The Worst American Food

Yea, sloppy joe's is just as bad as meatloaf.

craftsman said:
Yea, sloppy joe's is just as bad as meatloaf.

Or just as good. I like my homemmade meatloaf. Put some oatmeal in that, lean beef or turkey, spices, couple eggs...mmm.

Don't dis spam if you are every in Hawaii.

Everyone eats it. You can get it at any diner and even McDonalds. (McDonalds in Hawaii, at least Kona and Maui, also serve white rice at all times of the day.)

Spam Musubi is a hugely popular snack. You can even get it at Hawaiian restaurants here in Phoenix. It is Spam+rice+seaweed. Spam Sushi, if you will.

My favorite spam dishes:

1 can of spam + egg rice (3 raw egg yolks mixed with hot white rice and soy sauce)
Spam and Mac+cheese (just chop it and put it in)
Spam and eggs
Grilled spam and cheese
Spamburgers
Barbacued Spam

Spam is awesome. It is literally like 40% fat. It is awesome if you are on a keto-diet. It will kill you if you eat it with the stuff listed above.

jodka said:
Don't dis spam if you are every in Hawaii.

Everyone eats it. You can get it at any diner and even McDonalds. (McDonalds in Hawaii, at least Kona and Maui, also serve white rice at all times of the day.)

Spam Musubi is a hugely popular snack. You can even get it at Hawaiian restaurants here in Phoenix. It is Spam+rice+seaweed. Spam Sushi, if you will.

My favorite spam dishes:

1 can of spam + egg rice (3 raw egg yolks mixed with hot white rice and soy sauce)
Spam and Mac+cheese (just chop it and put it in)
Spam and eggs
Grilled spam and cheese
Spamburgers
Barbacued Spam

Spam is awesome. It is literally like 40% fat. It is awesome if you are on a keto-diet. It will kill you if you eat it with the stuff listed above.

What's a keto-diet? Oh and Spam kicks ass with rice.

Spam rules.

Spam and eggs
Spam and white rice
Spam and cheese sandwich
Spam fried rice
Spamburgers
Spam spaghetti

Versatile. Simple. Cheap. Spam is the perfect food.

jodka said:
Spam rules.

Spam and eggs
Spam and white rice
Spam and cheese sandwich
Spam fried rice
Spamburgers
Spam spaghetti

Versatile. Simple. Cheap. Spam is the perfect food.
As long as they don't sling sloppy joes with it, it can stay.

Is anyone here confused on my position regarding sloppy joes? Yes?

To quote a favorite performer of mine, I think the nutritional planner for Meteer Elementary School in Red Bluff California should have his feet cut off and be forced to jump up and down until he's empty.

Madmick said:
As long as they don't sling sloppy joes with it, it can stay.

Is anyone here confused on my position regarding sloppy joes? Yes?

To quote a favorite performer of mine, I think the nutritional planner for Meteer Elementary School in Red Bluff California should have his feet cut off and be forced to jump up and down until he's empty.

Mick, why don't you make a small batch of your own instead of using the school cafeteria's as a benchmark?

School Cafeteria = Soviet Union 1950s boot camp era rations

Grady said:
Mick, why don't you make a small batch of your own instead of using the school cafeteria's as a benchmark?

School Cafeteria = Soviet Union 1950s boot camp era rations
Oh, I've had them since. I've had the "homemade" sloppy joes.

Haha, that was funny, we got Madmick

HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES ARE ASS!

My anger towards the cafeteria is that I was given no alternative, and really no choice, in whether or not I ate the food. As an adult, when a friend's grandmother or girlfriend or whoever outstretches a platter of sloppy joes in offering, I can elect to say, "Fuck you and your people."

I gotta agree, sloppy joe's ruined my day every time they put that putrid shit on the menu for the day. I don't think I've eaten one of those for a good 15 years or more. Ughh.....yuck

Oh, I've had them since. I've had the "homemade" sloppy joes.

Haha, that was funny, we got Madmick

HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES ARE ASS!

My anger towards the cafeteria is that I was given no alternative, and really no choice, in whether or not I ate the food. As an adult, when a friend's grandmother or girlfriend or whoever outstretches a platter of sloppy joes in offering, I can elect to say, "Fuck you and your people."

You know you're stomach and intestines are in trouble when you stand outside your school and see the truck that brings the Cafeteria's stock...and it's just a big white truck with "FOOD" in bold black lettering on the side.

King Kabuki said:
You know you're stomach and intestines are in trouble when you stand outside your school and see the truck that brings the Cafeteria's stock...and it's just a big white truck with "FOOD" in bold black lettering on the side.

Ah, the memories.

My least favorite school cafeteria item was "Pizza Roll." This food was not in any way related to actual pizza. It was a hamburger roll, split in half and toasted, with a slice of cheese melted on each half, covered with a couple ounces of hot crushed tomatoes. We are talking maybe 200 calories here, max?

This, a tiny salad (it fit in one of those little paper cups), 8oz milk, and a *desert selection, were all you ate from 9am to 4pm.

*if it wasn't for a particular desert called a "Graham Frostie," I doubt I would have survived. It was a slab of peanut butter sandwiched between two graham crackers, with a bit of chocolate frosting layered on one side. I always grabbed this as my desert selection, but it was really the main food, calorically.

ugh, I just watched a show that said when Regan was president, ketchup was considered a vegetable selection by the FDA. Eat a burger with ketchup and some fries w/ ketchup and as far as the school was concerened, you just had two servings of veggies.

sloppyjoe_170x194.jpg

Oh, you're gonna pay for that, Hipnautik.

Before I leave this earth, I will look down on your corpse and smile.

Grady said:
I like em.

When I make them myself.

Good lean beef, seasonings, onions, served hot on a toasted hoggie or roll, mmmm.

Cafeteria versions? Watch out.

Amen to the homemade version but the thread starter is right about the manwich... we'll just leave it at that

Back