The worst trucks you can buy

I'm looking to buy a new Toyota Tacoma and I ran across these videos. The worst NEW trucks you can buy.

We have a BRAND NEW Chevy Silverado at work and we put less than 2k miles on it... and it's ALREADY having transmission problems. Brand fucking new straight from the dealership and we hardly drove the fucking thing.

Thought I wanted a tacoma for years then I test drove one and it was meh....i wasn't looking for excitement or luxury. I just really wasn't impressed with the comfort and how it drove. It was 2 years old, with 40k miles on it and they still wanted 31k.

I do like the look of the Chevy and gmc but I know several people who have had major issues with them.

Neighbor across the street from me got one of those last Wednesday, the next morning I saw it being towed away and there was a big puddle of fluid in his driveway. Hope you have better luck than he did, it was damn funny though.

had mine for around 2 months now, no issues so far.

Not saying Tacomas are bad trucks, but form what I've read/heard, they tooka serious fall in quality and reliability since the 2016 model (IE 2017s to present).

Plus, everyone I know that has bought one in the past 3 years or so, says they overpaid for what they got.

P.S. Chevy trucks are indeed garbage. You couldn't pay me to drive one.

Chevy in general is garbage. Everyone I know with a chevy built in the last five years have learned the hard way.

Dealer had to buy one friend's Equinox back under lemon law, and another's engine had valve train issues at 40k miles in a Cruz lol

Only manlets drive Tacomas!

Regular-sized men will at least get a Tundra!

Bowtie Crew 4 Life!

Neighbor across the street from me got one of those last Wednesday, the next morning I saw it being towed away and there was a big puddle of fluid in his driveway. Hope you have better luck than he did, it was damn funny though.

I used to work on a car rental lot in the first half of the 2000s and had multiple PT cruisers, intrepid and stratuses break down BRAND NEW from the factory. So your story is not surprising. My uncle just had his 2015 Ram with lowish miles in the dealer for mystery electrical issues. Doors were locking and unlocking randomly day and night lol

I had to rent a van a few weeks ago and they only had dodge caravans. I had a newer one on I swear it hasn't been updated at all since 2007 when I still worked in rental.

If I had to buy a truck, first pick would be a tundra. A used laye model with the 5.7L. Those are million mile engines (just hope the starter never shuts out, a big job to change).

Second would be an f150. Ford always seem to have their shit together when compared to Chrysler or GM.

Check out Tacoma World. It’s the best resource for any Tacoma related question. Very helpful and active community. You might be surprised how many owners do meet ups, trail rides, and mod days. Or shoot me a PM. I don’t much about much but I know a lot about Tacomas.
The other day early in the morning, I saw a "parade" of four different Porsches back to back to back. They must have planned that, but chose a really beat up bumpy road.

Having every American manufacturers diesel trucks in service currently here's my take.
For everyday use I drive a new GMC Sierra that I trade in every year or two. They have the best ride and interior of the three but the front suspension is not ideal for heavy off road use. Corn stubble will strip the boots from the shafts and eat the bearings straight away.
The Ford's are great with the service boxes, welder, compressor and crane. Over the years I've had rear differential and turbo problems with the Ford's tho. Having a shop makes quick work of the repairs unfortunately they usually go down when needed the most in the fall.
Dodge's are work horse beasts and the guys love them for it. Tough axles that take a beating with electrical being their week link. Years ago they had tranny's that would fail but I've not had one go in over a decade now.

GM's are traded every year or two seldom hitting 80k.
Ford's I keep 3-5 years or until they hit just over 120k.
Dodge's get driven into the ground with the oldest in the fleet being a '04.5 with 370k+ on it with a billet trans, stock 5.9 and turbo with head studs and a SMARTY on level 9 that tows a 24' enclosed workshop @ 12,000#. That old heap lights the tires with the trailer on it and without it chirps tires into overdrive at 85mph. Rides like a wagon and smells like differential grease.

As long as they blow cold air on my asshole IDC what brand I'm sitting in really and if anything major fails I just have the dealer send a new truck and come get the broke one. Last year they sent a black one so next time I'll choose a color called not black. I'm picky like that.

The other day early in the morning, I saw a "parade" of four different Porsches back to back to back. They must have planned that, but chose a really beat up bumpy road.
When I meet up with guys from Tacoma World for a trail ride it looks like a combination truck show/parade lol. I’ve done a good bit of mods, but some guys go ALL OUT.

Back