The WORSTand most undeserving "15 mins of fame" fighter?

well over 50% of the answers here make me feel like people don't know shit about boxing

I'll go with Buster Douglas as well, although I wouldn't call him undeserving (he DID beat Mike Tyson). But he didn't do shit prior to winning the title, and even less after. The shape he was in and the performance he gave for the Holyfield fight was nothing short of disgraceful.

Tyson Fury fucking sucks, and yet he gets to fight on showtime?

Lafarrell Bunting was featured on Showtime, Dominick Guinn was featured on Showtime, Malcolm Tann was featured on Showtime.

Lot's of limited fighters get to fight on Showtime... and I haven't even looked at the people brought in to go against the featured fighter.

whenever he decides to step up in competition it's over.

He's 22 years old and 12-0. What level of competition do you actually want him to face? His opposition has continuously increased from taking on a 21-3 (with 20 kos) fighter in his second ever pro fight, to taking on fellow prospect Scott Belshaw (who was 10-1 with an upset loss to Peret) in his 6th, to facing off with John McDermott in his 8th and 11th fights. McDermott may never get beyond domestic level but he'd just beaten Danny Williams twice (whatever the judges said) and for a guy in his 8th fight that's a huge test... that Fury struggled with the first came and passed in the second attempt.

Honestly, I can't think of a HW prospect that's being matched harder outside of Kubrat Pulev. Sam Sexton is close I guess, but that's about it. I mean, in contrast US super prospectDeontay Wilder is 11-0 with 11KOs... and has taklen on 2 fighters with winning records the best of whom (on paper) was 7-1. Compare Fury's competition to say Arreola's in his first 12 fights, Samuel Peter's or, for shits and giggles, Vitali and Wlads. The only current contenders who faced a decent level of competition early are Solis (who has his incredible amateur experience) and Johnson (mainly off the back of his draw with Timur).

On-topic I think whoever mention Breidis Prescott is on the right lines. Outside of Amir Khan he really has no notable wins. He struggled in his fight immediately before Khan (which was featured on US TV) and since the Khan win he hasn't really put anything together. He didn't look good against Toledo prior to the DQ, lost his next two against decent but not special opposition and has now beaten two scrubs.

Another suggestion is Nagy Aguilera. He got a lot of hype off his demolition of Maskaev but then in turn got taken apart by Peter, beat a scrub and lost to a journeyman.

I'll go with Razor Ruddock. He didn't have a jab or a right hand.And when he threw punches, he was off balance.

Check out round one: YouTube - Razor Ruddock vs Bonecrusher Smith [1/3]

You will also notice in rd 2 when Ruddock throws his left hook he is off balance and leaves himself wide open for a counter right.
man some of the choices you guys picked are terrible

ruddock was a legit dangerous fighter far from the worst..he did have the boxing skills...he was an underachiever because he fell in love with his power and "the smash" hookercut and turned himself into a one armed fighter..but he was knocking good fighters the fuck out though

the worst ive seen since i watched boxing is none other than luis santana

known for his 3 fights with terry norris in the mid 90s

first luis gets an undeserved shot at the title...apparently losing convincingly to good fighters such as vinny pazienza, simon brown, crisanto espana, vincent pettway, aaron davis, and glenwood brown and beating 2 lowly fighters in the 5 1/2 years prior to it was good enough to make a fight with the champ

luis wins the wbc light middleweight title from terry on a DQ despite being down on all cards...terry hit him accidentally in the back of the head and luis played it up very unconvincingly..i thought it was some bullshit

in the rematch luis wins it again on DQ and retains the title when terry punched him after the bell after luis got in his face for some reason..this was even worse..it was not even a hard punch but that motherfucker played it up to the point where he actually got carried out on the stretcher...i remember this pissed off my dad and my uncle very much

finally terry manages to KO him in the 3rd fight ends santana's brief flirt with the big time

He didn't make it 15 minutes, but does Peter McNeeley count?

He didn't make it 15 minutes, but does Peter McNeeley count?

hell yeah...i still dont understand how he got that big ppv fight with tyson out of prison....and he lost spectacularly by DQ..after he ko'ed some bums and was in a damn pizza hut commercial so cbs sports decided to sign him to a 6 fight contract and on national TV gets KTFO by journeyman louis monaco who had a record of 3-3-2lol

Michael Grant...he was losing the Golota fight until Golota's mind screwed him over and then he was supposed to be the next big thing to take out Lennox Lewis.

Jeff Lacey
Jorge Gonzales
David Izon
Donny Lalonde
Victor ortiz

not saying they are bad, most bad fighters dont get 15minutes of fame. Just saying they didn't live up to things

the worst ive seen since i watched boxing is none other than luis santana

known for his 3 fights with terry norris in the mid 90s

first luis gets an undeserved shot at the title...apparently losing convincingly to good fighters such as vinny pazienza, simon brown, crisanto espana, vincent pettway, aaron davis, and glenwood brown and beating 2 lowly fighters in the 5 1/2 years prior to it was good enough to make a fight with the champ

luis wins the wbc light middleweight title from terry on a DQ despite being down on all cards...terry hit him accidentally in the back of the head and luis played it up very unconvincingly..i thought it was some bullshit

in the rematch luis wins it again on DQ and retains the title when terry punched him after the bell after luis got in his face for some reason..this was even worse..it was not even a hard punch but that motherfucker played it up to the point where he actually got carried out on the stretcher...i remember this pissed off my dad and my uncle very much

finally terry manages to KO him in the 3rd fight ends santana's brief flirt with the big time

incorrect

incorrect

whats incorrect? he's only one of 2 champions to have won and defended a championship by DQ before losing it and he was an average fighter who beat no one of note outside his "victories" over norris

whats incorrect? he's only one of 2 champions to have won and defended a championship by DQ before losing it and he was an average fighter who beat no one of note outside his "victories" over norris

the bolded part- he was ahead on the scores.

My vote would have to be for Ricardo Mayorga. Especially if we are talking about undeserving.

I don't know.. 2 victories over Vernon Forrest is nothing to spit at..
I liked Mayorga. He was raw, but he was also a stubborn son of a bitch, and I like that in a fighter.

Back