The worst game/season you experienced as a fan?

OnionKnight86

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Everyone talks about a game or season they really enjoyed and always brings them joy when they re-watch or think about it (Sid breams slide for the braves, Montana vs Elway MNF for the chiefs). But I want to know, which Season or game just brought you pain and misery and made you think "why do i follow this team?!". Did anyone ever change a team because of how bad a team was?

With the KC Chiefs, the 2012 season and any playoff game against the colts were bad.

The ATL Braves, The 91 world series, a lot of playoff games in the 14 straight division titles years. 2010 vs the Giants and brooks conrad 3 errors in one game.

KU Jayhawks Basketball - 1st or 2nd round bounces by unranked teams :(

bonus: HBK beating bret hart at WM12 :(

Rams vs Cheatriots in the Super Bowl.

All the experts agree that NE cheated and would have never won without filming and dissecting the Rams practice.

Just a matter of time before they're stripped of that title and it's given to the Rams, who had one of the greatest teams of all time that season.

ETA: Every time the Red Wings beat the Blues in the playoffs.

Devin Setoguchi scored 3:09 into overtime to give the San Jose Sharks a 6-5 victory over the Kings, who blew a four-goal lead, in Game 3 of their first-round playoff series on Tuesday night.

That

or

in 07, Cal was ranked #2 in the nation and #1 LSU had just lost. Mind you, Cal has never been #1 in football in their entire history. Down by 3 to Oregon State with :10 on the clock, on the Oregon State 10 yard line, no timeouts. I figure they run one passing play to try to win the game, if it doesn't work - kick the field goal and go to overtime. Our fucking moronic QB decides to try to scramble for the TD, gets tackled on the 2, we can't clock it in time - lose and goodbye number 1 ranking.

I watched the whole thing in the students section. It sucked.

Well Im a Raiders fan so...

Packers- fail mary. Probably the most legit rustled ive ever been watching a sporting event
Bucks - the last decade edit- more specific event when Ray Allen got traded for a washed up Gary Peyton

Last edited:
I can't remember what year it was, but the season ended on a fucking Favre interception that I just knew was coming. I just knew it. Knew he was going to can it up any minute, and boom, there it was. At that point I realized I had no faith in my favorite player anymore. Shit sammich

Alabama-Iron Bowl 2013 with the recent Sugar Bowl games as an honorable mention
Braves-All posts-eason games
Falcons-All post-season games
Hawks-All post-season games

One of the worst games I've seen in any sport was a few years ago when the Bills played the Browns and the final score was like 6-3. Just an awful game all around.

he entire 2006 Chicago Cubs season.... Derrick Lee broke his wrist, the demise of Mark Prior and Kerry Wood and a 100 loss season.

2002 game 6 of the world series, Dusty pulling Ortiz in the bottom of the 7th up by 5-> some nobody hitting a 3 run jack -> Glaus hitting a double -> Giants losing in 7.

Take your pick of Crabtree incompletion SB / Sherman deflection INT / Sharks losing series after leading 3-0 to a rival .

As much as the first lost killed me with the undefeated season. The patriots 2nd loss to the giants and welker dropping passes like trash was tough t watch.

Any leafs game with a mnth left this year.

he entire 2006 Chicago Cubs season.... Derrick Lee broke his wrist, the demise of Mark Prior and Kerry Wood and a 100 loss season.

If youre a cubs fan then couldnt you say like the last 100 years

1997 Indians losing game 7 of the World Series after leading until in the bottom of the 9th.

Every Browns season, The two BCS Championships the Buckeyes got embarrassed in,

The 2010-11 Cleveland Cavalier season going from a bright future to the lowest of low and having friends that are "LeBron Fans" still feel the need to gloat about how much they have sucked since via in person,text,phone calls ect. Whenever the Heat do something good or the Cavs do something horrible(so I still hear about it often :icon_chee)

The Marlins getting dismantled after the 97 WS win.
Marino losing 62-3 in his final game.
Last year for UF football.

Worst game: tie between Green Bay vs. St. Louis in 2001 Divisionals (lost 45-17; Brett threw five picks) and the dreaded 4th and 26.

Worst season: 2005 Green Bay Packers season. Went 4-12. At one point we were 3-12 with more point for than against. Won blowouts and lost squeakers.

I have two: Bengals vs. Steelers in 2006. Palmer looked like he was the next great QB. First pass bomb to Chris Henry to get us in field goal range. Palmer torn ACL. Never the same FML

And Cincinnati Bearcats vs. St. Louis Billikens confrence first round when Kenyon Martin broke his leg. UC was the clear cut best team in the country that year. Best UC team I have ever seen. And a meaningless conference tournament game essentially ended any hope of a national championship.

2002 WS. LOL.

2002 playoff loss to TB. Had to put up with shit from my Raider friends 'till the Super Bowl.

2010 49ers. High expectations that basically died Week 1 against Seattle.

2012 SB. Watching the defense shit the bed in the most important game of their lives still rustles my jimmies. Fucking idiots.

2013 Week 3 blowout loss to the Colts. Felt like the Niner franchise was collapsing on all fronts between Aldon, the on-field beatdown, and the bad press.

I don't really mind the 2013 NFCCG that much really. It fucking sucked, but losing to a great team on the road is going to happen.

brooks conrad

M.V.P.

Back