The Worst American Food

Brand Nizzle said:
Ive never eaten at white castle but all of my friends say they are like amazing. do they really suck?

They don't have White Castle here but my gf has been to one in Detroit and she said it was horrible. I've seen how White Castle makes their burgers on TV. and they didn't look at all appetizing.

King Kabuki said:
I agree. sluts hit the spot....*raises an eyebrow*

Don't take that wrong. Cafeteria sloppy joes are horrible and should be avoided at all costs. But sloppy joes prepared with decent ingredients are fairly healthy.

I'm not so sure about aspertame. I consume enought diet coke, that if it were toxic, I would be long dead by now.

Agreed. I agree the FDA is full of crap and needs to be overhauled, but the stuff I've read about Aspartame simply looks like a bunch of people looking for something to scapegoat for all their illnesses, half of which I'd be willing to wager are mental and not physical.

Don't take that wrong. Cafeteria sloppy joes are horrible and should be avoided at all costs. But sloppy joes prepared with decent ingredients are fairly healthy.

I was being comedic, "sluts"...as in sexually loose women.

I agree Kabuki, but I generally try to avoid sweeteners like aspartame anyway.

Aspartame, when making contact with a liquid, is said to make a conversion (beyond it's own will I'm sure) to formaldahyde.

Do not ask for source.

Because I know everything and I'm here to preserve your life. Much like formaldahyde.

Flounder said:
mmmmmmmmm. potted meat product.

Hmmmm. I think I see Matt Furey's next product. "Lean, Mean, Nazi fighting Diet!! Long lost diet secrets of the 'greatest generation'. Told to me, Matt Furey, directly by 90 yo Seargent Major blah blah."

Ever wonder why the US armed forces were maniacal killers back in the forties? Ever wonder how they were able to swing through the jungles of the Pacific Rim, vine in one hand, bayonet in the other? How did our boys simply smash through impenatrable beachline defenses without so much as a scratch?

Back in the 1930

King Kabuki said:
I was being comedic, "sluts"...as in sexually loose women.
I laughed. Women my age are so shameless, I'm finding guys are having to adapt the social construct that guys will do it "anytime, anywhere, with anyone" just in order to survive.

LOL. It's sad, but it's almost serious. I'm finding myself in a culture where men are having to uphold a moral code pertaining to sex.

In other words, boys, we're FUCKING SCREWED.

Oh, that Matt Furey satire was spot-on!

Good shit.

Ever wonder why the US armed forces were maniacal killers back in the forties? Ever wonder how they were able to swing through the jungles of the Pacific Rim, vine in one hand, bayonet in the other? How did our boys simply smash through impenatrable beachline defenses without so much as a scratch?

Back in the 1930

Good call. I'm sending this to the New York Times. Buy stock in SPAM now.... there's only 300 shares available, and then they're gone - forever!

Last time I ate SPAM was three days into a hike deep in the Adirondack High Peaks region. We already consummed all our dehydrated foods and the few canned items be brought except for this can of SPAM we had. We had another 6 hours of hike left to get out of the forrest. My buddy decided he didn't want any, and instead put in a wad of chewing tobacco. I was so hungry, I ate that can of SPAM cold, right of the can with a fork.

It sat like a rock at the bottom of my stomach for the rest of the hike, and I felt less energy overall than I would have if I had nothing! It made me drag my ass the rest of the way, for six hours. Never again shall I partake of this substance.

Madmick said:
I laughed. Women my age are so shameless, I'm finding guys are having to adapt the social construct that guys will do it "anytime, anywhere, with anyone" just in order to survive.

LOL. It's sad, but it's almost serious. I'm finding myself in a culture where men are having to uphold a moral code pertaining to sex.

In other words, boys, we're FUCKING SCREWED.

Yea buddy! You'll find no complaints from me. 20, 30, 40, hell 50y/o for all I care. I love the attention and all we have to do now is hang on for the ride. Doncha just love equal opportunity?

What is a sloppy joe? I'm not joking. I'm in Australia; heard of them on US television shows, just don't know what they are.

Big_One said:
What is a sloppy joe? I'm not joking. I'm in Australia; heard of them on US television shows, just don't know what they are.

You should make a batch. You could sub Kangaroo meat instead of beef if you like.

Make sure you drain the beef fat or it is too 'sloppy' -- you don't want it to soak your bread. It should be moist, heap it on the toasted roll, and devour. Good eats!

Does anyone eat SPAM straight outta the can?

My grandfather used to (Hawaiian) and he was a hardcore WW2 and Korean war 2 star.

Chad Hamilton said:
Does anyone eat SPAM straight outta the can?

My grandfather used to (Hawaiian) and he was a hardcore WW2 and Korean war 2 star.

That freaked me out when I went to hawaii. Spam is friggin served at McDonald's for breakfast.

I've gotta agree, the cafeteria sloppy joes were terrible. However, homemade ones are good. My mom makes a killer Joe. However, I've got a cafeteria selection that's even worse. We used to have hamburg cravy...anyone else?

Oh, and I had a buddy back in college that bought a can of spam his freshmand year and ate it when he graduated...6 years later. Crazy bastard even drank the juice. uck.

Back