Just get drunk and talk.

Best podcast-
Post Wrestling (fallout of the LAW). They instantly review Raw, Smackdown, and each PPV for free. I haven't tried any of the Patreon stuff, and probably wouldn't bother as the free ones are the only shows I'd really listen to

LIstenable with the right guest-

Jericho- He definitely has a radio command vibe to the show. Is a little too agreeable with guests if they like / dislike something as he won't go against them. Jericho has been around so long, he usually has some funny anecdote for time on the road with the guest. He's generally more entertaining than not, and I also dig the Metal guests.

Edge & Christian- they're definitely funny. Can be a bit Edgy sometimes, which is also funny. They are definitely "schticky" so you need to be in the mood.

Austin- unlistenable with non wrestling guests and his before interview banter/filler is terrible. He'll do 15 minutes on a deer count, or trying to get a garden hose working. With good guests, he gets a rythm, but can come across as a guy who tries hard to be a hard hitting wrestling interviewer. This sometimes results in great answers from the guests. Lost a litlle crediblity with me when he keeps calling every single guest a hell of a worker. Beefcake is not the ring general Austin makes him out to be. Still, Austin is funny, has great stories, and he has some balls in the interviews.

Ones I gave up on (so I don't know if they still exist)-

JR- Gave him one show. I can't stand his voice and his lazy takes. Totally uninteresting.

Tazz- Found him entertaining to start but Tazz kept hijacking his own momentum to hit his co-host with zingers. "hold on hold on... you got heat with me now ya jabroni" then a 10 minute sidebar on some nothing issue between the two of them

Colt Cabana- Maybe the best Podcast host of all of them, but I think he just ran out of guests. I heard a Podcast where he said it was going to be more of a diary of his indies journey from here on out. Not the format I want to hear, but I understand the necessity of it.

For what it's worth- the two best, must-listen guests for me are X-Pac and Raven. Was never a huge fan of either, but they are both great interviewees. Gallows and Anderson were funny on Austin's podcast as well. I'm going to seek out more of them.

Fuller has a great podcast episode about Ron Wright. Ron is probably my favorite wrestler apart from Cesaro.

Back