The worst game/season you experienced as a fan?

Giants losing to the Eagles after blowing a huge 4th quarter lead and seeing Matt "Shitbag" Dodge kick the ball to DeSean Jackson. I've never been so crushed in a game.

angry-tom-coughlin-o.gif

Giants losing to the Eagles after blowing a huge 4th quarter lead and seeing Matt "Shitbag" Dodge kick the ball to DeSean Jackson. I've never been so crushed in a game.

10 other guys...

2006 Louisville v. Rutgers - William Gay jumps offsides on a missed FG, gives Ito another chance to kick a GW FG. I still believe we would've won the national championship that year if not for that blunder.

2007 Miami Dolphins season - 1-15. Enough said.

2014 Louisville v. Kentucky, Sweet 16 - Up by three with 4 minutes left, I thought we had UK beat. But we choked the damn game away. And the fact we lost to a rival on such a big stage left 10 sour Warheads in my mouth.

The travesty that was the NBA Finals '06.

Most experts agree that the Mavs were blatantly screwed, without a doubt the most rigged series in NBA history.

game 6. rangers vs cardinals world series

A couple stand out for sure:

2006 AFC Divisional Game vs New England - One of the greatest Chargers teams ever assembled falls to NE at home. LT had one of the greatest seasons ever, Chargers were 14-2, 8-0 at home, and lost in the final minute after imploding. We even intercepted Tom Brady on 4th down with only about 5 minutes left and had the ball stripped so NE recovered. LT loses his cool after the game and gets into it with Pats players and Marty is fired. One of the worst afternoons of my life and without a doubt the worst moment I have ever had as a fan in any sport.

2007 National League Wild Card play in game Vs the Rockies - Padres had a solid team that year and it looked like we could make some progress in the playoffs if we got in. We had a triple crown, Cy Young winner in Jake Peavy on the mound and he struggled. Back and forth game and we bring in Trevor Hoffman, probably the 2nd greatest closer of all time, into the game and he blows the save. Holliday scores the winning run in the 13th even though he didn't touch the plate. Rockies go on to the win the pennant and make an appearance in the World Series. God damn bullshit, I am still salty about the Holliday call. One of the craziest games I have ever seen.

Ray Rice's 4th and 29 run Vs Chargers - Another "I can't believe that just happened" moment in SD's history.

1998 World Series Vs NYY - Swept.

1994 Super Bowl Vs 49ers - Destroyed.

It's rough being a SD sports fan but damn I love the Padres/Chargers!

Season -
1990 - Yankees
1993 - Detroit Pistons
Any season from the Greg Robinson Era for Syracuse

Games -
1987 National Championship
1996 National Championship
Games 5,6,7 2004 ALCS

The Blackhawks being swept in 4 games by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 1992 Stanley Cup Finals. I was 8 years old at the time and seeing the Pens defeat us 6-5 in game four was the end of the world for me, one of the only times I can honestly remember crying over my favorite team losing.

I can take comfort now that I got to see the Hawks win two Stanley Cups so far in my life time.

Last years Blue Jays season was probably the most disappointing for me. I was 8 years old in '93 when the Jays won the WS, so I've grown accustomed to the inadequate, sub-par teams they've fielded over the last 20 years since, but last year was the first time it felt like they really made a move to win. I sort of got excited in the mid/late 2000s when they signed guys like Glaus, Burnett, Overbay, BJ Ryan etc, and had Bautista, Halladay, Wells, Rios, etc... but I felt like they were chasing guys who were over the hump, past their prime, and couldn't get everything clicking at once. If their pitching was good, their bats were silent. If the bats were good, pitchers were getting worked. Then they signed Frank Thomas and I was convinced they had no idea what they were doing. They signed him to some ridiculous money when he was past his prime, it felt like desperation.

Anyway, I knew coming out the gate being ranked so high, and even some pinning them as the AL favorites to make the WS would mean anything less would be a disappointment, and put a lot of pressure on the team. I tried to remain realistic, tried to downplay it, but I still figured they had a decent shot. Failing that, I figured they were a near shoe-in for the expanded wildcard, but they weren't even close.

Hopefully I don't jinx it, but this year the have basically the same group of guys and it's completely different. They got rid of Arencibia which has turned out to be a great move, but Navarro isn't a guy who turn teams from pretenders into contenders either. I like what they did by signing Francisco and platooning him from 3B/DH/1B and giving Lawrie time at 2B. Francisco hasn't been a liability on the field, and his bat has been very good. Lawrie has played great at 2B as well. That move has made AA look like a genius, instead of trying to sign somebody like Drew in the offseason for 14m+.

It's just bizarre that they have so many of the same guys and it seems like a completely different team. A few little tweaks with Navarro / Francisco, and a healthy Reyes / Melky have made a world of a difference. It doesn't hurt that EE is on fire either.

Last edited:
Damn, that was a great year for me. I was surrounded by Cubs fans and the Cardinals won the WS, iirc.

Yeah, I think you're right.

A few more....

Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS, to this day I still can't really even talk about it without getting pissed. I haven't watched it since it happened and can still visually see every minute of it.

Bears loss to the Eagles in the playoffs in 02. That was a fun season

Last seasons loss to the Packers, fuck Chris Conte.

I don't think i ever felt more ashamed of one of my favorite teams than USC in 2009 against Stanford. Fairly close game until Barkley throws that pick 6 in the 3rd or 4th quarter. You literally saw the USC team quit once that happened. I knew it was bound to happen because at the time, USC was always getting these highly ranked players who only used USC as a pipeline to the NFL. Fuck any team that would quit on Pete Carroll.

The 2012 game against UCLA was pretty bad as well. You could tell USC thought they would just waltz in there and UCLA was gonna lay down for them. Walker blowing his assignment against Barr was fuckin horrible. IDK why Kiffin stuck with Walker at LT so much.

Pretty funny that there's no need to even specify what game you're talking about and everyone knows. Between the Tuck Rule Game and Spygate it is only a matter of time until that Pats SB win is referred to with an *.

There have been a number of other teams that have gotten caught spying; plenty of execs and players have said this was common practice...let's stop acting like that's the reason the Pat's won.

Now....the tuck rule...that's a completely different story. Horrible call.

For me, game 7 of the Canucks/Bruins final since I don't remember 94 as clearly.

There have been a number of other teams that have gotten caught spying; plenty of execs and players have said this was common practice...let's stop acting like that's the reason the Pat's won.

For me, game 7 of the Canucks/Bruins final since I don't remember 94 as clearly.

My brother was living in Vancouver when that shit went down

The Rich Rodriguez era

pretty much every single season being a SJ Sharks fan.
good regular season team, playoffs come.
it's over.

and yet they refuse to over haul.
and they continue to raise ticket prices.
no thanks.

My brother was living in Vancouver when that shit went down

I was downtown in a bar for the game, and when I came out, the riot was just starting. Stuck around just to check it out...had a tear gas canister explode maybe...3 feet from me.

That's a fair point, however, isn't that like saying that an MMA fighter who wins a championship fight but gets caught using PEDs shouldn't be stripped of the championship because utilizing PEDs is "common practice"?

I'm going to miss TRT Vitor BTW.

Thank you and cheers.

Back