The worst trucks you can buy

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new Toyota Tacoma and I ran across these videos. The worst NEW trucks you can buy.

We have a BRAND NEW Chevy Silverado at work and we put less than 2k miles on it... and it's ALREADY having transmission problems. Brand fucking new straight from the dealership and we hardly drove the fucking thing.

I'm looking to buy a new Toyota Tacoma and I ran across these videos. The worst NEW trucks you can buy.

We have a BRAND NEW Chevy Silverado at work and we put less than 2k miles on it... and it's ALREADY having transmission problems. Brand fucking new straight from the dealership and we hardly drove the fucking thing.

Check out Tacoma World. It’s the best resource for any Tacoma related question. Very helpful and active community. You might be surprised how many owners do meet ups, trail rides, and mod days. Or shoot me a PM. I don’t much about much but I know a lot about Tacomas.

Not saying Tacomas are bad trucks, but form what I've read/heard, they tooka serious fall in quality and reliability since the 2016 model (IE 2017s to present).

Plus, everyone I know that has bought one in the past 3 years or so, says they overpaid for what they got.

P.S. Chevy trucks are indeed garbage. You couldn't pay me to drive one.

The new gen Tacoma's have some issues. Mainly the transmission not being so smooth or searching for gears. Not sure there are failure issues though

I rented one to try out and took it camping. Over the previous gen the Engine(power & gas mileage), tailgate, and mirrors were nice. I ended up buying a low mileage 2015 Trd 4x4

I keep hearing that if you go for a Tacoma get the manual transmission. Lots of complaints about the auto/3.5 combo. I'll never give up my 4runner but if was to buy a truck it'd either be an F150 or a Tundra.

GM quality has slipped badly over the past decade or so.

Not saying Tacomas are bad trucks, but form what I've read/heard, they tooka serious fall in quality and reliability since the 2016 model (IE 2017s to present).

Plus, everyone I know that has bought one in the past 3 years or so, says they overpaid for what they got.

P.S. Chevy trucks are indeed garbage. You couldn't pay me to drive one.

Depreciation on Tacomas is so low now you’re likely to pay about the same for a 2016 with 50k miles as you would for a new one.

I’ve had a 2017 Tacoma TRD sport for just over 3 years and have been nothing but impressed by it. It searches for gears for the first few thousand km, but apparently the computer learns your driving style and adjusts accordingly. I’ve used the payload to the max and it drives and brakes great fully loaded. I also go on long drives with the full payloads and get 10l-100km (24mpg).
If I had a choice between a brand new 2nd generation or the third I would take the third hands down and I love the 2nd gen. If you maintain them, nothing will hold up like a Tacoma.

Scotty Kilmer is legit.

I bought my car based off his recommendations.

The word 'expert' is thrown around far more than it should be, but if anyone has over 53 years of experience as a mechanic can overrule any of his statements about vehicles along with a track record for honesty I'll listen.

I got a new F150 last fall and I love everything about it. I’ve been a Toyota repeat owner for the last 15 years, but I am impressed with the 150.

Depreciation on Tacomas is so low now you’re likely to pay about the same for a 2016 with 50k miles as you would for a new one.

Yeah, a guy I worked with had that dilemma in 2017. Buy a used one with 35k, or buy a brand new one for 5k more than the used one. He bought a new one.

When I was looking around at vehicles early 2019, I went to the local Toyota dealership and looked at a Tacoma. The salesman told me they were in such high demand, that if I leased one they'd buy it back from me (assuming I kept it under the km allowance) for 5-10k. So basically, I'd get to drive it for almost 'free' for 5 years (not quite free).

I have a 2014 Tacoma TRD Off Road. It’s my daily driver and I also use it for camping and fishing. I have zero complaints and absolutely love it. I’ve been considering “upgrading” to a 4runner, but not in any hurry.

Yeah, a guy I worked with had that dilemma in 2017. Buy a used one with 35k, or buy a brand new one for 5k more than the used one. He bought a new one.

When I was looking around at vehicles early 2019, I went to the local Toyota dealership and looked at a Tacoma. The salesman told me they were in such high demand, that if I leased one they'd buy it back from me (assuming I kept it under the km allowance) for 5-10k. So basically, I'd get to drive it for almost 'free' for 5 years (not quite free).
In 2014 when I was shopping I initially targeted used, but ended up opting for new. The brand new one was less than 5 grand more than ones that were over five years old regardless of miles.

I have a NIssan 2005 Frontier 4.0 VQ engine is solid, but the transmission went out earlier than expected, the interior is cheap plastic. Would not recommend over a Tacoma but it's still a solid truck.

Back