The WORSTand most undeserving "15 mins of fame" fighter?

boom!

Mesi was so over-rated.

I'll also add Chris Arreola in here.. that guy is way out of his league

Come on. Chris has lost two fights and he out of his league. His career is still going and he could still be champ one day. I still have faith in him.

Come on. Chris has lost two fights and he out of his league. His career is still going and he could still be champ one day. I still have faith in him.

I thought he was out of his league before he even lost.. he is off balance when he punches.. he pauses to look at everything he throws.. he doesn't respect the sport enough to get in top shape.

He has a lot of heart and good power, but nothing more...

The only correct answer is Oliver McCall. Fluke KO's Lennox in London and then cries like a woman in the rematch. Disgraceful...
oliver-mccall-crying.jpg

I would say that the guys who intentionally hustled the fans and insulted the sweet science with fabricated matches like Mark Gastineau are the ones who should be put down, if indeed Mark knew they were even fixed. But even with Mark and others like him, I feel they are often innocent victims of shady promoters and the like. Even Leon Spinks, he is simple minded but genuine and likeable. I don't see him being in on the Ali fix, just a pawn in the whole scheme to make Ali a 3x champ.

The only correct answer is Oliver McCall. Fluke KO's Lennox in London and then cries like a woman in the rematch. Disgraceful...
oliver-mccall-crying.jpg

Oliver is just mentally unstable and has a lot of issues. His KO of Lennox was no fluke. And even more amazing to me was the rematch. He stood there and let LENNOX tee off on him with his hands down, and was not KO'ed! I don't know what kind of stuff Oliver is made of, but I hope he gets well, because he was an iron man to take that.

What was disgraceful in the rematch? The guy had a nervous breakdown. Do you have no compassion at all?

Last edited:
oliver-mccall-crying.jpg

McCall was pretty good actually, a perfect gatekeeper to test and see if guys belonged in the upper HW division

Think of all the guys that got more hype then him, he would beat them all for sure
Seldon
Akinwande
Grant
Hide
Mesi
McCline

Just a really dangerous guy to fight, and nothing to gain from beating him

Last edited:
He was up 38-37 on all card.

In the second bout he was down (and down badly) on all of them prior to the DQ.

i stand corrected..thank you very much but of course the bottom line from my statement is that luis santana should have never gotten a title shot in the first place and his "championship" reign was a farce

McCall was pretty good actually, a perfect gatekeeper to test and see if guys belonged in the upper HW division

Think of all the guys that got more hype then him, he would beat them all for sure
Seldon
Akinwande
Grant
Hide
Mesi
McCline

Just a really dangerous guy to fight, and nothing to gain from beating him

he actually did ko both seldon and akinwande in fights but yeah mccall has always been a fighter i can't root against..heavy hands and a top 3 chin for sure but his demons have held him back so much in his career

I thought he was out of his league before he even lost.. he is off balance when he punches.. he pauses to look at everything he throws.. he doesn't respect the sport enough to get in top shape.

He has a lot of heart and good power, but nothing more...

I second this. The HW div is so weak that when an American shows the slightest hint of promise they hype the shit out of him, but the first time I seen Chris I knew he was wasnt going to get close to the Klits.

I don't know.. 2 victories over Vernon Forrest is nothing to spit at..
I liked Mayorga. He was raw, but he was also a stubborn son of a bitch, and I like that in a fighter.

I was surprised that he beat forrest. On the other hand I loved his antics it always made for good drama. I was talking more on the undeserving part of this conversation. With the rape allegations and his antics.

Someone else already said it, but I'm putting my hat in the Chris Arreola ring. He doesn't respect himself or his fans enough to train properly, and as the result shows up bloated and exhausted just by walking up the ring stairs. He has good knockout power, but until he puts his ass in the gym everyday and starts training like a champion, he will never be the champion. When I think of someone being undeserving, I think of whether or not they've worked hard enough to earn their position: he hasn't worked hard enough.

Hasim Rahman

Basically by KO'ing an embarrissingly out of shape Lewis, he kept himself near the top of the HW division for 8 years.

I agree

and..........

Bruce%20Seldon%20-vs-%20Gabe%20Brown_04KR0K9564.jpg

Bruce Seldon

Back