The WRAP - Wario Ranting About Podcasts

Loved History In The Making
Matt Farmer really did a great job with the research and detailed storytelling
The Jim Barnett episode was my favorite, man I wish he woulda wrote a book, his life story is basically the history of pro wrestling

You listen to all these but dont listen to the 6:05?
Haha--I've listened in a few times (usually when Cornette's on), but it covers an era of wrestling that I unfortunately missed, so a lot of the content is lost on me.

That being said, it's an excellent show, and it's insane how much effort Last puts into each episode.

Pollock just left the LAW!
Holy shit.

Wonder what happened. My guess would be (like Helwani a decade ago) greener pastures elsewhere.

I had a job interview last year at Anthem / The Fight Network, and it wasn't revealed to me until the end (after a tour + basically an implied agreement to work together) that they weren't planning on paying me. Now Jarrett says the company's on life support.

Investing in TNA when both companies were dying was the height of stupidity.

Holy shit.

Wonder what happened. My guess would be (like Helwani a decade ago) greener pastures elsewhere.

I had a job interview last year at Anthem / The Fight Network, and it wasn't revealed to me until the end (after a tour + basically an implied agreement to work together) that they weren't planning on paying me. Now Jarrett says the company's on life support.

Investing in TNA when both companies were dying was the height of stupidity.

I can’t figure out how LAW made money. Some local Canadian ads?

I can’t figure out how LAW made money. Some local Canadian ads?
Yeah—I think they were getting a good licensing fee when they were on Sirius, and then when they came back to terrestrial radio on TSN, it was an ad-supported program.

My guess is that the LAW probably wasn't a big revenue generator for Anthem (and likely was just sustainable enough to pay the hosts / production costs), but it's big imprint in the wrestling podcasting community was worth having it around due to its outreach.

It was interesting when Anthem bought TNA at a time when the whole wrestling community was shitting on the company, and the awkward position that the Anthem-owned LAW was put in, but to their credit, the LAW guys told it as it was with the product. I wonder if that played a factor to what eventually led to today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sad about the LAW because I always used to listen to RAW & SD breakdowns in the morning while watching the WWE and YT video clips. I’d maybe grab a torrent of an episode if it sounded really good. Now I won’t fucking know what’s going on without the full shit.

Oh look what I found

Waiting and Pollock RAW 31.10.2017 review!

Updated, bumped.

If you have any good shows, let me know.

Mentioned it once in the thread. Killing the town have that Bam Bam Bigelow tribute up now. Will listen later.

I'm not a regular listener of Jericho's show but I have to say that he's a damn good interviewer. One thing that he's really good at is bringing up an anecdote about himself in the context of what his guest is talking about - like "when I was working in Japan in the 90s it was like this" or "when I first got to WWE the guys were like that" etc - without hijacking the conversation and making it all about him. He seems to know exactly when and what to say to draw more interesting stuff out of his subjects.

Stone Cold on the other hand, he fuckin interrupts his guests to tell the same stories he tells every episode. Like he'll ask a guy "who trained you?" The guy will start answering and then Austin will tell the same story about training with Chris Adams that he tells every episode. Where did you work when you were breaking in? Austin will interrupt the guy to tell him about his early days in Memphis. Rinse, repeat for an hour, every damn episode that I've listened to. Austin's podcast is shit.

I'm not a regular listener of Jericho's show but I have to say that he's a damn good interviewer. One thing that he's really good at is bringing up an anecdote about himself in the context of what his guest is talking about - like "when I was working in Japan in the 90s it was like this" or "when I first got to WWE the guys were like that" etc - without hijacking the conversation and making it all about him. He seems to know exactly when and what to say to draw more interesting stuff out of his subjects.

Stone Cold on the other hand, he fuckin interrupts his guests to tell the same stories he tells every episode. Like he'll ask a guy "who trained you?" The guy will start answering and then Austin will tell the same story about training with Chris Adams that he tells every episode. Where did you work when you were breaking in? Austin will interrupt the guy to tell him about his early days in Memphis. Rinse, repeat for an hour, every damn episode that I've listened to. Austin's podcast is shit.

Piper killer's podcast was like 65% boring ranch stories, 30% shilling shit (hipster beer, new tv shows, ads) and 5% interviews.

Shoutout to the WrestleTalk guys on YouTube.

What's the deal with Schiavone's podcast ending soon?

Back